Page 347 of 1589 FirstFirst ... 2472973373433443453463473483493503513573974478471347 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,675 of 39708
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupidistan

so Russia has been warning NATO, but invades a non-NATO country...

Stupidistan indeed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “I have seen paintball teams with more tactical sense than this.”

Tank made of aluminum?

Video appears to show Russian troops caught in ambush and doing everything wrong
    https://taskandpurpose.com/news/vide...rything-wrong/

"on par"
    dont trust to get in their own aluminum tanks ha ha ha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Achievable If.

Look up the term "Motti"

Looks like they have a good chance at trapping a large number of RUS formations in a kettle. Near Kiev (history is rhyming...)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West defaults

As a direct result of these decisions, we have turned the dollar and the euro, and everything that is denominated in those currencies, into de facto risky assets. The probability of default of a dollar or euro denominated asset can no longer be credibly put at zero. With a single decision, we have created a tail risk.

Of course, no credit rating agency in the world would ever acknowledge freezing central bank assets as a formal default. They will, of course, not downgrade the entire US economy to junk status. Nobody is going to pay them any fee income for that. Nor will freezing central bank assets ever trigger collateral default swaps, financial instruments that cons ute a form of default insurance.

So if this is not classified as a default in a legal sense, what kind of default is it then? Think of it as a default on money’s most important promise: that it allows its holders to engage in legal transactions. There are, of course, other ways for governments and central banks to debase money, through inflation for example. But we can hedge against inflation, whereas there is no hedge against the freezing of your accounts.

I hear you say: maybe this is a price worth paying to stop a dictator from waging war. Unfortunately, it won’t. Europe is still paying Putin some €800m each day for oil and gas.

As I argued last week, an oil and gas embargo is the sanction that would have made an impact in the short-term, severely constraining his ability to replenish military stock he is using up now. The west chose the central bank sanctions because they were least inconvenient in the short run. But we did so without even considering the long-term consequences.

We are resorting to the only problem-solving method we know: kicking the can down the road. Until we hit a brick wall.
    imaginary defaults
    alternative facts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont trust to get in their own aluminum tanks ha ha ha
    Many primitive troop carriers were/are in a trade off between weight and armor. The one I drove in the US army (command post carrier) was. it would stop rifle ammo, and small machine gun fire, but not much more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's an MT-LB, first introduced in 1950, seen a refresh in 1990 (MT-LBM).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Juega juegos estupidos, chaval

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coño

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Play dumb games. Win re ed prizes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who is Russia’s top field commander in Ukraine? The US isn’t sure.
    Washington – The US has been unable to determine if Russia has designated a military commander responsible for leading the country’s war in Ukraine, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter — something that current and former defense officials say is likely a key contributor to the apparent clumsiness and disorganization of the Russian assault.

Without a top, theater-wide commander on the ground in or near Ukraine, units from different Russian military districts operating in different parts of Ukraine appear to be competing for resources rather than coordinating their efforts, according to two US defense officials.

Units participating in different Russian offensives across Ukraine have failed to connect, these sources say, and in fact, appear to be acting independently with no overarching operational design.
    https://jewishnews.com/2022/03/22/wh...-us-isnt-sure/

Without a unity of command, they risk being defeated in detail. It is looking like UKR has finally glommed on to this.

RUS has exhausted itself militarily and does not appear able to sustain any offensive operations. UKR is now counterattacking in a few places, and may possibly be encircling a large RUS formation NW of Kyev.

The images of large columns of marching Russian POWs would be worth the effort/losses it would take to get them. They are freezing, starving, and low on ammo, per intercepted calls. The irony of a Russian army without winter clothes/tents...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -------------------------------------------------------------

And you still believe US governments lies that russia will invade anyday now
    Lemming
    Aint no invasion gonna happen. [bull talking points omitted for brevity-RG]
    Regardless there will be no russian boots on ukranian soil. All this invasion talk is propaganda for internal US consumption.
    I stand by my call. Russia wont invade ukraine anytime soon. Their invasion is not imminent as re US claims.
    Cheers
    There wont be any invasion. Russia will discoose their next steps to the public in response to NATO rejection of their proporsals.
    [bull russian propaganda talking point omitted, because Putin, that's why-RG]
    If you check Putins speech he clearly says all this has been planned months in advance. They are just executing the plan now.
    [bull russian propaganda talking point omitted, because Putin, that's why-RG]
    When how and where is all up to Russia. My guess is this will go slowly and methodically. Like a Boa constrictor.

[insert current Russian propaganda talking point #1 here]
    and
    [insert Russian propaganda talking point #2 here]
    You guys are brainwashed for not believing this stuff.
    [repeats bull Russian propaganda talking point #1]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol nazis

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nothingburger...

VW will ramp up Wolfsburg output after Ukraine supply disruption

BERLIN -- Volkswagen is ramping up production at its main plant in Wolfsburg, Germany, starting from next week, after a two-week pause caused by parts shortages due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The automaker will resume some output of the Golf hatchback on Tuesday, a company spokesperson told Automotive News Europe.

Initially, production will start with one shift, rising to a two-shift operation a week later.

So far, VW's plants in Emden and Osnabrück plants have not been affected by the supply chain disruption. That is likely to remain the case, Vollmer said. "In Emden, we are getting through as things stand at the moment," he said.

Ukraine still producing

Suppliers from Ukraine are continuing to deliver components on a reduced scale, purchasing boss Murat Aksel said.

At the same time, VW is building up secondary locations in other regions. However, the automaker does not want to withdraw from Ukraine despite the current problems. VW is building up new capacities at other locations as a safety buffer.

https://europe.autonews.com/automake...ply-disruption

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Freedom

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cnn

nazi lovers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brave patriot

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothingburger...

VW will ramp up Wolfsburg output after Ukraine supply disruption

BERLIN -- Volkswagen is ramping up production at its main plant in Wolfsburg, Germany, starting from next week, after a two-week pause caused by parts shortages due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The automaker will resume some output of the Golf hatchback on Tuesday, a company spokesperson told Automotive News Europe.

Initially, production will start with one shift, rising to a two-shift operation a week later.

So far, VW's plants in Emden and Osnabrück plants have not been affected by the supply chain disruption. That is likely to remain the case, Vollmer said. "In Emden, we are getting through as things stand at the moment," he said.

Ukraine still producing

Suppliers from Ukraine are continuing to deliver components on a reduced scale, purchasing boss Murat Aksel said.

At the same time, VW is building up secondary locations in other regions. However, the automaker does not want to withdraw from Ukraine despite the current problems. VW is building up new capacities at other locations as a safety buffer.

https://europe.autonews.com/automake...ply-disruption
    hater wrong again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brave patriot

So telling that the ST "muh freedom" brigade really hate freedom when it comes right down to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information