Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First off...calm down. It just seems dramatic that a team that is not that good would hold a players only meeting this early in the season. A Spurs win or loss doesn't affect my happiness one bit but I do like watching this current team more than the previous seasons.
    I'm perfectly calm. Don't mistake me calling you out as the ass you are as me being worked up. They don't think that they are not good. That's the point. And you shouldn't want them thinking that they suck. You should want them all thinking they're capable of living up to their potential and being really ing good. The fact that you don't understand why that is the case is exactly what makes you a ass mfer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this.

Yeah we suck but it shows that they care and don't like losing. We don't need players who just show up for a paycheck but players who are passionate about the game and about winning.
    Exactly. Why would anyone want a team full of players who think they suck? The ?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm perfectly calm. Don't mistake me calling you out as the ass you are as me being worked up. They don't think that they are not good. That's the point. And you shouldn't want them thinking that they suck. You should want them all thinking they're capable of living up to their potential and being really ing good. The fact that you don't understand why that is the case is exactly what makes you a ass mfer.
    They do seem to be living up to their potential though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team that Pop put together is playing up to their potential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how Pop's response is interpreted as an angry one. Osborn reported he was in a good mood. He seems to be in a good mood,
    No. When Osborn posted "the latter" he was reffering to the poster who asked "Is angry Pop back?".

When on the defensive Pop often goes to fake humor / face sincerity / fake *I'm in a good mood* responses to reporters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I beg to differ that you are calm being as though you are resorting to name calling and bullying tactics because I had a different opinion than yours. Your post is emotional and full of projection so I will reserve having a serious discussion with you until you A.) apologize and B.) grow up. Peace.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First off...calm down. It just seems dramatic that a team that is not that good would hold a players only meeting this early in the season. A Spurs win or loss doesn't affect my happiness one bit but I do like watching this current team more than the previous seasons.
    Agreed. I knew they'd win less games without DeRozan but it's nice seeing Vassell start to develop into a quality player now that DeRozan isn't eating into his minutes. It has given me some faith that RC still knows what he's doing in the draft with Devin looking like a good #11 pick should now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they asked Forbes why tf are you on the team?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Agree with Trill. Holding a players only meeting is cute but like, whats the point? this team is severely handicapped by a lack of blue chip talent. they play hard and bust their asses most of the time out there, thats all we can really ask. they simply just dont have the talent to be a playoff team so their performance is not unexpected or surprising in the least

but hey, I guess it's cool that they want to talk the out and get better. but still, only so much you can do by playing hard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they realized that they are just not talented enough to win games. It's really not about execution or anything like that, they just don't have enough talent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players conducted a vote of no confidence in Pop.
    I wish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This one time, in high school, the assistant coaches tried hosting a "player's only" meeting. It was basically just everyone except the head coach. What they wanted to talk about was that it was the head coach's birthday coming up and we should win the next game "for him". It was the dumbest meeting I have ever been in.
    Haha sounds like this one time at bandcamp….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players conducted a vote of no confidence in Pop.
    Pop Derangement Syndrome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they realized that they are just not talented enough to win games. It's really not about execution or anything like that, they just don't have enough talent
    This. They are playing hard and we are finally getting a good look at what we have while almost everyone gets an opportunity to show their stuff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this.

Yeah we suck but it shows that they care and don't like losing. We don't need players who just show up for a paycheck but players who are passionate about the game and about winning.
    I agree. All of you guys downplaying it by saying they suck and shouldn't be having this meeting are completely disrespecting them. They care and want to win. This is nothing but a good thing and I respect them more for it.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they asked Forbes why tf are you on the team?
    This thought did cross my mind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    6 straight losses players only meeting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, the players suck and just are not good enough but we all should be celebrating because they don't like losing and met without Pop to cry a river. These are grown men with paychecks to win and are paid to do a job, which is to satisfy the customer. If they cannot even be compe ive then they need to get the resume ready for whatever else they might actually be good at. For those of you who support losing, you are what you support.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team that Pop put together is playing up to their potential.
    My point in this whole thing is why are we trying to win instead of focusing on player development? It should be clear by now that this team is going nowhere. We have the 3rd worst record in the league. And that's WITH pop trying to win. Imagine if we played our young kids and new players (Lansdale) and tried to see what we had instead? Oh we might go from 3rd worse to worst...the horror.

And yes, I'll repeat, under these cir stances, there's absolutely ZERO point having Primo in DRIBBLING CAMP. And that's what it is when you play THREE GAMES when the parent club has played *17* GAMES.

So I'm happy to call it what it is and take the heat. Our highest draft pick in 23 years has no business playing in three G LEAGUE games while he could have been learning against his future NBA compe ion, as they are playing, and maybe drop all of two spots in the standings. Pop is just a rote old coach at this point.

We talkin' bout practice, not games, not games...we talking bout practice.

I sure hope he's getting a bunch of practice in dribbling camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players only meeting and they spent it playing Candy Crush on their phones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players only meeting and they spent it playing Candy Crush on their phones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point in this whole thing is why are we trying to win instead of focusing on player development? It should be clear by now that this team is going nowhere. We have the 3rd worst record in the league. And that's WITH pop trying to win. Imagine if we played our young kids and new players (Lansdale) and tried to see what we had instead? Oh we might go from 3rd worse to worst...the horror.

And yes, I'll repeat, under these cir stances, there's absolutely ZERO point having Primo in DRIBBLING CAMP. And that's what it is when you play THREE GAMES when the parent club has played *17* GAMES.

So I'm happy to call it what it is and take the heat. Our highest draft pick in 23 years has no business playing in three G LEAGUE games while he could have been learning against his future NBA compe ion, as they are playing, and maybe drop all of two spots in the standings. Pop is just a rote old coach at this point.

We talkin' bout practice, not games, not games...we talking bout practice.

I sure hope he's getting a bunch of practice in dribbling camp.

bbb but hes not ready

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, the players suck and just are not good enough but we all should be celebrating because they don't like losing and met without Pop to cry a river. These are grown men with paychecks to win and are paid to do a job, which is to satisfy the customer. If they cannot even be compe ive then they need to get the resume ready for whatever else they might actually be good at. For those of you who support losing, you are what you support.
    I support having whatever record you get while developing your future players, not hanging onto a thread of insanity that this team, as currently comprised, has a future.

Now in so far as the players having a meeting and demanding the best from one another, I'm all in on that. I just am not in their same mindset that they're losing because of not being on the same page. They're losing because the other teams are more talented and often better coached and better developed.

Thread Information