Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am liking DJ for some of his faults he is just a warrior he has that get after dog mentality he is a keeper for sure.

I am liking Vassell I think he will continue to get better at the little things but I love his defense and his 3 ball - Just don’t make him a Danny Green clone design plays for him let him take over every once in awhile - He also has that dog in him

I like Keldon in that he competes all the time but he needs to seriously work on his 3 game

For all the crap I have said about Poodle he has improved and they are a more compe ive team with him like I have always said he is a cheap very good second Center for our team

Tre always liked him he is like a mini Keldon always happy and full of energy I just wish he was two inches taller but love that he is a pure PG.

White has broke my heart if he is not injured then I would be open to move him for the right player

Everyone else blah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I did not think we could pull this off with Bryn playing so many minutes ... that was horrible. So much better when Tre Jones is playing. Kudos for Dejounte by closing that thing out all by himself.

I called 3-7 for the second 10-game stretch ... but somehow I doubt we will win against Wizards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am liking DJ for some of his faults he is just a warrior he has that get after dog mentality he is a keeper for sure.

I am liking Vassell I think he will continue to get better at the little things but I love his defense and his 3 ball - Just don’t make him a Danny Green clone design plays for him let him take over every once in awhile - He also has that dog in him

I like Keldon in that he competes all the time but he needs to seriously work on his 3 game

For all the crap I have said about Poodle he has improved and they are a more compe ive team with him like I have always said he is a cheap very good second Center for our team

Tre always liked him he is like a mini Keldon always happy and full of energy I just wish he was two inches taller but love that he is a pure PG.

White has broke my heart if he is not injured then I would be open to move him for the right player

Everyone else blah.
    This

Spurs fan from Hong Kong team-work's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not stringent on Forbes, as he can't choose starter or bench, how many minutes. But it seemed inevitable playing him for so many minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a dumbass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP is a dumbass.
    If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid...

I propose we le the next game thread "Game Thread: Spurs vs. Celtics - Nov 29, 2021 - 7:30pm CT"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ willing the Spurs to victory. He also had a very underrated rebound at the end of the game that was huge, he does it all and is still getting better. He came out of Washington more raw than KA, Derrick, Keldon and even Primo imo and he's worked his ass off. Besides his rookie year and the year he blew his knee out this is his 4th full season and he's improved leaps and bounds. It's sad if he was in a big market everyone would be talking about him.
    the usual Spurstalk idiots spent four years talking about the kid, even watching the kid play 70 times a year failed to see the obvious talent, and do you think mainstream media that obviously doesn't follow the team should talk about him? cute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game last night has L written all-over if DJ’s last minute heroic shots did not fall and pretty much carried the team with 29 pts, which doesn’t happen every night. They again led big in the opening just to squander in the 3rd and 4th periods. Poeltl needs to score consistently in double digits especially with Doug and Vassell out. It helped that the Celtics played horribly. I appreciate the W which was fun, but that was a rare escape. And why the heck is Pop not playing Landale?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even on a low end G-leauge team Forbes would be buried on the bench yet only thanks to Pop he is here playing 20+ minutes.

That was 20 minutes of nothing...well other then being Tatum's stepping stone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a gif of Forbes getting so lost lol, his man shot a three with his back turned looking the other way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And why the heck is Pop not playing Landale?
    Too young and not washed up enough, besides it wouldn't be fair to the team if I jeopardize our playoff spot by giving our younger players consistent minutes. Oh wait...

Ok all kidding aside although sadly I just might not be ...it really is mind boggling, if Pop really doesn't want to be bothered by having to spend some or his attention on teaching and allowing the younger players to learn then maybe he needs to step aside for someone that will. I don't know if that's the case of course but its how my own mind is rationalizing what he's doing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh dear lord, there really are no words...can a player honestly be this useless?
    Yet Pop didn't pull him...had Primo done this He would have sent him back to College
    Get in here and defend this Sniffers!
    Thanks for gifing this
    Last edited by Chomag; 11-27-2021 at 01:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that’s the good stuff! Thanks LakerHater! Now all of Spurstalk can behold the defensive genius that is Forbes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gets lost twice in that play once on the shot then again on the rebound when 25(?) goes to the hoop he is looking towards center court. Ball is in the paint so I have no idea what he is looking at.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh dear lord, there really are no words...can a player honestly be this useless?
    Yet Pop didn't pull him...had Primo done this He would have sent him back to College
    Get in here and defend this Sniffers!
    Thanks for gifing this
    You know how if you just pulled any random human out of the stands and put them on an nba floor...how bad they would look? I feel like Bryn looks like that all the time

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The game last night has L written all-over if DJ’s last minute heroic shots did not fall and pretty much carried the team with 29 pts, which doesn’t happen every night. They again led big in the opening just to squander in the 3rd and 4th periods. Poeltl needs to score consistently in double digits especially with Doug and Vassell out. It helped that the Celtics played horribly. I appreciate the W which was fun, but that was a rare escape. And why the heck is Pop not playing Landale?
    Last min heroics? Sure DJs scoring was needed. Trey and Dwhite initiating the offense in the last 3mins set up the win IMO. It was a suttle change but made the offense less predictable to close and DJ was a beneficiary .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid Hawks can't even beat the Spurs on a night when they weren't playing them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last min heroics? Sure DJs scoring was needed. Trey and Dwhite initiating the offense in the last 3mins set up the win IMO. It was a suttle change but made the offense less predictable to close and DJ was a beneficiary .
    I fact checked this because I’m tired of liars who post to further their agenda and using my league pass, I re-watched the last three minutes. In those three minutes, the following happened:

White dribble hand off on the perimeter to Dejounte (no remarkable “initiating” of the offense here)
    Tre fast break to Keldon that didn’t lead to a point
    Clutch White midrange shot
    Dejounte with the ball, goes to score by himself
    Dejounte with the ball again, goes to score by himself

In other words, you’re a ing liar.

I am tired of bull like this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to fact-check the fact-check: Looking at the highlights, there are certainly times that Murray scored after having White or Jones initiate the offense. I don't necessarily think those are examples of Murray not deserving credit for heroics though. Murray didn't get open threes or dunks off cuts. He still had to make moves. But it also seems true that those possessions did have Jones or White bring the ball up and call the initial screens. That's not nothing, as it meant Murray was attacking a moving defense rather than a set one. But any good team will try to get their stars some type of advantage, so I don't think Murray had a uniquely low burden. Given Jones' shaky shooting and White's passivity, it's probably a good idea to have those guys start possessions with the ball to avoid putting them in bad positions. Murray getting a better defensive scape is good for him too, so it works out. No one should want Murray or any Spur to end games by repeatedly taking the ball from inbound to iso shot. That was the gripe about DeRozan I think most fans could understand. I'm happy Murray's not that way. It shouldn't be a reason to slam him or take credit away from him.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I fact checked this because I’m tired of liars who post to further their agenda and using my league pass, I re-watched the last three minutes. In those three minutes, the following happened:

White dribble hand off on the perimeter to Dejounte (no remarkable “initiating” of the offense here)
    Tre fast break to Keldon that didn’t lead to a point
    Clutch White midrange shot
    Dejounte with the ball, goes to score by himself
    Dejounte with the ball again, goes to score by himself

In other words, you’re a ing liar.

I am tired of bull like this.
    Hahah truth hurtss and gotta say what a reaction for talking about a subtle change

No 1 taking credit away DJ for scoring. Read my post again

Chinook gets it , you dont .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hahah truth hurtss and gotta say what a reaction for talking about a subtle change

No 1 taking credit away DJ for scoring. Read my post again

Chinook gets it , you dont .
    No, you don’t get it. Chinook made a general comment about the whole game, not the last three minutes. Your memory is clouded by your bias that you’re too lazy to recall things accurately or honestly. The fact is, during those last three minutes, there was a total of one play where Tre or White initiated the offense, and not the way you claimed it happened. bag.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 11-28-2021 at 08:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s also nothing new or a “subtle change”, DJ has been sharing ball handling duties like that for years now with Lonnie, White, and DeMar.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray's aggression and willingness to take the lead has been the most impressive part of his improvement. This is White's biggest problem aside from his abysmal shooting this season and why the Spurs should look to move him to a contender (like Denver) for some front court help or draft capital. This would allow Vassell to be forced into a primary role sooner. The Spurs' front court is still their biggest problem imo. Poetl has marginally improved but seems a bit overrated on here. He's an average nba starter. Eubanks is not a NBA player and it's painful to watch him struggle out there.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, you don’t get it. Chinook made a general comment about the whole game, not the last three minutes. Your memory is clouded by your bias that you’re too lazy to recall things accurately or honestly. The fact is, during those last three minutes, there was a total of one play where Tre or White initiated the offense, and not the way you claimed it happened. bag.
    No you stil dont get it. A scrambling defense to a set defense . Thats the point.You didnt remember those 1 plays, rhey help set up. or Dwhites big shot

Its ok . You couldnt handle the fact that players you dont love helped with a win. A subtle change in the last 3min that we need to see more off.

Thread Information