Page 1 of 164 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it's early but as the hope for us is to have a good pick while seeing some of our youth improving, imo we can start to talk about some prospects.

I will focus my first post on the frontcourt players coming in the nba next year, i think that's the biggest need for the team.

I expect our team to have a top 10 pick, the best thing is to be a top5-6 IMO, so here is my firt list for the upcoming draft ( no order) :

1- C Chet Holmgren 7'0 195 lbs 7'3'5 wingspan ( 19.5 yrs old-Gonzaga )

He can do everything, shoot from 3 and mid range, drive, really good shotblocker, good rebounder , nice passer.
    He is a little bit slow but not that much for a seven footer, the biggest concern is his thin frame and the fact that he could be injury prone with that kind of body. His perimeter D could be a concern.

2- PF Jabari Smith 6'10 210 lbs ? wingspan ( 18.5 yrs old-Auburn)

Jabari is one of my favourite coming into this year, he started to caught some eyes in Auburn last week. He's your mordern 4/5, he can space and run the floor , good athlete, agile and fluid, good handle, he can defend multiple positions, rebound well.
    Like Holmgren but in a different style, he has a skinny frame, could have some difficulties finishing trough contact, needs to play more in the paint( too much on the perimeter), good but not explosive athlet.

3- PF Paolo Banchero 6'10 250 lbs 7'0'5 wingspan ( 19yrs old- Duke)

The favourite for the first pick and my favorite prospect also, he is nba ready imo and can do pretty everything well. He was really good in Duke's first games.

really good physical profile, good athlete, nice footwork, versatile scorer ( can shoot the 3), good rebounder, smart player who can make some good assists, versatile defender....
    No real weakness but laterall quickness is not elite, can cut down some the TO and improve his 3 pt shooting wich his not bad.

4- C Jalen Duren 6'11 250 lbs 7'5 wingspan ( 18 yrs old-Memphis)

Duren is your real interior, he is a beast. Explosive athlete, good motor. Very good shotblocker and good rebounder. No problem finishing near the basket.
    Not a big repertoire offensively other than catching lobs, putback and finishing near the basket. Mediocre FT shooter.

5- SF/PF Patrick Baldwin Jr 6'9 220 lbs 6'11 wingspan ( 19 yrs old- Winsconsin Milwaukee)

My last guy is Pat Baldwin, playing for his dad in Milwaukee he would have all the place to showcase his talent.
    Baldwin is a really good shooter, nice and pure form, good mobility, can shot or post up smaller guys, good off the ball player, good IQ.
    Not an explosive athlete, lacks some speed, not a good rebounder or shotblocker, can improve his offense versatility.

Sleepers : Tracye Jackson Davis ( 6'9 PF- Indiana and son of former nba payer Dale Davis ) Damion Collins ( 6'9 PF- Kentucky) Brandon Huntley Hartfield ( 6'10 PF- Tennessee)

So who you got for the spurs next year ? what do people think of those prospects ? even if it's the beginning.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Duren

Patrick Baldwin Jr

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patrick Baldwin Jr should be the pick. The Spurs don’t need any more non-shooters and guys who can’t create for themselves. Banchero doesn’t look fluid at all and reminds me of Jalen Johnson who is a tweener in a bad way. The team needs to continue adding scorers and I think they will go for that. Patrick will solve our issues with lack of length and inability to buy a bucket outside of Murray.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet Homlgren looks like marfans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patrick.

Reminds me of a Durant Light. Plays with his dad, obviously a culture kid and coaches kid. He can get his own bucket, plenty of size, not an elite athlete but his size makes up for his average athleticism. With his high release, he should have no trouble getting his shot when he wants.

He did look a little flat in his opener, and didn't stand out talent wise as much as I'd expect but he took care of business and got his stats so maybe he just plays quiet like Duncan used to.

PBJ is my pick outside one of the couple really good shooters coming out. Unfortunately they're all 6'3 and under size. We would have to move on from two or three guys if we drafted that small tbh. Don't know if the spurs will think that way. Prolly just logjam guards in Austin with primo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Banchero doesn’t look fluid at all and reminds me of Jalen Johnson who is a tweener in a bad way.
    That's exactly the comparison I thought of when I watched him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PBJ will likely be there between #5 to #10 due to his decision to play for a small school and because people overvalue athleticism over skill.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know much about these prospects but I’ve heard a good comp for Duren is Myles Turner and he’s been on this forums radar for awhile.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take a serious look at Daimion Collins. He averaged 7 ast/gm as a high school senior (as well as 35 pts, 14 rb, 6.2 blks). That number is high enough to suggest he has some vision, as well as being a serious athlete and 6'9" (with a 7'4" wingspan).
    https://twitter.com/slam_university/...37972688510978

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this team ends up with a pick between 7-10 I’ve got my eye in Houstan. Just like I though, this team is still hurting on 3 pointers and I think he may be a solution.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this team ends up with a pick between 7-10 I’ve got my eye in Houstan. Just like I though, this team is still hurting on 3 pointers and I think he may be a solution.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of these guys are gonna put up big numbers for the Austin Spurs next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not seeing the Gonzaga dude stringbean

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take a serious look at Daimion Collins. He averaged 7 ast/gm as a high school senior (as well as 35 pts, 14 rb, 6.2 blks). That number is high enough to suggest he has some vision, as well as being a serious athlete and 6'9" (with a 7'4" wingspan).
    https://twitter.com/slam_university/...37972688510978
    Kid is from my area. Unreal athleticism. I've been to plenty of sporting events, watching him play in high school was up there with any other athletes I've seen live. He's a good kid from what I've seen and heard as well. Small town kid, stayed out of trouble and just worked.

With that being said, he is a student of the game and works on all facets of the game but he is underdeveloped. His stats were against kids half his size. His size and athleticism allowed him to get playground stats quite a bit. Not to say he isn't a good player, he is. He would very much be a project at this point. I'm definitely watching to see his development this year against athletes that stand a chance and can compete against him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

His bag is ridiculous. This is a no brainer. I’m glad his team is losing, maybe this will cause him to be overlooked and he’ll be there wherever the Spurs land with their draft position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Jabari Smith and Baldwin too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I look forward to drafting another guard with the 11th pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

His bag is ridiculous. This is a no brainer. I’m glad his team is losing, maybe this will cause him to be overlooked and he’ll be there wherever the Spurs land with their draft position.
    He could be a really good addition to the team, really smart player and pure shooter. The only thing he can't solve is the rebouding but you can't have everything.

That's also why i like jabari smith who can shoot and give you some athletism inside.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I haven't really looked at the college kids yet but, he does have size and skill set that we need...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could be a really good addition to the team, really smart player and pure shooter. The only thing he can't solve is the rebouding but you can't have everything.

That's also why i like jabari smith who can shoot and give you some athletism inside.
    I’m not as convinced with Jabari. He looks like a downhill-type transition player that Scottie Barnes is, except with a better shot. I don’t think either will be useful when the game slows down and when you need a bucket in crunch time. Not enough craftiness and flash to his game. The Spurs need guys you can center an offense around. Plus, he doesn’t sound Spursy on social media which makes me think he won’t be a target anyway.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    anyone but not "stick insect"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I look forward to drafting another guard with the 11th pick.
    that won't play until his 2nd season

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not as convinced with Jabari. He looks like a downhill-type transition player that Scottie Barnes is, except with a better shot. I don’t think either will be useful when the game slows down and when you need a bucket in crunch time. Not enough craftiness and flash to his game. The Spurs need guys you can center an offense around. Plus, he doesn’t sound Spursy on social media which makes me think he won’t be a target anyway.

I will follow him more, there are some concerns for sure.

About Banchero i really don't see the J Johnson comparison, Banchero is way more developed than Johnson. JJ plays like a point foward, for me Banchero is more versatile, i will compare him to some scoring PF ala Griffin or Boozer... a younger and modern version of something like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will follow him more, there are some concerns for sure.

About Banchero i really don't see the J Johnson comparison, Banchero is way more developed than Johnson. JJ plays like a point foward, for me Banchero is more versatile, i will compare him to some scoring PF ala Griffin or Boozer... a younger and modern version of something like that.
    How is Banchero versatile and Jalen Johnson isn’t? I would think playing like a point forward IS what makes you versatile. Griffin/ Boozer were anything but versatile. They were one trick ponies who didn’t do much outside of their post offense and rebounding.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Banchero versatile and Jalen Johnson isn’t? I would think playing like a point forward IS what makes you versatile. Griffin/ Boozer are anything but versatile. They were one trick ponies who didn’t do much outside of their post offense and rebounding.

Johnson can't shoot well, he was not a good driver either in NCAA. Your not versatile cause your long and can pass ... Imo they have nothing in common. Banchero is better at pretty everything at the same age for me and they have different skillsets.

Griffin or Boozer is for the scoring PF and i don't want to bring in Chris Webber cause it's too high actually.

Thread Information