Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Copa del Rey + Mickey Mouse Bubble Ring + 1 goal in a farmers league = Ballon D'or

Harden forever carried by the media. Doesn't matter when you read this.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Messi has more assists than Lewandowski, but definitely the Copa América, where Messi was champion with Argentina, best player and made most goals was what made the difference. Otherwise Messi only won a Copa de Rey, vs the League, German Supercup and European Supercup that Lewandowski won in 2020/2021.

I guess the performance in PSG will be subject for next year Ballon d’Or votations.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Been 5 years since this kid was better than Lewandowski. Oh well just gonna make him cry again on the UCL field per usual.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I forgot Lewandowski also won the 2020 FIFA World Club Champion with Bayern. I guess those are minor les to the Champions League, European, Copa America or the World Cup.

The feeling is Lewandowski got robbed, but it was perhaps more deserving than when Modric got the Ballon d’Or.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    I forgot Lewandowski also won the 2020 FIFA World Club Champion with Bayern. I guess those are minor les to the Champions League, European, Copa America or the World Cup.

The feeling is Lewandowski got robbed, but it was perhaps more deserving than when Modric got the Ballon d’Or.

Lewa deserves it for 2020 no argument, and I’d have no problem if he’d win it this year as well. But Messi winning the Copa really sealed it and Lewa not winning cl or getting Poland out of the group stage.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    well deserved

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    French media propping up French football

Rare time American media got it right by not even covering.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Imagine thinking Lewandoski has been a better player than Messi at any time in history, let alone the past 5 years.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Imagine thinking Lewandoski has been a better player than Messi at any time in history, let alone the past 5 years.
    So Lionel Harden with 1 goal in 7 farmer league games, dragging his corpse up and down the pitch, barely scoring and doing even less pressing, is better than Lewandovski right now?

Another look into the deranged and delusional mind of a midgetfan

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    He has been better than Messi over rhe last 2 years, every person with a functioning brain knows it

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    the irony of Lakerfan, out of all fans, whining about media darlings... that's when you know the butthurt is real.

Between Kobe (a glorified Pippen) and Lebron, that team has been hyped and carried by the media like no other. But now bad media, hardim, etc

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Lewandoski has been underrated, but we're talking about completely different players and what they bring to the game.

Lewa is a Batistuta type of player (somebody that never won this either, btw). He's all aces as a goalscorer, but can't create for anybody else.

I wouldn't have a problem if Missi didn't win it this year, he's clearly slowing down and towards the end of his career. But for somebody that's been dinged so bad for not winning with his national team, the fact that he won the 2nd most difficult tournament in the world in after the world cup (Copa America) does give him some merit, tbh...

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    the irony of Lakerfan, out of all fans, whining about media darlings... that's when you know the butthurt is real.

Between Kobe (a glorified Pippen) and Lebron, that team has been hyped and carried by the media like no other. But now bad media, hardim, etc
    The irony of spurfans propping up mickey mouse bubble rings played in empty stadiums like that's some sort of accomplishment, when they were the ones whining about the Lakers ringing in the bubble.

That's when you know the butthurt is real

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    ^ ElNono you are illustrating the problem with this award. Which we all likely agree. Messi has won it X amount of times and now he's crossed off an accomplishment, which based on legacy makes him the winner by default. Let's be honest what did Lewandowski need to do to win? Lead Poland to the Final? Is it really necessary for Messi to win for the 8th, 10th, 15th time? There are other great players on this planet whom are also setting records. For a global game, it truly shocks me how elitist buddy buddy this sport often is.

For the record I didn't say Lewandowski was better 3-5 years ago. IMO the players were on the same level. The last 2 seasons has been different.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    The irony of spurfans propping up mickey mouse bubble rings played in empty stadiums like that's some sort of accomplishment, when they were the ones whining about the Lakers ringing in the bubble.

That's when you know the butthurt is real
    we've never been media darlings, tbh, we can complain about media sucking up to whoever all we want. Lakerfan? Not really.

Do let it all out if it helps you sleep at night though, tbh...

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    ^ ElNono you are illustrating the problem with this award. Which we all likely agree. Messi has won it X amount of times and now he's crossed off an accomplishment, which based on legacy makes him the winner by default. Let's be honest what did Lewandowski need to do to win? Lead Poland to the Final? Is it really necessary for Messi to win for the 8th, 10th, 15th time? There are other great players on this planet whom are also setting records. For a global game, it truly shocks me how elitist buddy buddy this sport often is.

For the record I didn't say Lewandowski was better 3-5 years ago. IMO the players were on the same level. The last 2 seasons has been different.
    Lewa got a lot of individual hardware from IFFHS and even UEFA, tbh, and well deserved too. Let's be honest here, this award has some debatable methods for picking winners.

They've been handing it out since 1956, and only 5 Brazilians won it? The first one in 1997? Michael Owen (lol) has one of these?

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    He has been better than Messi over rhe last 2 years, every person with a functioning brain knows it
    Why? Because he plays as a 9 for the best team in the World? If Halland was in his place I guess he would have been the best player in the world too.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

Not choke so early in the CL playing for thr best team in the World bar none. Had Lewa won the CL in 2021, the award would have been his.

Don't worry though, GOD has already lobbied for your countryman to get the 2020 BdO. He will end up getting it.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Finishing in 3rd place in la liga with 0 goals in 4 games against Real and Atletico

Knocked out in the round of 16 of the champions league after missing a penalty

Scoring 0 goals in the semi-final and final of the Copa America

All this choking and still managed to win another ballon d'or. That's when you know the media has a hard on for midget

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Finishing in 3rd place in la liga with 0 goals in 4 games against Real and Atletico

Knocked out in the round of 16 of the champions league after missing a penalty

Scoring 0 goals in the semi-final and final of the Copa America

All this choking and still managed to win another ballon d'or. That's when you know the media has a hard on for midget
    Lewa got crushed in a very weak group at the euros, plays in an even bigger farmer league than the French, and Bayern failed to get past the quarters.

Oh and:

Oh and let’s not forget they extended the voting just for Ronaldo back in 2013, that was the biggest media hard on ever.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

Lewa needs to win a meaningful trophy. Hence why he should’ve gotten one in 2020. This year Poland came dead last in the group stage and Bayern didn’t even get past the quarters. This is the problem with being in a farmers league and same issue Messi will have moving forward. It will be CL/WC or bust now as league les in one horse leagues won’t matter

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    What sort of respectable award is leaked 3 days before?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    What sort of respectable award is leaked 3 days before?
    Pity awards tbh

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    The irony of midgetfans saying Lewandovski needs to win a meaningful trophy to win the ballon d'or

Lionel Harden won the ballon d'or over Iniesta the season he won the world cup and scored the game winner in the WC final, also Sneijder who won the treble with Inter and made the world cup final.

Midgetfans tripping over their own narratives and talking points trying to justify another fraudulent ballon d'or.

Just face it, media flip flops the criteria whenever they see fit, so they can give it to HardenPERIOD

Thread Information