My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    where is he
    Last edited by playblair; 12-27-2021 at 10:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s only working some games this year. Been that way since the beginning of the season. He’ll work a few, then take a few off.

No one really talks about it, but he had a pretty bad head injury a few years back. He slipped and fell on the ice in, I think, Minneapolis. He missed some time, but he didn’t seem as sharp since. He’ll often credit the wrong player for an action.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said last week that he wouldn’t broadcast games until New Year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He always takes time off during the holidays ...

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    He’s only working some games this year. Been that way since the beginning of the season. He’ll work a few, then take a few off.

No one really talks about it, but he had a pretty bad head injury a few years back. He slipped and fell on the ice in, I think, Minneapolis. He missed some time, but he didn’t seem as sharp since. He’ll often credit the wrong player for an action.
    what the fook........i didnt watch the spurs during the lma/gay/mills/derozan era because it was boring did not know that happened to land...........

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

what the fook........i didnt watch the spurs during the lma/gay/mills/derozan era because it was boring did not know that happened to land...........

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I miss 2002/03. Best year the Spurs had in terms of announcer rotation, oh and yeah we won the championship that year and Tim Duncan was the goat. We had Bill Land & Sean Elliott (who also worked for ESPN part time that year) splitting games roughly 50/50 with Joel Meyers (who also worked part time with TNT that year) & either Quinn Buckner or Lance Blanks.

We had either Bill or Joel every game in 2002-03 except for a very sparse few TNT/ABC televised national games. There was 1 game blacked out early in the season for some reason that year, at Philadelphia, a loss. But still, 81 out of 82 games. Couldn't beat that rotation. That was well before the crappy days of Andrew Monaco and Sean Marks.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think bill land is covid, I think covid is a virus.

Thread Information