Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re alone on that island, man. I browse their forum and nearly all Rockets fans hate the way the team is being managed.

Spurs fans are bigger Rockets fans than Rockets fans are fans of the Rockets.
    The grass is always greener.
    I think it also comes with seeing a player day in and day out. When we lol at the Rockets, we see high draft picks, touted inn a hundred mock drafts and occasionally highlights. Watching game after game you start to see the flaws.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted luka Garza and I still think he is doing well for the time he has played. I also think he could have played some here as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had him #4 on my board....maybe I had him to low...

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyEight Raptor WAR, 1 minute minimum, Rookies, not necessarily 2021 draftees.

1) 1.3 Franz Wagner
    2) 1.2 Scottie Barnes, Herbert Jones, Evan Mobley
    5) 1.0 Chris Duarte, Alperen Sengen
    7) 0.7 Austin Reaves
    8) 0.5 Trey Murphy III
    9) 0.4 Davion Mitc , Aaron Wiggins
    11) 0.3 Jose Alvarado, Usman Garuba, Bones Hyland, Jalen Suggs
    15) 0.2 Charles Bassey, Corey Kispert, Jock Landale, Day'Ron Sharpe, Jericho Sims
    20) 0.1 Joel Ayayi, Justin Champagnie, Kessler Edwards, Jay Huff, Keon Johnson, Joshua Primo, Isaiah Todd, Ish Wainwright
    28) 0.0 Santi Aldama, Leandro Bolmaro, Josh Christopher, Petr Cornelie, Ayo Dosunmu, Jeff Dowtin, Marcus Garrett, Sam Hauser, Aaron Henry, DeJon Jarreau, David Johnson, Jalen Johnson, Vit Krejci, Jonathan Kuminga, JaQuori McLaughlin, RJ Nemhard Jr, Daishen Nix, Eugene Omoruyi, Jamorko Pickett, Yves Pons, Marko Simonovic, Javonte Smart, Jaden Springer, JT Thor, Duane Washington, Joe Weiskamp, McKinley Wright IV

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FiveThirtyEight Raptor WAR, 1 minute minimum, Rookies, not necessarily 2021 draftees.

1) 1.3 Franz Wagner
    2) 1.2 Scottie Barnes, Herbert Jones, Evan Mobley
    5) 1.0 Chris Duarte, Alperen Sengen
    7) 0.7 Austin Reaves
    8) 0.5 Trey Murphy III
    9) 0.4 Davion Mitc , Aaron Wiggins
    11) 0.3 Jose Alvarado, Usman Garuba, Bones Hyland, Jalen Suggs
    15) 0.2 Charles Bassey, Corey Kispert, Jock Landale, Day'Ron Sharpe, Jericho Sims
    20) 0.1 Joel Ayayi, Justin Champagnie, Kessler Edwards, Jay Huff, Keon Johnson, Joshua Primo, Isaiah Todd, Ish Wainwright
    28) 0.0 Santi Aldama, Leandro Bolmaro, Josh Christopher, Petr Cornelie, Ayo Dosunmu, Jeff Dowtin, Marcus Garrett, Sam Hauser, Aaron Henry, DeJon Jarreau, David Johnson, Jalen Johnson, Vit Krejci, Jonathan Kuminga, JaQuori McLaughlin, RJ Nemhard Jr, Daishen Nix, Eugene Omoruyi, Jamorko Pickett, Yves Pons, Marko Simonovic, Javonte Smart, Jaden Springer, JT Thor, Duane Washington, Joe Weiskamp, McKinley Wright IV

Scottie Barnes has since passed Wagner, which is making me happy-- I have a bet on him for ROY at +1200. My long shot bet this year was on Trey Murphy lll at +10,000-- a $40 bet would pay $4000, which looks pretty unlikely at this point, but was still a choice I like, considering the team he's on & their weaknesses and needs. If I had to guess now-- without odds being a factor-- I'd say Mobley gets it. He already looks like a damn good player and is getting better by the week. His versatility makes that strange uber tall line up of Allen/Markkanen/Mobley possible, and Cleveland sneaking into the playoffs after being 22-50 last year would be a great story. One metric has Mobley playing Center 28% of his time on the court, PF 36% of the time, and SF 36%. That's a pretty impressive showing for a 20 year old rookie.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...layer-ratings/
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 12-06-2021 at 12:29 PM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guys Sengun and Garuba seem to be showing great potential.

My guy from two years ago, Tyrese Maxey, is making great progress as well.

The guys I liked who aren’t doing great? Well, yeah, anyway…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess the initial shock is gone. For what he’s shown, he’s deserving of the 12th pick and could even be better.

I still like Jalen Johnson because he is the position in need.

Duarte would’ve been a great pick… for a contender as he is NBA ready, but we are not so. In retrospect, I’m happy with Joe at 2nd draft if he pans out, athletic and can shoot, Duncan Robinson type, and hopefully he takes Forbes minutes eventually.

In general I’m happy with Spurs’ picks. Jalen Johnson could be someone who got away, IF he turned to be a a good character guy, with all his natural gifts.
    Primo draft by this inept FO and over the hill HC at his spot was a frigging joke and he is nothing more than future bench fodder. He cannot even dominate a lessor league.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heh. My very public picks for last year’s rookies (that I thought the Spurs could get) were Tyrese Haliburton, Saddiq Bey, and DesmondBane. I called Jordan Nwora for a second round bargain. And I said that the minute the draft was over, the Spurs should hand a contract to Max Strus. How about that Pokusevski and Avdija?

This year’s picks that I thought the Spurs could get were Davion Mitc_ell, Alperun Sengun, and Chris Duarte. My pick for a second round bargain was Aaron Wiggins, and for an udrafted free agent bargain was Duane Washington (he lived with his uncle Derek Fisher in high school).

Primo may turn out to be a good pick, but I would have rather seen them try to trade up for Davion Mitc (and told TIMVP so). And Duarte/Sengun were both there without any move. Duane Washington will be a respectable player for an undrafted free agent.

Last year was a complete bust for the Spurs, considering they could have made just a small move and come up with either Haliburton or Bey, plus Bane, plus Strus for a min contract. That’s the draft that could have changed their fortunes, and won’t.

If anyone from the Spurs is reading, I can be consulted next draft for the price of a couple of virgins and a goat sacrifice.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Heh. My very public picks for last year’s rookies (that I thought the Spurs could get) were Tyrese Haliburton, Saddiq Bey, and DesmondBane. I called Jordan Nwora for a second round bargain. And I said that the minute the draft was over, the Spurs should hand a contract to Max Strus. How about that Pokusevski and Avdija?

This year’s picks that I thought the Spurs could get were Davion Mitc_ell, Alperun Sengun, and Chris Duarte. My pick for a second round bargain was Aaron Wiggins, and for an udrafted free agent bargain was Duane Washington (he lived with his uncle Derek Fisher in high school).

Primo may turn out to be a good pick, but I would have rather seen them try to trade up for Davion Mitc (and told TIMVP so). And Duarte/Sengun were both there without any move. Duane Washington will be a respectable player for an undrafted free agent.

Last year was a complete bust for the Spurs, considering they could have made just a small move and come up with either Haliburton or Bey, plus Bane, plus Strus for a min contract. That’s the draft that could have changed their fortunes, and won’t.

If anyone from the Spurs is reading, I can be consulted next draft for the price of a couple of virgins and a goat sacrifice.
    I wanted Bey last draft as well. That is who i was really into us getting. This draft I really wanted us to get Luka garza with our second or trade up for late first/ early second (which we would have needed).

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mobley, wagner - very well like expected
    alperem sengun - pretty good like expected
    moody, bouknight - expected a lil more but they lack of minutes

scottie barnes suprised me in a positive way, he was a 4th pick but tbh i wasnt so sure about him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not surprised by Scottie Barnes. I thought he'd be better than most anybody picked above him. I'm not surprised guys like Kuminga and Green suck. Slightly surprised Detroit is even worse with Cunningham and he can't win games, but he couldn't even get his team into the Tournament, I don't think. Like Simmons couldn't at LSU. Don't trust guys who 1) hide themselves on G-League teams or disappear entirely (Wiseman), or 2) can't even win in college.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The play at the 28 second mark is remarkably fluid for somebody his height...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the gleague. Kyle Anderson looked like an All Star in the gleague.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the gleague. Kyle Anderson looked like an All Star in the gleague.
    So what I'm looking for when I watch G-League games are transferable skills for the NBA and how are they improving week to week, game to game...
    That move at the 28 second mark = high-level self creation, ie. an NBA move.

If that becomes a consistent part of the repertoire, (and granted, it's a huge if), that is an almost unblock-able, go to move in Isolation situations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what I'm looking for when I watch G-League games are transferable skills for the NBA and how are they improving week to week, game to game...
    That move at the 28 second mark = high-level self creation, ie. an NBA move.

If that becomes a consistent part of the repertoire, (and granted, it's a huge if), that is an almost unblock-able, go to move in Isolation situations.
    Ex uses this same thought process with Primo’s G-League step back 3. Let’s see if he agrees with you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how many people would scoff at Jones looking good during his first season but then criticize the Spurs for letting go of Sam after seeing him score fewer points in the d-league in his third season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ex uses this same thought process with Primo’s G-League step back 3. Let’s see if he agrees with you
    The first time I saw that move, it was the in the NBA. Early season game when he would just let it fly.

Anyway, that thought process is flawed. If anyone in the gleague could automatically do the same things in the NBA, and anyone in college, too, there would be like a complete NBA roster turnover every few years. They can’t, though. Most bball experts agree that there are only two skills that frequently carry from one level of basketball to the next level up: deadeye shooting and rebounding. Everything else is dependent on the level of compe ion.

Thread Information