Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Poeltl likely to be traded, is Collins destined to become the starter at center?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Poeltl likely to be traded, is Collins destined to become the starter at center?

yes?!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do not overpay for run of the mill Zollins
    He can easily be replaced
    You're an idiot. Zollins is a beast. On the upswing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins is a mid level bench big
    He is good at the current salary
    You lack intelligence if you cannot see he is nothing but a back up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins is Poeltl, minus the shooting and FT warts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely agree. Zollins is a very good back up center - when healthy. His salary is just fine for what he provides - when healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely agree. Zollins is a very good back up center - when healthy. His salary is just fine for what he provides - when healthy.
    I’d say it is pre-mature to say what he is or isn’t. Let’s give him another half a season, healthy and acclimated and he may surprise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d say it is pre-mature to say what he is or isn’t. Let’s give him another half a season, healthy and acclimated and he may surprise.
    A half a season? That kind of sample size is the ST equivalent to a billion light years away. We prefer basing a player's value on a half a game in this neck of the woods.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins and Dieng are good affordable options for us. Both can shoot and neither should be a glaring Forbes-level problem. Sochan might get some time at center too, especially if we’re going small with Keldon at the 4 again. Hard to predict.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins and Dieng are good affordable options for us. Both can shoot and neither should be a glaring Forbes-level problem. Sochan might get some time at center too, especially if we’re going small with Keldon at the 4 again. Hard to predict.
    Zollins/Sochan/Keldon could be an exciting front line matchup dependent but I think PATFO firmly view Keldon as a 4.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamentablemente, sí.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're an idiot. Zollins is a beast. On the upswing.
    My daughter ( gaustex ) is on medication…….please ignore her! She is not well……

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of the reasons they targeted Zollins was that in his second year, he was in like the top 3-5 for OPP FG% at the rim. Not only is he not a liability, he's pretty damn good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins/Sochan/Keldon could be an exciting front line matchup dependent but I think PATFO firmly view Keldon as a 4.
    I Hope not, and I don’t think so. Otherwise they wouldn’t have drafted Sochan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I Hope not, and I don’t think so. Otherwise they wouldn’t have drafted Sochan.
    I have a funny feeling he’s going to be getting more time at the 5, especially if we move Jak. I’m not hoping for it, but it’s just a very PATFO thing to do these days.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins, Sochan ,keldon, devin, primo
    Tre langford kbd robi dieng

* if we trade poodle and co…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins, Sochan ,keldon, devin, primo
    Tre langford kbd robi dieng

* if we trade poodle and co…
    Primo hasn't shown enough as a creator/playmaker to start over Jones, IMO.

Langford (if he makes the final cut), Bates-Diop & Roby can all play down a spot making room for either or both of Blake and Branham.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Zollins will play the starting C position once Spurs moved Poeltl, with Dieng as backup and even Sochan at times, and maybe some stints from Barlow here and there. It’s a great opportunity for Zollins to earn his contract after next year, but I’m hoping that Barlow could give him a run for his money at the starting Center as early as next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Zollins will play the starting C position once Spurs moved Poeltl, with Dieng as backup and even Sochan at times, and maybe some stints from Barlow here and there. It’s a great opportunity for Zollins to earn his contract after next year, but I’m hoping that Barlow could give him a run for his money at the starting Center as early as next season.
    I can’t remember a 2way sticking on the roster, long term, let alone becoming a Spurs starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t remember a 2way sticking on the roster, long term, let alone becoming a Spurs starter.
    I have high hopes on Barlow. He seems to me not a typical undrafted player. Imo he should’ve very well deserved an early-second round. It’s a mystery especially playing well at the Combine scrimmage, tall mobile, athletic who can hit from outside, and at only 19! Spurs are getting him very early and could pay big dividends.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was before 2 way contracts but green did play in the gleauge so would be probably the closest comparison on the Spurs. I believe it started for the 17-18 season so has not been around very long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I don’t think you guys have seen the best of me yet,” says Zach Collins, who for the first time in a long time enters a season healthy. “Everything feels fantastic. Definitely the best I’ve felt physically in my career.”

What can we really expect from Zollins this year? Can he eventually start and replace Poeltl at center, and at what capacity? Coming from the draft he was athletic who has good handles and could take it to the rim, while also hitting outsides. Defensively he can switch and cover perimeter as well as Jak. While I see him having more consistent motor than Jak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I don’t think you guys have seen the best of me yet,” says Zach Collins, who for the first time in a long time enters a season healthy. “Everything feels fantastic. Definitely the best I’ve felt physically in my career.”

What can we really expect from Zollins this year? Can he eventually start and replace Poeltl at center, and at what capacity? Coming from the draft he was athletic who has good handles and could take it to the rim, while also hitting outsides. Defensively he can switch and cover perimeter as well as Jak. While I see him having more consistent motor than Jak
    18/10/5/3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang. I’m switching my MIP candidate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang. I’m switching my MIP candidate
    haha i’m expecting big things from him. He does alot of things well and will probably look like a superior role player but I think he has lost most of his bounce for good unfortunately.

Thread Information