Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While funny, that's actually a really ty pronunciation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What do you think the dots stand for, dum dum? a "q"?

Don't you get tired of getting dunked on? seriously?

The umlaut's origins stem from the rarity and preciousness of paper in the middle ages. Monks would write an "e" over the other vowel in diphthongs to save on paper, and this got shortened to two dashes and eventually simply two dots.

If your keyboard set doesn't have the umlaut in the characterset, the standard convention is to simply add the e back into the word.

smh
    Also, lolspurs

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While funny, that's actually a really ty pronunciation.
    Probably. Didn't actually watch. Just did it for the spelling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your butthurt makes me happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably. Didn't actually watch. Just did it for the spelling.
    It was from a channel that was intended to help non-english speakers with english.

When I was learning how to pronounce that stuff in German, waaaaay back in high school, we were taught to try and mash an "e" sound into the other vowel.

In German, the umlaut is ignored for alphabetization purposes, except when it comes to lists of names. Then, ü, ö, and ä are treated like ue, oe, and ae, respectively, so that variations on the same name (Müller, Mueller) will be grouped together.
    Anyone with even a marginal knowledge of German understands it.

Dunning-krugerMC... not so much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I drove to her far western podunk state to try to get back with her. Twice. Twice this year alone, once in spring and once in late summer. That . Even though she had a baby that wasn't mine and made me pay for over a thousand bucks worth of Similac and other misc crap for her, including panties that another man will inevitably be taking off of her at some point. .
    Genuinely do feel a bit for you. Sorry to hear.

But... life is long. It didn't work out, and it happens.

Only advice I can give is move on, and be the kind of person that women would want to be with. Not all women are like that.

Be kind, be fair, be honest. Communicate and compromise. Always admit your own fault in any confrontation, before blaming the other person, it helps immensely in making you think about the other persons viewpoint and working things through.

Well-meant and freely given.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your butthurt makes me happy.
    Uh...what did Avante say to the kindergartner?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So those deaths don't matter. Deaths are deaths. The US isn't the only nation where mass shootings occur. Deaths per capita is a legit measure of mass shooting deaths. It's used for everything else, why not this? Oh because it goes against your narrative, got it.
    There is some reasoned criticism of your ed, lazy statistics, and your rejoinder, that it "is a legit measure" is just repeating an unsupported assertion.

You follow it up with claiming that I don't accept it because "it goes against your narrative". I agree with the snopes critiques, because they are better reasoned.

Soooo you have here:

1) simply repeated original assertion
    2) an ad hominem "you reject my statistics because because it goes against your beliefs"
    3) a strawman logical fallacy distorting my reasons which are, in fact, that the selection of the data was problematic from a statistical standpoint, to "you only believe it because you want to"

The US is the only country to consistently, year after year, have mass casualty events with assailants using guns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh...what did Avante say to the kindergartner?
    um... took me a second.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The US is the only country to consistently, year after year, have mass casualty events with assailants using guns.
    And almost all of them happen in urban settings. The minority of mass killings reported don't even reflect the reality of it all. Inner city mass murders happen every day and no one cares until Whitey makes a move.

We NEVER discuss the issues of the inner city, the most ignored communities with the highest death rates, because there's no money or faux-moralist care there.

This thread is filled with people who really don't care for anything other than trying to one-up the remaining Conservative talking heads on this board. Please stop pretending it's anything more to you than that.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IOW muh Chicago

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And almost all of them happen in urban settings. The minority of mass killings reported don't even reflect the reality of it all. Inner city mass murders happen every day and no one cares until Whitey makes a move.

We NEVER discuss the issues of the inner city, the most ignored communities with the highest death rates, because there's no money or faux-moralist care there.

This thread is filled with people who really don't care for anything other than trying to one-up the remaining Conservative talking heads on this board. Please stop pretending it's anything more to you than that.
    (nods) At this point, the gun lobby's effective propaganda has made any meaningful gun control impossible.

The cult of gun owners will not allow it.

What should we be doing? I wish I knew.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

I'm not sure why it's so hard to understand why people might be more concerned with children shooting schools up at random vs. gangs shooting each other, but feel free to introduce discussion on what you think should be done to reduce urban crime.

Fact is you can remove all of that from the equation and the US still far outpaces the rest of the world when it comes to school shootings, even in non-urban areas.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Also, minor but important correction:

And almost all of them happen in urban settings. The minority of mass killings reported don't even reflect the reality of it all. Inner city mass murders happen every day and no one cares until Whitey gets shot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure why it's so hard to understand why people might be more concerned with children shooting schools up at random vs. gangs shooting each other, but feel free to introduce discussion on what you think should be done to reduce urban crime.

Fact is you can remove all of that from the equation and the US still far outpaces the rest of the world when it comes to school shootings, even in non-urban areas.
    Proportionate correlation. Not a 1st world country who has our amount of "freedom" within sniffing distance so far as population. We're spoiled, something no one wants to admit, that is the root of our issues.

The gun problem- give 375 million 1st worlders who think the world is ablaze access to guns, this is what you get.

People want to act like there is a direct answer, but there isn't. You can't convince the majority of 375 million over privileged 1st worlders, hence you see the absolute lack of concern for the areas most affected, hence the problem never ending.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, minor but important correction:
    LOL, keep trying.

You flat out don't care until Whitey (you) is headlined.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (nods) At this point, the gun lobby's effective propaganda has made any meaningful gun control impossible.

The cult of gun owners will not allow it.

What should we be doing? I wish I knew.
    So, you're saying the "Cult of Gun Owners" is the majority. Got statistics to support that? (Honestly interested and since dead basketball forum rep doesn't matter to me, I have no problem admitting if I'm wrong), so go ahead and do what you do when it's an argument that favors your stance.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Proportionate correlation. Not a 1st world country who has our amount of "freedom" within sniffing distance so far as population. We're spoiled, something no one wants to admit, that is the root of our issues.

The gun problem- give 375 million 1st worlders who think the world is ablaze access to guns, this is what you get.

People want to act like there is a direct answer, but there isn't. You can't convince the majority of 375 million over privileged 1st worlders, hence you see the absolute lack of concern for the areas most affected, hence the problem never ending.
    There are plenty of answers, you just don't want to try because you want to talk about black/gang violence.

So where do you want to start? Better jobs and voting for non-violent felons? Free family planning access? Pushback on efforts to prevent low income housing in decent parts of the city? Reparations?

Nah, I'm guessing it's more police.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Stop it.

Stop trying to compare gang violence in impoverished areas of major cities to school shootings in the suburbs...stop it. WE do discuss the issues of the inner city, YOU and the other "BuT ChIcaGo" people don't. Ya'll dont care about what those communities and the people in them are dealing with every day. Ya'll just use the inner city as a deflection whenever some white kid goes postal and shoots up other white kids.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    LOL, keep trying.

You flat out don't care until Whitey (you) is headlined.
    I don't care if you believe me or not because persecution mentalities like yours are tough to break, but I would care just as much about this shooting if it was a black kid with his father's handgun who killed four classmates.

I bet you'd have a different take on it though. Guessing your contribution wouldn't be "Why are we talking about this shooting when we should be talking about urban shootings?"

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Stop it.

Stop trying to compare gang violence in impoverished areas of major cities to school shootings in the suburbs...stop it. WE do discuss the issues of the inner city, YOU and the other "BuT ChIcaGo" people don't. Ya'll dont care about what those communities and the people in them are dealing with every day. Ya'll just use the inner city as a deflection whenever some white kid goes postal and shoots up other white kids.
    They pretend to care about inner cities but anytime solutions are proposed, it's "bUt wE cAn'T do THAT!" Either the cost is too high, there's too much "free " or they might have to see more black people in their communities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They pretend to care about inner cities but anytime solutions are proposed, it's "bUt wE cAn'T do THAT!" Either the cost is too high, there's too much "free " or they might have to see more black people in their communities.
    Or blame it on the liberal white like Chucho has done in the past.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no way to prevent this ...

... because (gun) violence is a defining characteristic of American society, domestic and abroad, along with racism, misogyny, xenophobia, all kinds of HATE

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop it.

No you or your "we" don't. Stop lying. Want a line of honest dialogue to start, you can start with being morally and intellectually honest. You know what you are and no need to go further down your shallow rabbit hole. Take care, god bless and best of luck to you, you certainly need it if your so blatant and audacious with your moral bankruptcy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do any of your accounts ever want to address the subject matter or are you always going to do this? You're trying to pretend you're of higher moral fabric and never provide even a shoddy crochete'd of child level to rest your silliness on. Keep insulting me, you're following the pied piper, rat.

Thread Information