Page 214 of 1588 FirstFirst ... 1141642042102112122132142152162172182242643147141214 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 39698
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Barr's new book complains Democrats were wrong for 'demonizing' Putin

https://www.rawstory.com/bill-barr-n...reay-outdated/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel free to add.
    "Oh its just because Biden" does not cut it. Like you think Donald would have cut some tremendous deal. gtfoh
    This didn't happen on The Donald's watch. It's happening on Peepaw's watch, peegarden.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This didn't happen on The Donald's watch. It's happening on Peepaw's watch, peegarden.
    Because your daddy got smoked, boy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In this powerful photo, Polish mothers left their strollers at Przemyśl Główny Rail Road station for Ukrainian mothers fleeing their country with babies…

https://www.facebook.com/ridinwithbiden2020

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Trump-appointed former senior advisor to the Secretary of Defense says

Russian forces have been 'too gentle' on Ukraine and

called Zelensky a 'puppet'

• An ex-Trump appointee called Ukrainian President Zelensky a "puppet" and said Russia has been "too gentle."
    • Ret. Col. Macgregor said the conflict could've "ended days ago" if Ukraine had acquiesced to Russia.

https://www.businessinsider.com/form...-puppet-2022-3

bag Trash attracks The Worst People

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fake President.

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.
    Nu uh... win the last race you ran, etc

Brandon: 1
    Trump: 0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We are repeating every day: close the sky over Ukraine! Close to all Russian missiles, to Russian military aircraft, to all these terrorists. Create a humanitarian air zone. No missiles. No air bombs. We are people, and it is your humanitarian obligation to protect us, protect people. And you can do it," Zelensky said in an emergency video message after information about the missile attack on Vinnytsia.

"If you don't do this, if you don't give us at least planes so that we can defend ourselves, then only one conclusion can be drawn: you also want us to be killed very slowly," he added.

He ain't the sharpest bulb in the shed, but he's starting to figure what the long and bloody war sycophants have in mind.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so you are placed in the appropriate wing of the Republican party...

I got that.
    It will be interesting to see the red team become as stupid politically with coordination as the blue team since the split.
    Trump, well that was really just a no brainer horrible candidate that got run over by a self created Old man freight train. 8 million dude...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We are repeating every day: close the sky over Ukraine! Close to all Russian missiles, to Russian military aircraft, to all these terrorists. Create a humanitarian air zone. No missiles. No air bombs. We are people, and it is your humanitarian obligation to protect us, protect people. And you can do it," Zelensky said in an emergency video message after information about the missile attack on Vinnytsia.

"If you don't do this, if you don't give us at least planes so that we can defend ourselves, then only one conclusion can be drawn: you also want us to be killed very slowly," he added.

He ain't the sharpest bulb in the shed, but he's starting to figure what the long and bloody war sycophants have in mind.
    Trump trying to call anyone else a sycophant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He ain't the sharpest bulb in the shed, but he's starting to figure what the long and bloody war I have in mind so my team gets back in office.
    Trump 2024!
    He aint the sharpest tool in the shed says the guy who voted for a clown TWICE...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Putin reportedly hiding lover and children in Europe Switzerland

Vladimir Putin is allegedly hiding his reported lover Alina Kabaeva — and their children — in Switzerland as the war in Ukraine rages.

Vladimir Putin’s mistress Alina Kabaeva is reportedly hiding in Switzerland with their four young children.

“While Putin carries out his assault on Ukraine, Ukrainian, attacking innocent citizens and causing a refugee crisis, his family is holed up in a very private and very secure chalet somewhere in Switzerland – for now, at least,” a source told the New York Post.

Ms Kabaeva, an Olympic gold-winning gymnast, reportedly has four children with the Russian leader, 69, but the two have never officially confirmed it.

Sources say they share 7-year-old twin daughters, who were born near Lugano, Switzerland, in February 2015. It is believed they also have two other sons.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...5fe3c3beb86c93

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    houghts on migration, community and helping, part 1
    yesterday my sister left Kyiv and arrived to our relatives’ family in the western Ukraine. I sobbed with relief when I got her message “we’re in the train”. knowing she is relatively safe (no one is fully safe in Ukraine now), is such a relief for me.
    this past week of staying in touch with her over distance, communicating with her as she lived through s ing and slept on a bathroom floor, trying to convince her to leave and hearing a sturdy “no” for days on end has taught me something important about a) migration and b) helping someone from a distance or from a place of (more) privilege. here are a few take-aways:
    people don’t want to leave their homes as easily as you might assume. even if they are in a city that’s bombed, in a country under full-blown attack. a decision to leave is the hardest one most people make. it has to do with many reasons, but among some of the most common I’ve heard from my sisters and friends who are still there:
    1. we don’t want to uproot ourselves again (there has been a wave of migration in Ukraine since 2014, almost 2mln people were displaced due to war);
    2. we want to stay connected to our city, our land, our home - for many people this is a source of security and sanity, knowing they still have their home, to them being elsewhere “safe” but not at home feels worse;
    3. I don’t want to travel alone - it’s too stressful, too dangerous, too lonely.
    this last argument was the breaking point for my sister - she kept waiting for her friend, as well as our cousin, to be ready to leave with her. she could not imagine doing this by herself. I couldn’t understand her, I was angry and upset, until I remembered my own process and logic: I was able to leave quickly because I was in a group, with people I trusted. we made joint decisions, we shared resources, contacts, food. we supported each other and we lived through this together. we became a community. we were also met and welcomed into a community in Romania, where we spent an incredible week recovering from all the stress of travel. doing all of this alone, with no destination in mind, would have been much, much harder for me.
    I also remembered a brief conversation I had with a woman at the Romanian border as we both waited for our do ents. she crossed the border but wasn’t planning to stay in Romania, rather she planned to join her daughter in Portugal (which has a big Ukrainian diaspora, btw). she too, was longing to reunite with family, to recreate a community she might have left in Ukraine.
    when we think of migration, especially war-related migration, the discourse is often too individualistic and too materialistic: we need to get those people (bodies) into safety. the indicator of “safety” then is “a body crossing the border into a peaceful country”. while in reality, security is very often a much more holistic experience, rooted in relationships and interdependencies. it has materiel and non-material dimensions, and - I dare say - it is a communal experience. again, you have no idea how many people are not leaving Ukraine’s most hard-hit places because their grandparents, neighbors, cats and dogs, are there with them. I see in these stories how a choice of community overrides a choice of individual safety. (and those people deserve all our support and help now. scroll down for previous posts on my page with info on how to help).
    do we think of that, when we develop refugee integration programs? do we see and hear (im)material needs that go beyond individual? do we consider all the intricacies that are implied in (re)creating a community: linguistic, gendered, cultural, class, etc, etc. do we make necessary legislative changes to allow, and encourage, family reunification? or are we so used to the western idea of “autonomy” (rooted in privilege), that we assume the same works for others? I believe, these are questions to be asked as Europe grapples with yet another refugee crisis.
    and here’s my lesson on “helping”: I understood my sister only after she explained her reasoning to me three or four times. I started asking myself, how much of my desire to get her out was driven by my own anxiety and guilt, and how much space I was giving to her feelings and needs in the process? most importantly, was I able and willing to hear her “no” and still say “just know that I am here if you need anything”? and say it not just once, but again and again, waiting for her to reach out when she’s ready. this place of “helping from afar” was a new one for me. I know many of you share it as well, watching Ukraine on your screens. I hope I’ve been humbled in this experience and restrained in my rescue syndrome. I hope I am starting to learn what ethical help, rooted in needs of the vulnerable, looks like. I’ve read a lot about this in my post-colonial theory class, and now is the time to put it to practice.
    I am grateful that my sister was able to make a decision that was ultimately right for HER. I too made an important decision today - to uproot from my comfortable home in Romania. I am now on the road to Berlin, where I am first and foremost also seeking a community - of activists, friends, colleagues, who are landing there right now. I have realized acutely how much being with others is part of my security. yet this time I am arriving not just as an activist or a tourist. I have no return ticket… who will I be there? how will I be seen? as a refugee? as a sister in distress? as someone who needs solidarity? I know that I want to find a place of being and doing that both acknowledges my vulnerability (without making me a victim), and my immense privilege (without making me blind to it).
    I look forward to navigating this complexly and to sharing it with you here. I do hope to challenge you (and myself), and to be challenged by you in this journey. we all have a lot to learn from this, if we keep our hearts open. if you are willing, please share in comments what you’ve learnt or what challenged you in my story today. I’d love to hear.
    cheers from the road between Romania and Austria.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He has a clear moral compass, that must be hard for people like you to understand.

Sycophants

"That's the strongest peace force I've ever seen," Trump said. "There were more army tanks than I've ever seen. They're gonna keep peace all right."
    I said, 'This is genius.' Putin declares a big portion of Ukraine, Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that's wonderful," Trump said. "So, Putin is now saying, 'It's independent,' a large section of Ukraine. I said, 'How smart is that?' "

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    In this powerful photo, Polish mothers left their strollers at Przemyśl Główny Rail Road station for Ukrainian mothers fleeing their country with babies…

https://www.facebook.com/ridinwithbiden2020
    Polska Stronk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"That's the strongest peace force I've ever seen," Trump said. "There were more army tanks than I've ever seen. They're gonna keep peace all right."
    I said, 'This is genius.' Putin declares a big portion of Ukraine, Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that's wonderful," Trump said. "So, Putin is now saying, 'It's independent,' a large section of Ukraine. I said, 'How smart is that?' "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

may visit this summer. mulling over how best to use my vacay money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blast from the past.

Wasn't the first Trump impeachment something to do with extorting Ukraine for oppo research?

When Republican Party leaders drafted the platform prior to their convention in Cleveland last month, they had relatively little input from the campaign of then-presumptive nominee Donald Trump on most issues — except when it came to a future Republican administration's stance on Ukraine.

It started when platform committee member Diana Denman tried to insert language calling for the U.S. to provide lethal defensive weapons to the Ukrainian government, which is fighting a separatist insurrection backed by Russia. Denman says she had no idea she was "going into a fire fight," calling it "an interesting exchange, to say the least."

Denman is a long time GOP activist from Texas. When she presented her proposal during a platform subcommittee meeting last month, "two gentleman," whom Denman said were part of the Trump campaign, came over, looked at the language, and asked that it be set aside for further review.
    https://www.npr.org/2016/08/06/48887...aid-to-ukraine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haring was referring to Trumps appearance on ABC's This Week with George Stephanopoulos last month, when Trump said Vladimir Putin is "not going to go into Ukraine, OK? Just so you understand, he's not going to go into Ukraine."

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

For how long? Situation should calm down by then. Warsaw (central-east), Kraków (south-east) and Gdańsk (north) are must visit.

Overall I'm not being told by relatives of anything that would jeopardize a vacation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NATO must send 100s of Javelins and 1000s of RPGs

and 1000s of combat PPE
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-06-2022 at 09:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you have a really dark complexion I would think again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy in

Thread Information