Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If his kid's there he ain't trespassing, so he ain't have to do . That being said he doesn't reach for the gun until after the warning shot which btw is super ing illegal in Texas. Shooter committed a crime against the guy when he did that.
    You come up with the dumbest ing scenarios where you'd rather the outcome be death because you encourage idiots to keep going after those with guns. How ing stupid can you be?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm saying if you want to go with he was trespassing I'll give you that and disagree, but when shooter fired the warning shot on the guy who was trespassing he committed a crime, he committed what could be a felony because you can't fire warning shots at trespassers. You said alot of wrong recently you should check your facts
    You make absolutely no sense but that's what someone who is afraid of guns and has no clue what to do in common sense scenarios would say.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the shooting was justified, so was the warning shot. I'm not saying it was a justified shoot. I have my doubts since we don't know all the facts surrounding the event.

Sec. 9.41. PROTECTION OF ONE'S OWN PROPERTY. (a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.

So if the warning shot was "deadly force", it could be justified. In fact, it could be argued that it was used to prevent the actual killing, which it did not. The shooter was not required to attempt retreat and has legal right to protect property, his own life and safety and the life and safety of those in the home and on the property. Shooting with his own family in the backdrop wasn't intelligent. There could be an issue with that.
    Maybe. It depends.
    Warning shots against trespassers are illegal, do not fire them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You come up with the dumbest ing scenarios where you'd rather the outcome be death because you encourage idiots to keep going after those with guns. How ing stupid can you be?
    Why didn't you get a gun when your boss slapped you up that one time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As an admitted user of MJ, he cannot purchase a firearm.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't consider anything being said to you. You just keep saying the same wrong . It's not a ing trespassing issue if it's a self defense issue. Perhaps it started off as a trespassing issue once told to leave and refusing to do so, but once the guy made contact with the home owner, the warning shot was no longer about trespassing and the shots to the head also weren't about trespassing. Telling someone with a gun you're going to take it and kill them once you're trespassing on their property is extremely stupid. around, lay around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because I'm no like you and many others here Trill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As an admitted user of MJ, he cannot purchase a firearm.
    ^ Ef is a perfect example of whom I was referring to Trill and you're no different than him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We prefer to fight you on like a man and beat you down with our hands and bodyslam you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People who spend a significant portion of their thanksgiving acting like a moron for attention and desperately trying to convince others you don't care/it's just trolling really shouldn't call anyone else a . Then again self awareness has never been a strongsuit of yours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People who spend a significant portion of their thanksgiving acting like a moron for attention and desperately trying to convince others you don't care/it's just trolling really shouldn't call anyone else a . Then again self awareness has never been a strongsuit of yours.
    Only an American would think everyone else celebrates what they celebrate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great, why haven't they arrested him then?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only an American would think everyone else celebrates what they celebrate.
    Good point. Tattoo parlors are probably open on Thanksgiving.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great, why haven't they arrested him then?
    Lubbock politics, maybe. The case is in front of a grand jury but the shooter's still being married to a district judge seems to really have complicated things. The locals tried to gag order everything about the case and the paper was raising a stink about it. It's been punted to the state with multiple recusals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point. Tattoo parlors are probably open on Thanksgiving.
    non sequitur. Being closed != celebration

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the only that that is bringing up celebration

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're the only that that is bringing up celebration
    It's what you responded to.

It's not my Thanksgiving if I don't celebrate it. Same with other holidays I don't celebrate, like Christmas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's what you responded to.

It's not my Thanksgiving if I don't celebrate it. Same with other holidays I don't celebrate, like Christmas.
    You're right, I responded to your non sequitur. I'll stop here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lubbock politics, maybe. The case is in front of a grand jury but the shooter's still being married to a district judge seems to really have complicated things. The locals tried to gag order everything about the case and the paper was raising a stink about it. It's been punted to the state with multiple recusals.
    As far as the "warning shot", there's no specific law laying out the words "warning shot".

As to what they end up charging him with, if anything at all, it could be anyone's guess at this point. Either way, imo, based solely on what's been provided so far here, I think he's innocent.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As far as the "warning shot", there's no specific law laying out the words "warning shot".
    The law specifically says the use of force is allowed.

A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.

The law does not allow the use of deadly force and apparently the case law has ruled warning shots are a use of deadly force since the shot could kill someone if it indeed hits that person.

As to what they end up charging him with, if anything at all, it could be anyone's guess at this point. Either way, imo, based solely on what's been provided so far here, I think he's innocent.
    Looks fairly open and shut on the warning shot issue, but Read's threats might justify the use of deadly force at that point. The rest starts to be a mess because if the warning shot is a crime, it could be argued Read was acting in self defense a la Arbery -- but that could be muddied by Read's threat to take the gun. The separation between the two after Read grabbed for the gun could also be a factor. I think there's enough to indict Carruth, but if he cries on the stand and says he was scared for his life he'll probably walk.

The whole thing seems like a weird set up to catch a Read meltdown on video that went horribly wrong.
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 11-27-2021 at 12:37 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The law specifically says the use of force is allowed.

A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.

The law does not allow the use of deadly force and apparently the case law has ruled warning shots are a use of deadly force since the shot could kill someone if it indeed hits that person.

Looks fairly open and shut on the warning shot issue, but Read's threats might justify the use of deadly force at that point. The rest starts to be a mess because if the warning shot is a crime, it could be argued Read was acting in self defense a la Arbery -- but that could be muddied by Read's threat to take the gun. The separation between the two after Read grabbed for the gun could also be a factor. I think there's enough to indict Carruth, but if he cries on the stand and says he was scared for his life he'll probably walk.

The whole thing seems like a weird set up to catch a Read meltdown on video that went horribly wrong.
    Here's an interesting case

https://www.chron.com/life/health/ar...es-9410758.php

Homeowner wasn't arrested for firing "warning shots" into ground but rather for simply discharging the weapon in city limits.

I think that yeah, Carruth will cry on the stand and say was scared for his life, imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The weak crew came out yesterday to harp on me and now they're jumping down DMC's throat. Lmao

FuzzyPussy likes to try and talk down to me while trying to "teach" me a lesson of which I don't care to learn nor did I ask for his opinion on. He is a pompous worthless little and the way he comes across proves just that. Take your "lessons" and shove them up your ass Fuzzy.

The only ones who attack me are those who have constantly lied about me or lied about meeting up with me. It's all the same worthless weak characters over and over again trying to pretend they're hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was closed on TG. With that said, I also didn't post while at TG but you wouldn't know that by those who harp on others for being here while the harpers are here 24/7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The weak crew came out yesterday to harp on me and now they're jumping down DMC's throat. Lmao

FuzzyPussy likes to try and talk down to me while trying to "teach" me a lesson of which I don't care to learn nor did I ask for his opinion on. He is a pompous worthless little and the way he comes across proves just that. Take your "lessons" and shove them up your ass Fuzzy.

The only ones who attack me are those who have constantly lied about me or lied about meeting up with me. It's all the same worthless weak characters over and over again trying to pretend they're hard.
    Stop making threads about you and you'll feel better.

Thread Information