Page 1081 of 1573 FirstFirst ... 8158198110311071107710781079108010811082108310841085109111311181 ... LastLast
Results 27,001 to 27,025 of 39306
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've been very open about not getting into direct combat with Russian soldiers/pilots. Ukraine has asked for NFZs but haven't gotten them. You seem to think they have everything they need yet they haven't repelled the attack.

No need for a NFZ but Ukraine requests it. Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky called on the international community to implement a no-fly zone to protect civilians and deny the Russian air force the ability to gain air superiority. CSIS

Historically, the United States has established and supported no-fly zones in Bosnia, Libya, and Iraq through sustained operations, such as both Northern and Southern Watch as well as Provide Comfort. These examples, however, differ in three key ways from the proposed no-fly zones over Ukraine. First, in these historic examples, the United States established the boundaries of each no-fly zone over an aggressor nation rather than a nation that is being supported. Second, those offending nations did not possess nuclear weapons—more specifically tactical nuclear weapons as a means of escalation as is the case of Russia. Finally, those nations did not possess the kinetic or non-kinetic striking power to impose costs on the nations supporting the no-fly zones. -CSIS

The US doesn't want to piss off Russia to the point of going to war against them. You can call proxy war all day, there's lines they don't want to cross.
    Again, there's no air superiority by Russia in Ukraine. There's no need to deny Russia something it doesn't have and clearly has no intention of having.

Zelensky calls for a NFZ were early in the war and since he's backed off of it.

I agree with you that NATO wouldn't want to get involved unless it has to (NATO is intrinsically a defensive coalition). And frankly, so far, it doesn't have to. Nobody wants to attack or invade Russia or Belarus (the last one NOT being a nuclear power, but an ally of Russia).

Now, using nuclear weapons in Ukraine might be a red line though, because it can affect neighborhood countries.

Conversely, the last thing Russia wants is NATO getting involved, because it very likely means the end of their Ukranian adventure.

NK doesn't have ICBM capability so all they can do in response is nuke other Asians.
    In 2017, North Korea test-launched two ICBMs, the second of which had sufficient range to reach the continental United States.[55]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...ss_destruction

It can get worse for Ukraine as well. Time is the enemy for them.
    Couldn't disagree more. Time is the worst enemy for Russia. Their economy, small as it was, is only going to get more contracted and their military pitfalls are well do ented.

But, we'll see what happens during winter and onwards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why hasnt ukraine fired back into russian territory.....all the damage is done on their soil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why hasnt ukraine fired back into russian territory.....all the damage is done on their soil
    They're trying to take back their land... they didn't attack Russia, it was the other way around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, there's no air superiority by Russia in Ukraine. There's no need to deny Russia something it doesn't have and clearly has no intention of having.

Zelensky calls for a NFZ were early in the war and since he's backed off of it.

I agree with you that NATO wouldn't want to get involved unless it has to (NATO is intrinsically a defensive coalition). And frankly, so far, it doesn't have to. Nobody wants to attack or invade Russia or Belarus (the last one NOT being a nuclear power, but an ally of Russia).

Now, using nuclear weapons in Ukraine might be a red line though, because it can affect neighborhood countries.

Conversely, the last thing Russia wants is NATO getting involved, because it very likely means the end of their Ukranian adventure.

In 2017, North Korea test-launched two ICBMs, the second of which had sufficient range to reach the continental United States.[55]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...ss_destruction

Couldn't disagree more. Time is the worst enemy for Russia. Their economy, small as it was, is only going to get more contracted and their military pitfalls are well do ented.

But, we'll see what happens during winter and onwards.
    They'll have to sit down to a negotiation eventually.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you know about negotiating? You are a that negotiates in terms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends. Russia didn't sit down to negotiate in Afghanistan, for example, which was soon followed by their internal collapse.

But this is Europe, and I tend to agree. Though I just can't see any concessions from Ukraine at this juncture, not even Crimea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you know about negotiating? You are a that negotiates in terms.
    Chuncko stated that “Iraq” was seeking nukes and now he brings up negotiations as if it is a new concept to conclude the war. What an insight from the ST board idiot.

Fat hands bloviating as mighty russia is getting curb stomped by lowly Ukraine with hand-me-down western weapons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It depends. Russia didn't sit down to negotiate in Afghanistan, for example, which was soon followed by their internal collapse.

But this is Europe, and I tend to agree. Though I just can't see any concessions from Ukraine at this juncture, not even Crimea.
    All that aside, Ive been calling him out for like an hour for the he is and apparently he has no desire to engage me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chuncko stated that “Iraq” was seeking nukes and now he brings up negotiations as if it is a new concept to conclude the war. What an insight from the ST board idiot.

Fat hands bloviating as mighty russia is getting curb stomped by lowly Ukraine with hand-me-down western weapons.
    Look at all the threads where Ive gone right at him. Is he just scared of me? Apparently so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised that hater did not post this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised that hater did not post this.

He is not working in sundays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reality is one tough professor

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, why hasn't Ukraine taken the war damage into Russian cities?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Speaking of hole Colombian country analysis and logic.

Colombia’s military trafficking arms for guerrillas: prosecution.

Multiple high-profile arrests and criminal investigations suggest that Colombia’s military has become one of the main arms suppliers of the country’s guerrilla groups.

Defense Minister Ivan Velasquez said earlier this month that “there are internal investigations in the army” after a flurry of arrests suggesting that corrupt members of the security forces have been arming the country’s illegal armed groups.

https://colombiareports.com/colombia...or-guerrillas/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Col Macgreggor with a brutal assessment

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Col Macgreggor with a brutal assessment

Did he say 3-5 days?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he say 3-5 days?
    Plus, he would hate on hater because he has been described as "a racist crackpot who is pro-Russia, anti-Merkel, anti-Muslim and anti-Mexican."

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Absolutely agree.
    Ukraine is on the front foot militarily which is why the Russians are going after civilians. Militarily, Ukraine has the will and the equipment given to their military is growing more potent as the Russians continue to cause civilian suffering.

It may even be tough to hold the Ukrainians back on retribution against Russian civilians in some border cities if Ukraine gets the opportunity.
    As more is learned about humanitarian conduct against Ukrainian citizens, I can see it being difficult to hold all Ukrainian units back from opportunistic retribution on Russians who are easy targets. Imo The Russian actions now will produce revenge seeking Ukrainian factions. These kinds of conflicts can produce fighters who must kill to reach some sort of mental equilibrium Imo… They will be -bent on killing any Russians in certain situations and will have the weapons and opportunities to do so. We may also be the country responsible for supplying info for war crime trials not only against Russians, but also Ukrainians at some point.

This mess is a great opportunity for weapons manufacturers to see how well their equipment functions.
    Hater is all in on this.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he say 3-5 days?
    Plus, he would hate on hater because he has been described as "a racist crackpot who is pro-Russia, anti-Merkel, anti-Muslim and anti-Mexican."
    Hater’s go to rubbish bin of opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Because the high number of cannon fodder from Russia really did they any good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing expresses "My deepest condolences" like some red towels.

Thread Information