My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Price gouging too, in the case of Hertz.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Top 1: if the machine jams up that doesn't mean everything is free.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Price gouging too, in the case of Hertz.

Rental car companies are ing s . When my mom's car broke down I took her to get a rental from an Enterprise location that showed a bunch of cheap compacts in stock to rent that minute but my mom didn't want me to book it online, she'd just go book it in person. When my mom told the head at the counter how badly she needed a rental right then with her car in the shop he tried to stick her with a luxury at nearly twice the cost and said his computer was showing no compacts available in the city. I told my mom we're leaving and that guy was conning her because she told him how much she needed the car. Booked her a compact online at the location five miles away and picked it up in ten minutes. Woman working there said they had a ton of compacts available to rent that second and so did the original location we went to.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rental car companies are ing s . When my mom's car broke down I took her to get a rental from an Enterprise location that showed a bunch of cheap compacts in stock to rent that minute but my mom didn't want me to book it online, she'd just go book it in person. When my mom told the head at the counter how badly she needed a rental right then with her car in the shop he tried to stick her with a luxury at nearly twice the cost and said his computer was showing no compacts available in the city. I told my mom we're leaving and that guy was conning her because she told him how much she needed the car. Booked her a compact online at the location five miles away and picked it up in ten minutes. Woman working there said they had a ton of compacts available to rent that second and so did the original location we went to.
    Maybe he thought your mom deserved more than a ty compact

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Struck a nerve when I called you a boosted vaxxed antivaxxer eh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then he should have provided it at the same cost. That's real concern. Lying to her isn't a good indication of concern.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Christ, that's about the first regular story you've ever told around here.

Congratulations.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Struck a nerve when I called you a boosted vaxxed antivaxxer eh?
    Not at all, you and Chump are the ones obsessing about boosters. I don't have any sensitivity about getting my 2nd dose. I might get a 3rd later next year. There's nothing wrong with you getting a booster every 3 months to try and make vaccines prevent infections. It's probably safe and who knows, maybe it will work.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not at all, you and Chump are the ones obsessing about boosters. I don't have any sensitivity about getting my 2nd dose. I might get a 3rd later next year. There's nothing wrong with you getting a booster every 3 months to try and make vaccines prevent infections. It's probably safe and who knows, maybe it will work.
    I'm making fun of your antibooster posts when you got boosted before almost anyone else here. You deserve to be mocked so don't get all pissy about it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm making fun of your antibooster posts when you got boosted before almost anyone else here. You deserve to be mocked so don't get all pissy about it.
    Who knew Mr “It’s just a joke, don’t be so sensitive” would be so sensitive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [FONT="]

[/FONT]

Erk. Glad I don't use Hertz. Rented from them once, was not impressed with the service at all, and never really went back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hertz is facing a class action lawsuit featuring hundreds of its customers over its apparent inability to handle rental paperwork correctly. Rather than engage in due diligence when things don’t add up, Hertz apparently allows employees to pull the trigger on theft reports to law enforcement. It also has allegedly decided to convert local law enforcement officers into debt collection agents, referring any overdue rentals or uncollected fees to cop shops rather than pursuing these claims using its own personnel.

The end result has been hundreds of innocent renters being accused of theft… and not just in an “angry letter sent to their residence” way. Hertz has co-opted cops, turning mistaken conclusions about rental agreements into guns-out confrontations that have deprived renters of their freedom, jobs, and any hope of returning to a normal life after being falsely accused of auto theft.

Hertz continues to claim these allegations only represent a very small percentage of their customers. That may be so, but NO OTHER RENTAL CAR COMPANY IN AMERICA is facing similar accusations. That means Hertz has failed spectacularly at controlling its inventory. And it has allowed its own failures to be pinned on renters who’ve returned cars or extended rental agreements, subjecting them to the full force of law enforcement en ies who’ve never met an accused person they couldn’t destroy.

It can’t even follow through on the things the head of the company said Hertz would do when the rental company started making headlines for all the wrong reasons. Back in April, CEO Stephen Scherr said he would start cleaning up the mess and making things right for people falsely accused of stealing rental cars. He assured an interviewer that the company was implementing new policies designed to prevent false theft accusations and “would look to settle with victims.”

A month later and nothing has changed, as Fox News reports. The promises made by the CEO appear to be as empty as its hundreds of false theft accusations.

Car rental company Hertz has yet to drop charges against any of the outstanding 40 cases of alleged car theft even after new CEO Stephen Scherr said the company would rectify such erroneous cases.

“When you have the CEO that knows what the damages were and the pain and harm visited upon these victims […] and when he went out there saying that this is going to get resolved, we’re pushing it behind us, all right,” Attorney Francis Malofiy told FOX Business. “He has to follow through on his word and he failed to do so.”

Lawsuits it is, then. If the CEO won’t act, then he’ll just have to take his litigation lumps with the company he oversees. Hertz hasn’t made anything better for itself in the meantime, issuing statements alleging that it’s impossible to withdraw bogus theft reports because doing so would somehow harm its relationship with the many, many law enforcement agencies it has misled over the years.

This all reeks of corporate chicken- tery. It’s all a bunch of in-house lawyers and ineffective company officials looking busy doing nothing until it becomes clear what their exposure is. Hertz’s reputation should be severely damaged, both with the general public and the law enforcement agencies it converted into collection agencies via unsupported theft allegations. Hopefully, the ongoing lawsuits will burn both Hertz’s lawyers and its gutless company figureheads to the ground.
    https://www.techdirt.com/2022/05/25/...theft-reports/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The officer could’ve provided clarity to the situation based on the fact that Puerto Rico is not a foreign country. He did not or was unaware of that fact.

Thread Information