Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now solve the problem of your party lynching women who have miscarriages.
    off, chicken little. The sky isn't falling.
    Chicken . Your party wants it, and would enact it enthusiastically.

The Christian taliban that control it scream for it, very loudly.

Why can't you summon the moral courage to address it or any of the related issues?

smh

From march of this year:
    Another Texas GOP lawmaker is attempting to make abortion punishable by the death penalty
    https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03...death-penalty/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will set aside my frustration with your brainwashing here, and rebut that.

No, that is not what the Democratic party supports.

Further, I will call you out on the bull you have swallowed:

Prove that to a reasonable degree. Your assertion, your burden of proof.

I'll wait.
    I'm suspect you are familiar with the debate about the Virginia law on partial birth infanticide. The exact words:

The term "partial birth infanticide" shall not under any cir stances be construed to include any of the following procedures: (i) the suction curettage abortion procedure, (ii) the suction aspiration abortion procedure, (iii) the dilation and evacuation abortion procedure involving dismemberment of the fetus prior to removal from the body of the mother, or (iv) completing delivery of a living human infant and severing the umbilical cord of any infant who has been completely delivered. For the purposes of this section, "human infant who has been born alive" means a product of human conception that has been completely or substantially expelled or extracted from its mother, regardless of the duration of pregnancy, which after such expulsion or extraction breathes or shows any other evidence of life such as beating of the heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary muscles, whether or not the umbilical cord has been cut or the placenta is attached.

D. For purposes of this section, "substantially expelled or extracted from its mother" means, in the case of a headfirst presentation, the infant's entire head is outside the body of the mother, or, in the case of breech presentation, any part of the infant's trunk past the navel is outside the body of the mother.
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 12-03-2021 at 08:22 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicken . Your party wants it, and would enact it enthusiastically.

The Christian taliban that control it scream for it, very loudly.

Why can't you summon the moral courage to address it or any of the related issues?

smh

From march of this year:
    Another Texas GOP lawmaker is attempting to make abortion punishable by the death penalty
    https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03...death-penalty/
    Great. You found an article about some Christian Taliban whacko advocating something that will never happen. Good for you. If you want to debate abortion find someone else to argue with that is extreme pro-life. I'm not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm suspect you are familiar with the debate about the Virginia law on partial birth infanticide. The exact words:
    Okaaay.

How exactly does that prove your assertion? Be specific, because I don't see how that section proves it.

URL for the full section:
    https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/...tion18.2-71.1/

[edit]

Connect it to:
    YOUR party supports abortions up to and including FULL TERM where they crush the living babys skull with tongs in the birth canal.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 12-03-2021 at 08:36 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great. You found an article about some Christian Taliban whacko advocating something that will never happen. Good for you. If you want to debate abortion find someone else to argue with that is extreme pro-life. I'm not.
    They introduce this bill on a yearly basis.

I'm not asking you to take an extreme pro-life position.

Let's try this again, but I will try to make it more clear.

In your opinion, yes or no, would the same people who comprise a majority of the party you support, be comfortable with jailing women mistakenly (occasionally) for miscarriages if it meant stopping abortion?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okaaay.

How exactly does that prove your assertion? Be specific, because I don't see how that section proves it.

URL for the full section:
    https://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/...tion18.2-71.1/
    regardless of the duration of pregnancy,
    pretty self explanatory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pretty self explanatory
    No, it isn't.

If it were self-explanatory, you could spell it out easily. "If this... then that"

Make your case, in your own words.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it isn't.

If it were self-explanatory, you could spell it out easily. "If this... then that"

Make your case, in your own words.
    *shaking head* done. Argue with yourself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to help here:

This section of the law prohibits killing infants "who [have] been born alive",... "regardless of the duration of pregnancy".

That particular section doesn't get you there.

What might:
    This section shall not prohibit the use by a physician of any procedure that, in reasonable medical judgment, is necessary to prevent the death of the mother

But for the fact of your hand-waving that [Democrats support abortions up to full term]

You were inexact in your wording, implying "Democrats support all abortions of any kind up to full term"

Which is NOT what Democrats, including myself, believe, and not even what this law says, is it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just can't bring yourself to defend your own bull . Even when I am trying to, in good faith, help you.

Sad.

What does that say about how you form your beliefs, CC? You want to know why I get pissy with you at times? You let yourself get convinced of things for ty reasons, but you are smart enough and a good enough person to know better. That's why.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The essence of CRT is that the white man has suppressed all other races and that being a "minority" even if a land where you aren't a minority, meaning your skin isn't white, means you've been indoctrinated since birth to believe you are less than them, and that your entire past and future will be a struggle to overcome disadvantages put in place for you to struggle, by the white man.

aka white man bad.
    Nah, that don’t sound right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The essence of CRT is that the white man has suppressed all other races and that being a "minority" even if a land where you aren't a minority, meaning your skin isn't white, means you've been indoctrinated since birth to believe you are less than them, and that your entire past and future will be a struggle to overcome disadvantages put in place for you to struggle, by the white man.

aka white man bad.

Bonus:

TOO big for you to pretend you didn't read it.

Dial me up when you want to criticize something that exists, rather than your lie about something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other funny thing about CRT is that it doesn't exist
    It exists.

What doesn't exist: The version you ers tell each other about what it is. I.e. lying.

The basis of modern conservatism is dishonesty and violence.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are so full of . I have explicitly stated I am pro-choice and disagree with the recent Texas law.

At the same time, I think there should be limits on how late you can perform an abortion.

YOUR party supports abortions up to and including FULL TERM where they crush the living babys skull with tongs in the birth canal.

There has to be a reasonable middle ground.
    It's real funny that you believe that some random lady is going to go through 9 months of on her body just to say "nah we're cool" and kill it at the end

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Earthen vessels"

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Earthen vessels"

when you shake polaroids, it does nothing polaroid does not advocate shaking it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a nice nuts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Earthen vessels"

Based on the current evidence, if you factor in fertilized eggs that fail to implant along with pregnancies that end in miscarriage, around 70% to 75% of all conceptions will end in pregnancy loss.
    soooo if you believe in that for every abortion, God kills what? about 25 times as many every year?

Where is the outrage for the 75% of failed embryos that aren't aborted? Why are we not doing anything about that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the WHOLE story, not Boukkaki and Whineholes bull take:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/03/u...ent/index.html
    "Lynniece Washington" dropped the charges: https://www.google.com/search?q=Lynn...h=647&dpr=2.75

Wonder what political party she is in?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile a grand jury of fine Alabamans wanted to charge her. Thank God for Red State Dems tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was trying to get you to realize that what you were told in the conservative MSM about what that section says, and what it actually says is different.

If you like I will explain it again.

In the end, the point of the OP remains.

If you make abortions illegal, then women who genuinely miscarry WILL end up in prison, just like they do in places where that actually happens.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US women are being jailed for having miscarriages

From 1973-2020, NAPW has recorded 1,600 such cases, with about 1,200 occurring in the last 15 years alone.

Although some involved women who

were arrested for things such as falling down,

or giving birth at home,

the vast majority involved drugs,

and women of colour were overrepresented.

The recent explosion of criminal cases is part of a "uniquely American phenomenon" at the crossroads of America's 'War on Drugs' and the personhood movement,

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59214544

Actually, there's American-created hole in Central America that imprisons women for miscarriages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

From 1973-2020, NAPW has recorded 1,600 such cases, with about 1,200 occurring in the last 15 years alone.

or giving birth at home,

The recent explosion of criminal cases is part of a "uniquely American phenomenon" at the crossroads of America's 'War on Drugs' and the personhood movement,

Actually, there's American-created hole in Central America that imprisons women for miscarriages.

gee look, it is happening now. in the US.

This particular movement is actively supported by the conservative theocrats in the Republican party, for the sole purpose of building precedent to roll back abortion rights. They admit to this. Openly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

or giving birth at home,

As much as conservatives here try to on you, things like this are things they will actively run away from discussing.

What does it say about your viewpoint that someone that you look down on can constantly bring up things criticizing your viewpoint that you can't or won't deal with? smh

Thread Information