San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Right now, this situation is not ideal for me”

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/12/05...-ideal-for-me/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That story was probably what made Pop start playing him which I think needed to happen as teams want to see what the player can do before making a trade. So let him play and try to get the highest bid you can get

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is everyone will just wait for him to be bought out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is everyone will just wait for him to be bought out.
    why would they buy him out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, there goes his trade value. Every team knows he wants out ,and is disgruntled. Gonna be near impossible to nab a 1st rnd pick now

Domt blame him tbh. He spent the first two months playing behind drew ewwbanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would they buy him out?
    Because he has no long term future here and it saves them money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. These players. You no likey? Whine until you get what you want!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let his representation know that there will be no buyout. They’ll pass the word to other teams that may be interested. He’s not done anything to merit one, especially letting this cat out of the bag. If he wants to play on a contender, and there is no trade, he can sign with one this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, there goes his trade value. Every team knows he wants out ,and is disgruntled. Gonna be near impossible to nab a 1st rnd pick now

Domt blame him tbh. He spent the first two months playing behind drew ewwbanks

I mean this is part of why pop wasn't playing him tho. Doesn't make sense to play a guy who's not going to be here. Should have traded him. Before the season started but they also didn't want to give him away. I don't think he's going anywhere unless they make him part of a bigger deal and once the deadline comes he's getting bought out. Dude really should just stfu. He talks to the media way too much. He leaked the players meeting too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let his representation know that there will be no buyout. They’ll pass the word to other teams that may be interested. He’s not done anything to merit one, especially letting this cat out of the bag. If he wants to play on a contender, and there is no trade, he can sign with one this summer.
    Except everyone knows they will buy him out. Spurs aren't going to spend millions to be petty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except everyone knows they will buy him out. Spurs aren't going to spend millions to be petty
    They’ve already eaten Aminu’s $10M and Hutchison’s $4M. I don’t think the last $3-4M of Thad’s deal will trouble them too much. It’s not about being petty, it’s about announcing a new way of doing business for a rebuilding team. Like I said, you let people know. If they choose to roll the dice and lose, that’s on them. No more freebies. Knowing he was the club house snitch makes me not care that he would be the example. Someone has to be. It’s not like he signed here as a FA. Does OKCgive away their distressed assets? Nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Suns trade going around makes a lot of sense. I could see Pop wanting to help Monty by doing the Thad trade with them despite their idiot owner. The league knows The Spurs will buy him out if there is no trade which sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OH NO! NOT THAD!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should have been traded this past summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should have been traded this past summer.
    The offers for trades like this are usually in the summer time. You’ve got to play some poker, and wait for the trade deadline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The offers for trades like this are usually in the summer time. You’ve got to play some poker, and wait for the trade deadline.
    This. There is bound to be some team who has a guy get injured, or a young prospect who doesn't pan out, or whatever...and is suddenly going to want a good, modern big to come off the bench.

You don't trade him for peanuts now just for the sake of making a trade or because he is "unhappy".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These players really need to learn to STFU. He doesn't want to be here we get it but talking about it only tanks their value making it harder to move him and harder to give him what he wants

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These players really need to learn to STFU. He doesn't want to be here we get it but talking about it only tanks their value making it harder to move him and harder to give him what he wants
    He wants to be bought out so he can pick where he plays tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree no way should Spurs release unless they get the trade they want if he is not happy do what Houston and OK and other teams do send him home or sit him for rest of season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree no way should Spurs release unless they get the trade they want if he is not happy do what Houston and OK and other teams do send him home or sit him for rest of season.
    Yeah, I'm tired of these charity cases. First it was Gasol, then Caroll, then Aldridge...at a certain point, the FO needs to realize that all of this "good will" isn't doing much but convincing players that they can have their cake and eat it too.

Say what you will about DeMar or Gay or Mills...but at least they were good soldiers until the very end and left on good terms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Thad is really going to be a problem, the Spurs should definitely release him. The most important thing isn't their rep with other players. It's chemistry. You want the young guys playing well and learning how to play together. If they have a malcontent, it's not worth a ty second-rounder just to stick it to him. As a rebuilding team, they're going to be buying more guys out and running through roster spots just as much as they're going to be bringing new prospects and cutting/trading some guys who still have potential. It's normal. The Spurs can't win the Kawhi situation again by changing their at ude with Thad. The real solution is playing him and either keeping him or dealing him if the value is there. But if that's not a viable option, get what you can that doesn't cause pain, and let him go. Or just let him go. It's fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. There is bound to be some team who has a guy get injured, or a young prospect who doesn't pan out, or whatever...and is suddenly going to want a good, modern big to come off the bench.

You don't trade him for peanuts now just for the sake of making a trade or because he is "unhappy".
    Unfortunately, doing right by the player at the expense of the franchise is exactly the kind of thing I'd expect from PATFO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it's an issue. Read the rest of the interview instead of this one part. Plus who can blame him anyway. The hope was always to flip him for something else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If one of the contending teams loses a big to a season ending injury, Thad's value could potentially jump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anybody that doesn't think the Spurs aren't just gonna buy him out and lose him for nothing.

Thread Information