Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks shouldn't be on the team. He tries hard out there, but he's clearly not an NBA player.
    Yeah, I actually thought he had a bit of potential at one stage but he has definitely regressed as his minutes have raised and he spends more time going against quality opposition.

Jock Landale is almost certainly a better player than him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have absolutely no doubts that his feet injuries took a toll on him. He used to be a different player. If he ever gets up to his old self again is up to see, but it's looking like he finessed the Spurs with that contract.
    Wow... U have a VERY different recollection of White... He has ALWAYS been extremely inconsistent... Y'all act like he was mcgrady... He is 27 and had like 1 season where he scored double figures... Y'all are saying he was this great player based on a good stretch of games where he has yet to show he isn't more than a decent bench player... He is too inconsistent to be a starter for a winning team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw the replay. What is Eubanks good at?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw the replay. What is Eubanks good at?
    Trying his best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players with rotation minutes who can be replaced with better talent: Forbes, Eubanks, KBD, Lonnie. On some nights, White and Keldon can be included in this list but they can still be useful off the bench. Replace at least two of those four guys and the team’s floor goes up by a lot. Draft a franchise player to soak up those minutes and we have a decent core.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really for the first time I completely gave up on White after the first half and of course he went off in the second half ... two wins without Vassell, obviously we don't need that loser

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Eubanks playing over Young is not enough of an indicator that Pop is tanking then i don't know what is.
    that is such an obvious call to play Young ahead of Eubanks since the beginning of the season its beyond a no brainer. So to give Pop the benefit of the doubt, he must be tanking.

But the truth is likely that Eubanks has "corporate knowledge" as to why he plays him ahead of Young

annoying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks definitely has a place on the team, but as a 3rd string back up who can come in and knock himself around if things go stagnant. By no means should he be an exclusive part of the rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks isn't a bad player. This isn't the case where one guy is horrible and the other is adequate. Young is arguably the best backup center in the league. He should definitely be getting playing time every game. I don't think he should be getting more than 20 minutes or so, because I don't think he has the energy to play the way he needs to for much more than that. But Drew is clearly the third-best center on the team at best, and Pop should bench him or even trade him if Drew can't take it. The team has a chance to stack some wins up if they are committed to it, but playing a 12-man rotation won't get it done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if Eubanks playing over Young is not enough of an indicator that Pop is tanking then i don't know what is.
    that is such an obvious call to play Young ahead of Eubanks since the beginning of the season its beyond a no brainer. So to give Pop the benefit of the doubt, he must be tanking.

But the truth is likely that Eubanks has "corporate knowledge" as to why he plays him ahead of Young

annoying
    I was going to say stop with the mental gymnastics, but you reached the obvious conclusion in the end...

Poop isn't tanking. Eubanks has been a Spur longer and it wouldn't be "fair" if Young jumped him in the rotation. Also Poop LOVES tall, White try-hards. That's really all it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop is playing Eubanks over Young because he doesn't expect young to be part of the team very long. Thats the only way it makes sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ You would think, but who knows. Let's see if another deadline passes without a move...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this team really ends up competing for that last playoff spot and Young is still here by then, we will have no doubt that Pop has lost it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, we win the next game, we will have what they call a winning streak ladies and gentlemen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Um pretty sure they classify 2 as a streak

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are a much better team with a healthy Jakob. We would be hovering near .500 right now if he didn't miss so many games.
    Their point differential (-1.8 net rating) shows they are better their record indicates. Surprisingly, they weren’t that much worse without Jakob - probably did cost them the OKC and DAL games though.

Part of me hopes they don’t regress too much to the mean and hurt draft position. The team could seriously use a top 6-7 pick in the next draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks isn't a bad player. This isn't the case where one guy is horrible and the other is adequate. Young is arguably the best backup center in the league. He should definitely be getting playing time every game. I don't think he should be getting more than 20 minutes or so, because I don't think he has the energy to play the way he needs to for much more than that. But Drew is clearly the third-best center on the team at best, and Pop should bench him or even trade him if Drew can't take it. The team has a chance to stack some wins up if they are committed to it, but playing a 12-man rotation won't get it done.
    You didn't cringe when he tried yo post up bertans, travelled and still missed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a good win, but people saying White had a good game need to pump the breaks. The guy had 1 good quarter. He was terrible in the other 3. I don’t know why he’s that inconsistent, but I hope he can put a string of games together where he scores 20.

Primo looked better than Lonnie out there and that says a lot. I’m glad he got some minutes, hopefully that continues but knowing Pop he will get benched and play in the G-League. Playing Eubanks instead of Young and Landale is like starting Bryn Forbes for 150 games straight. Classic Pop making no sense whatsoever.

with that being said this team is quite elite in some categories:
    They top 5 in the league in

AST to TO ratio
    Points in the paint

and some other stats as well. Their main problem remains

3pt shooting
    3pt attempts
    FT%
    FT attempts

they definitely have potential, but it’s hard to win games in the modern NBA with those flaws

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a good win, but people saying White had a good game need to pump the breaks. The guy had 1 good quarter. He was terrible in the other 3. I don’t know why he’s that inconsistent, but I hope he can put a string of games together where he scores 20.

Primo looked better than Lonnie out there and that says a lot. I’m glad he got some minutes, hopefully that continues but knowing Pop he will get benched and play in the G-League. Playing Eubanks instead of Young and Landale is like starting Bryn Forbes for 150 games straight. Classic Pop making no sense whatsoever.

AST to TO ratio
    Points in the paint

3pt shooting
    3pt attempts
    FT%
    FT attempts

they definitely have potential, but it’s hard to win games in the modern NBA with those flaws
    Exactly on White, he had 18 points in the 3rd quarter and was going off and DJ still managed to have a better game. And for the 3pt attempts and 3p% Primo can help out in both of those categories.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

AST to TO ratio
    Points in the paint

3pt shooting
    3pt attempts
    FT%
    FT attempts

This is EXACTLY my problem with White, and Lonnie to a lesser extent.

Dude will have one good game (or even a couple good quarters) and everyone is like HE'S BACK!

Then he disappears for three games again.

24/5/5 is great, but he can't follow that up with a 10/2/2 performance if he wants to consider himself more than a role player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^both players have an issue with confidence. That’s why their game is up and down.

with Lonnie, he’s a bad spot up shooter. I think he’d prefer to shoot 3’s off the dribble. Meaning he needs the ball more in his hands, but he’s not really the type of guard that sets up players. He does have good vision to make passes out of nothing. But more than that? Not really. Not yet anyway. So you have a choice of giving keys to the offense to a player who doesn’t really know how to lead. It’s telling that the Spurs made Keldon more of a co captain than Lonnie even though Lonnie was here longer. It even sounds like Vassell is leap frogging him as far as leadership goes. It’s pretty disappointing that there was no word about Lonnie speaking up during the players’ meeting. Seems like Lonnie is content with being a follower and not a leader.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 12-01-2021 at 08:41 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This schedule is weird. Have we even played a single back to back yet?

Meanwhile, this is like our second straight stretch of multiple days off between games.

I have a feeling this is going to stack the deck against us later in the season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was going to say stop with the mental gymnastics, but you reached the obvious conclusion in the end...

Poop isn't tanking. Eubanks has been a Spur longer and it wouldn't be "fair" if Young jumped him in the rotation. Also Poop LOVES tall, White try-hards. That's really all it is.
    Pop is unintentionally tanking with his terrible coaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^both players have an issue with confidence. That’s why their game is up and down.

with Lonnie, he’s a bad spot up shooter. I think he’d prefer to shoot 3’s off the dribble. Meaning he needs the ball more in his hands, but he’s not really the type of guard that sets up players. He does have good vision to make passes out of nothing. But more than that? Not really. Not yet anyway. So you have a choice of giving keys to the offense to a player who doesn’t really know how to lead. It’s telling that the Spurs made Keldon more of a co captain than Lonnie even though Lonnie was here longer. It even sounds like Vassell is leap frogging him as far as leadership goes. It’s pretty disappointing that there was no word about Lonnie speaking up during the players’ meeting. Seems like Lonnie is content with being a follower and not a leader.
    Lonnie can shoot of the dribble but he almost never does. How many times did he have the ball at the top of the key, backs up, tries a dribble move and then passes the ball to somebody else with under 10 seconds on the shot clock? His BBIQ is super low. It’s all mental with him.

Thread Information