Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Zollins can be a high end role player if he hits his ceiling. Not quite as good as Poeltl but a different, and in today's league probably more valuable, skillset.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jackob move way better than Zollins.
    Way better defender too.
    If Zollins is healing up and has something not seen that would be cool

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and what about the second quarter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I don’t think you guys have seen the best of me yet,” says Zach Collins, who for the first time in a long time enters a season healthy. “Everything feels fantastic. Definitely the best I’ve felt physically in my career.”

What can we really expect from Zollins this year? Can he eventually start and replace Poeltl at center, and at what capacity? Coming from the draft he was athletic who has good handles and could take it to the rim, while also hitting outsides. Defensively he can switch and cover perimeter as well as Jak. While I see him having more consistent motor than Jak
    He’s going to be Poeltl’s replacement. He gives you 90-95% of the defense, and 100% of the offense, plus 3 pt and FT shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s going to be Poeltl’s replacement. He gives you 90-95% of the defense, and 100% of the offense, plus 3 pt and FT shooting.
    I don’t see Zach as being nearly as good of a defender as Poeltl. Certainly better on the offensive end, but I lean more towards 75% of the defensive presence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The big question is whether he'd be able to take on that role night in and night out, with extended playing time, for a full season... if he manages to stay available for reasonably long periods of time, there's no question he's a valuable piece. But that remains to be seen, and I'm not yet sold. Lets hope it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the most part we all agree that Jak is likely destined for a trade... but what about Zac? Let's say, hypothetically one of the two scenarios:

1. Jak is traded within the first two months, Zac steps in and looks 90%+ as good as Jak
    2. Zac stays in a backup role but flashes the kind of traits a contender would be interested in

Shouldn't we also be considering Zac as a tradeable asset as well? In either of the two scenarios above, he's got to at least have the same or greater value as Thad did last season, no?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the most part we all agree that Jak is likely destined for a trade... but what about Zac? Let's say, hypothetically one of the two scenarios:

1. Jak is traded within the first two months, Zac steps in and looks 90%+ as good as Jak
    2. Zac stays in a backup role but flashes the kind of traits a contender would be interested in

Shouldn't we also be considering Zac as a tradeable asset as well? In either of the two scenarios above, he's got to at least have the same or greater value as Thad did last season, no?
    Yes. Rinse and Repeat. 2 years from now if Keldon's contract looks like a steal; sell high. Vassell same thing. What needs to change is getting a near cornerstone player or two which will only come via the draft as we are the least desirable destination in the NBA for many reasons; city, culture, frugality, upside etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Zach’s roughly two years younger, and more on the timeline. If we’re still scuffling in top 10 pick area in two years, sure, you flip him, but at some point, if you do have a star in the making,you need a team to put around him, and he’d be a good two way piece.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Rinse and Repeat. 2 years from now if Keldon's contract looks like a steal; sell high. Vassell same thing. What needs to change is getting a near cornerstone player or two which will only come via the draft as we are the least desirable destination in the NBA for many reasons; city, culture, frugality, upside etc.
    They didn’t flip DJ because his contract was appetizing and had 2 years left, they flipped him because he made it known that he wouldn’t extend again and would enter free agency. They couldn’t risk losing him for nothing. If Keldon is willing to extend, they may not flip him unless he brings a HUGE return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn’t flip DJ because his contract was appetizing and had 2 years left, they flipped him because he made it known that he wouldn’t extend again and would enter free agency. They couldn’t risk losing him for nothing. If Keldon is willing to extend, they may not flip him unless he brings a HUGE return.
    He would have stayed if they were willing to pay him

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would have stayed if they were willing to pay him
    Based on what he said post trade. Doubt it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Keldon being moved as early as this year. That contract is insane value, almost as if it’s designed to be moved.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see Keldon being moved as early as this year. That contract is insane value, almost as if it’s designed to be moved.
    He is poisoned pill hard to move him this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t even want to move Poeltl if that Sochan/Poeltl clicks. Keldon hopefully plays well at 3, Devin will be a beast at 2. Wesley, Malaki, Zollins, Toby. We have real promisingly good, long athletic future here, arguably tailored for modern NBA. Besides McD, I’m starting to want to keep this group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don’t need to move Poodle if he’s wants to be part of the rebuild. Not every player needs to be young on a team. I’d be fine signing him to another long term contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t even want to move Poeltl if that Sochan/Poeltl clicks. Keldon hopefully plays well at 3, Devin will be a beast at 2. Wesley, Malaki, Zollins, Toby. We have real promisingly good, long athletic future here, arguably tailored for modern NBA. Besides McD, I’m starting to want to keep this group.
    Poeltl and Zollins will both be unrestricted in their next FA period, and if he’s truly healthy, Zollins will want a starting gig, either here or elsewhere. I think he feels grateful to the Spurs, but not grateful enough to stay as a limited minutes backup. He’s two years and a couple months younger, and a more complete modern center. A choice will likely have to be made, and I’m not sure it hasn’t been already. I think the Spurs are trying to maximize the return, but will pull the trigger on Poeltl at whatever the return is at the deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 11-08-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the bump? Has he been showing his wood too?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol…gotcha! It wasn’t showing the graphic initially on my end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the bump? Has he been showing his wood too?
    Injury

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach out here balling……

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as he stays healthy the spurs got their poodle replacement

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop said his favorite thing about Collins was the fact that he had a nasty streak in him And that he was very coachable. I thought that was quite interesting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop said his favorite thing about Collins was the fact that he had a nasty streak in him And that he was very coachable. I thought that was quite interesting
    Agree with that. I said before, Zollins just does what he’s told and never complain, a soldier, never cowers, just defends every-single-time even at the risk of getting posterized. He will fight for position and go for that 50/50. Great at ude. I think he’ll be even better on the 2nd year after injury. And he’s the better C to open lanes if Spurs are fortunate to grab Wemby.

Thread Information