Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't really followed him since he was booted off the Spurs in 2013. I hadn't heard most of that stuff. I just figured he talked about Manu & DG when Pop cut him during the 2013 season and also Pop himself, but I didn't think he'd trash TD. Having said that, let me ask you, do you think Sjax's takes would be taken as seriously as Horry's? IMO Horry holds much more clout having won 7 rings, so IMO I don't think as many fans would take Stephen Jackson as seriously as they would hearing something similar from Horry who has won 7 rings and played with three great big men.
    Jax has more clout with fans than Horry does since he has a larger megaphone with his YouTube podcast All the Smoke that has a huge following. With that being said Jax's rep has taken a huge hit during the last several months due to his feud with Kwame Brown in which he got embarrassed. I don't think fans take him as seriously as they once did prior to that feud.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is a raging anti-semite who defended DeSean Jackson and then doubled-down on his comments.

Not to mention being enough of a distraction for Pop to literally kick him off a team on a le run.

The sooner people stop listening to what Jackson has to say, the better.

Thanks for the big shots in 2003, but....bye Felicia.
    Agreed. You can appreciate what Jax did in '03 but still view him as a POS much like Bulls fans now view Scottie Pippen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horry saved us from an epic collapse in 2005. He gets a free pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F&ck Big Shot Bob. The guy career average was 7pts and 5 rebounds, and 5pts 4 rebounds with the Spurs. As I said he was NBA’s Forest Gump being there at the right time. Most of the time he’s caught waiting for his “Big Shot Bob” moment to take. Yup occassionally he’ll score 28pts, but likewise Forbes when he’s hot.

I mean I appreciate what he’s done, but being “Big Shot Bob” seems to got into his head to say just whatever he wants. I’ve seen him play. He’s like Lonnie with sometimes ridiculous games, who was fortunate to play with Hakeem, Kobe/Shaq and Timmy. I remember he threw that towel on Ainge face because he didn’t want to play. He’s a punk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    F&ck Big Shot Bob. The guy career average was 7pts and 5 rebounds, and 5pts 4 rebounds with the Spurs. As I said he was NBA’s Forest Gump being there at the right time. Most of the time he’s caught waiting for his “Big Shot Bob” moment to take. Yup occassionally he’ll score 28pts, but likewise Forbes when he’s hot.

I mean I appreciate what he’s done, but being “Big Shot Bob” seems to got into his head to say just whatever he wants. I’ve seen him play. He’s like Lonnie with sometimes ridiculous games, who was fortunate to play with Hakeem, Kobe/Shaq and Timmy. I remember he threw that towel on Ainge face because he didn’t want to play. He’s a punk.
    There is an interesting exert in the book 3 Ring Circus which is about the Lakers from '96-'04 that details what happened after Horry threw the towel in Ainge's face. According to the book Joe Kleine confronted Horry in the locker room after the game and challenged him to a fight. Horry backed down and apologized for what he did. Joe in the book said that Horry was very immature around that time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I’m gonna go and check this out because I have nothing going on, the day he is signing autographs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stack co-hosts one of the biggest sports podcasts out there (on Showtime) and is WELL RESPECTED across basketball, football and the entertainment industry. For every critique he has ever given Duncan he probably gives 5 examples of praise. This narrative that he is anti-Spur is ridiculous. He may have had his differences with the franchise in his second tour but he often praises the organization, Pop especially and is very close with Holt’s son till this day. This board blows a gasket when anyone says anything critical of this franchise or Tim/Tony/Manu.

yeah, Jackson has said a few bone headed things but overall he has shown a lot of love to the Spurs, Tim, and Pop publicly.

Jackson’s experience, just like Horry was his experience. , even Horry tried to clean up what he said about Tim over time. He admitted Tim was an all time great but he thought Olajuwon was better. That’s his (even if we all think he is wrong) opinion. He even told the truth about why he kinda has bashed the Spurs as of late and it was due to contract situations at that time.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is a raging anti-semite who defended DeSean Jackson and then doubled-down on his comments.

Not to mention being enough of a distraction for Pop to literally kick him off a team on a le run.

The sooner people stop listening to what Jackson has to say, the better.

Thanks for the big shots in 2003, but....bye Felicia.
    Big shots in 2012 too if not for the fix job in OKC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jax has more clout with fans than Horry does since he has a larger megaphone with his YouTube podcast All the Smoke that has a huge following. With that being said Jax's rep has taken a huge hit during the last several months due to his feud with Kwame Brown in which he got embarrassed. I don't think fans take him as seriously as they once did prior to that feud.
    Wow. Haven't followed him much the past 3-4 years. Didn't realize he had built up that kind of following and platform to speak out on via his podcast (are any worth watching?). What was the feud with Kwame Brown about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I still block that 2012 WCF out of my mind. We were on a serious run that year....Beautiful Game was the real deal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, Jackson has said a few bone headed things but overall he has shown a lot of love to the Spurs, Tim, and Pop publicly.

Jackson’s experience, just like Horry was his experience. , even Horry tried to clean up what he said about Tim over time. He admitted Tim was an all time great but he thought Olajuwon was better. That’s his (even if we all think he is wrong) opinion. He even told the truth about why he kinda has bashed the Spurs as of late and it was due to contract situations at that time.
    So what has Horry said in regard to his over-exaggerated comments? Got any links I can read, or could you maybe paraphrase some of what he said when he backed off of those comments? Was it just because he was upset about not being re-signed by the Spurs after the 2008 season?

I would have been cool with it if he simply said he believes Olajuwon is better (I don't), but he pretty much acted like Tim was so far beneath him when that is flat out wrong and makes Tim look bad in the eyes of a lot of casual fans who never saw him in his prime. Take away those two years and Olajuwon is below Tim (and I really did like Olajuwon). I've never seen any other player elevated as high as Hakeem due to two great years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep and we defo could have used him in the 2013 NBA Finals just saying.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow. Haven't followed him much the past 3-4 years. Didn't realize he had built up that kind of following and platform to speak out on via his podcast (are any worth watching?). What was the feud with Kwame Brown about?
    Stephen Jackson had Gilbert Arenas on his show where him and Matt Barnes along with Arenas cracked jokes about Kwame's career. They made fun of Kwame joked around about him being a bust. Jackson and Barnes also had another episode where they had Jeannie Buss in which both Barnes and Jax cracked jokes on Kwame being a nobody in the Gasol trade. Kwame took those episodes personal and started insulting them back on youtube putting together videos that went up to an hour filled with insults directed towards both Jax and Matt Barnes. Those videos went viral very quickly and were pretty popular since they pretty entertaining and the insults Kwame put out were hilarious. Jax and Matt Barnes tried to respond back with their own videos with insults directed towards Kwame but failed and just got more embarrassed with Kwame putting out more videos insulting them. This feud started in May of this year and dragged on until around September or October. Kwame at one point was making videos everyday making fun of both Jax and Barnes. Kwame amassed over 400K plus followers due to this feud on his YouTube channel.

The feud could possibly be over now since Kwame said a few days ago Jax sent him a text saying he was sorry. Go youtube Kwame Brown Stephen Jackson, Matt Barnes. You will see a ton of videos of the insults he has hurled at them.
    Last edited by daslicer; 12-07-2021 at 10:04 PM.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen Jackson had Gilbert Arenas on his show where him and Matt Barnes along with Arenas cracked jokes about Kwame's career. They made fun of Kwame joked around about him being a bust. Jackson and Barnes also had another episode where they had Jeannie Buss in which both Barnes and Jax cracked jokes on Kwame being a nobody in the Gasol trade. Kwame took those episodes personal and started insulting them back on youtube putting together videos that went up to an hour filled with insults directed towards both Jax and Matt Barnes. Those videos went viral very quickly and were pretty popular since they pretty entertaining and the insults Kwame put out were hilarious. Jax and Matt Barnes tried to respond back with their own videos with insults directed towards Kwame but failed and just got more embarrassed with Kwame putting out more videos insulting them. This feud started in May of this year and dragged on until around September or October. Kwame at one point was making videos everyday making fun of both Jax and Barnes. Kwame amassed over 400K plus followers due to this feud on his YouTube channel.

The feud could possibly be over now since Kwame said a few days ago Jax sent him a text saying he was sorry. Go youtube Kwame Brown Stephen Jackson, Matt Barnes. You will see a ton of videos of the insults he has hurled at them.
    wow that sounds boring

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was actually pretty entertaining if you watch the videos both sides put out insulting each other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in this YouTube video him and Richard Jefferson talk about their time and experience in San Antonio. This clip is him talking about his Tim Duncan comments.

So what has Horry said in regard to his over-exaggerated comments? Got any links I can read, or could you maybe paraphrase some of what he said when he backed off of those comments? Was it just because he was upset about not being re-signed by the Spurs after the 2008 season?

I would have been cool with it if he simply said he believes Olajuwon is better (I don't), but he pretty much acted like Tim was so far beneath him when that is flat out wrong and makes Tim look bad in the eyes of a lot of casual fans who never saw him in his prime. Take away those two years and Olajuwon is below Tim (and I really did like Olajuwon). I've never seen any other player elevated as high as Hakeem due to two great years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in this YouTube video him and Richard Jefferson talk about their time and experience in San Antonio. This clip is him talking about his Tim Duncan comments.

I want my life back after watching this video. In a nuts Horry said Duncan was the 4th best player he played with after Hakeem,Shaq,Kobe. Both RJ and Horry believes Duncan was successful because of the Spurs system but he would have still been a great player anywhere else he played.
    Last edited by daslicer; 12-09-2021 at 12:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ice009

i was trying to find the interview where he really gives the main reason why Horry kinda had some of his issues with San Antonio being because of his last season and not getting the contract he wanted but I couldn’t find it right now.

Below is another video that’s has an interesting point of view from Ellie and Horry also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want my laugh back after watching this video. In a nuts Horry said Duncan was the 4th best player he played with after Hakeem,Shaq,Kobe. Both RJ and Horry believes Duncan was successful because of the Spurs system but he would have still been a great player anywhere else he played.
    Jefferson I think did a good job explaining why he said both. He stated the system was more so for Tim’s teammates getting in line and also maximizing their talents but Tim would’ve been good any place he played. So it makes sense from the way Jefferson explained it, to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robert Horry gives no s considering he said he received death threats over his comments about Timmy.

Also Horry and Ainge are known as two of the biggest floppers in NBA history and Jefferson is salty because he blames his sorry play in San Antonio on the Spurs system. Jefferson said that at that time the SF in San Antonio's system was just to get out of the way and stand in the corner which although he's not wrong about that, he still can't blame that as the whole reason he sucked in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Where is Mario Elie at? He played with Hakeem and a young Tim Duncan, so why doesn't anyone ask him who he thought was better?

Nevermind, just seeing Mario's comments about his time in San Antonio.

Anyway, it is silly to say that just because people wanted to "learn" from Hakeem (which they'd never fully do without the soccer background) that made him better than Timmy.

Tim was taller, bigger and stronger while Hakeem had the advantages of leaping ability and quickness. Still, it is extremely close and I'd argue that Tim was only slightly better.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 12-10-2021 at 03:05 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Robert Horry gives no s considering he said he received death threats over his comments about Timmy.

Also Horry and Ainge are known as two of the biggest floppers in NBA history and Jefferson is salty because he blames his sorry play in San Antonio on the Spurs system. Jefferson said that at that time the SF in San Antonio's system was just to get out of the way and stand in the corner which although he's not wrong about that, he still can't blame that as the whole reason he sucked in SA.
    Richard was extremely complimentary of Timmy, Pop and the Spurs organization in that clip.

What he said about the system and who it benefitted made a lot of sense too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I’m gonna go check out Horry this Sunday.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is Mario Elie at? He played with Hakeem and a young Tim Duncan, so why doesn't anyone ask him who he thought was better?

Nevermind, just seeing Mario's comments about his time in San Antonio.

Anyway, it is silly to say that just because people wanted to "learn" from Hakeem (which they'd never fully do without the soccer background) that made him better than Timmy.

Tim was taller, bigger and stronger while Hakeem had the advantages of leaping ability and quickness. Still, it is extremely close and I'd argue that Tim was only slightly better.
    Horry and Mario will always be biased towards favoring Hakeem over Tim. Hakeem was older than both of them and they also looked up to Hakeem. Horry idolized Hakeem growing up so he definitely has biases. Also don't forget Duncan used to curb stomp Horry a lot when he was with the Lakers. So I'm sure Horry has some bitterness about that especially how '03 went down. To some degree I think Horry still wishes the Lakers had won in '03 because that would have prevented him from leaving LA. Granted he liked his time in SA but he always loved being in LA playing in front of the stars and attending parties.

Tim in my eyes was better than Hakeem but I'm obviously biased. Some fans in here proved through advanced stats that Duncan was better. Duncan figured out early in his career how to elevate and make his teammates better abound him on both ends of the court. Hakeem didn't figure that out until his 10 year in the league. Duncan also managed to play at high level and adapt to not being the number 1 option on offense during his twilight years unlike Hakeem.

Thread Information