Page 514 of 1589 FirstFirst ... 1441446450451051151251351451551651751852456461410141514 ... LastLast
Results 12,826 to 12,850 of 39713
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    are tanks obsolete?
    No. They are part of a well-integrated set of capabilities.

Any one part by itself is vulnerable. Put all the elements together, armor included, and you have a very lethal force.

A 'splainer:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The compromise SPD party is facing intense pressure to act, and will likely suffer some substantial losses in the next election as a result of their cozyness the murdering, fascist piece of Putin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Surprised it took them this long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A quick breakdown of a legend.

Added bonus observation that taught me something new: Aiming it a bit higher initially makes it less likely it will hit the ground before hitting target.

UKR soldiers know what the they are doing. Yet another little observation.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

-A-DOODLE-DO!!!!!!!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

GO---PUTIN---GO!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "They call me Curly Vlad Putin. - I'm what you might call the Founder of the Feast. - So next time, I mean this time, you'd better step aside.
    Savvy?"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not sure you can really ascribe all of that to "sabotage", given the size of RUS, and the nature of their "safety" standards.

Still, one has to wonder. I have zero doubt that some of this is UKR efforts. They have no shortage of native RUS speakers, and intimate knowledge of RUS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Very long thread on internal dissent/sabotage/purges in Russia. Worth reading, IMO.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
    That's a Putin.
    When the moon seems to shine like you've had too much wine.
    That's still a Putin.
    When the stars make you drool just like a pasta e fasul.
    That ain't a Putin.
    That's a Biden!
    Ah, lucky fella!!!"

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SOME CLAUSEWITZIAN THOUGHTS ON THE UKRAINIAN DEFENSE

https://mwi.usma.edu/some-clausewitz...inian-defense/

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    SOME CLAUSEWITZIAN THOUGHTS ON THE UKRAINIAN DEFENSE

https://mwi.usma.edu/some-clausewitz...inian-defense/
    That's how a good portion of 'em ended up hands tied behind their backs---bullet in the brain---dumped in the street.

It's called fair game, daddy-O.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

"Make sure you're right.........then take over their Nuclear Power Plant."

[/QUOTE]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Make sure you're right.........then take over their Nuclear Power Plant."

[/QUOTE]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just another day at the office

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

40 countries now meeting to discuss how to kick Russia's ass harder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ukraine prepares war crimes charges against Russian military personnel, including pilots

April 26 (Reuters) - (Note: Some images in this story may offend or disturb.)

Three Russian pilots suspected of bombing civilian buildings in the Kharkiv and Sumy regions are among at least seven Russian military personnel that Kyiv is preparing war crimes charges against, the Ukrainian prosecutor general’s office told Reuters.

It said the other individuals include two operators of a rocket launcher who allegedly s ed settlements in the Kharkiv region and two army servicemen suspected of murdering a Kyiv area resident and raping his wife.

The prosecutor’s office said it had notified the individuals that they are suspects and the investigations are ongoing, adding no charges had been filed with the court. It didn’t name the suspects or provide evidence to support the allegations. It said some of the suspects were held as captives, without specifying where, while other charges were being prepared in absentia.

Ukraine says it is investigating some 7,600 potential war crimes and at least 500 suspects following Russia's Feb. 24 invasion of its neighbour. Prosecutor General Iryna Venediktova told Reuters that many of those suspects are in Russia but some have been taken captive by Ukraine as prisoners of war. Speaking in an interview earlier this month, she said that her office intends to follow the chain of command up the Russian political and military hierarchy.

Venediktova added that she plans to pursue prosecutions both in Ukrainian courts as well as at the International Criminal Court in The Hague, the world’s permanent war crimes tribunal.

The Kremlin and Russia’s defence ministry didn’t respond to requests for comment. Moscow has rejected allegations by Ukraine and Western nations of war crimes and has denied targeting civilians in what the Kremlin calls a "special military operation" to demilitarise its neighbour.

Ukraine’s probe is at the centre of multiple efforts to investigate potential war crimes related to the conflict, including by the ICC. The probes are at the very early stages, people familiar with them say. The ICC has sent an advance team to the region to establish operations. read more

Moscow has accused Kyiv of genocide against Russian speakers, which Kyiv strongly denies. Russia has also opened criminal cases into Ukrainian servicemen's alleged torture of their Russian counterparts. read more

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ng-2022-04-26/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ukrainians Are Speaking Up About Rape as a War Crime to Ensure the World Holds Russia Accountable

ape as a weapon of war may date to the dawn of conflict. But in Ukraine, female lawmakers are waging a campaign to turn sexual violence by Russian soldiers against the invaders.

“No one thought that such cruelties and atrocities could happen in the middle of Europe,” says Lesia Vasylenko, a Ukrainian Member of Parliament who in March traveled from Kyiv to London, where she and three other female lawmakers urged Prime Minister Boris Johnson to stop U.K. trade with Russia on the grounds that it was funding the rape of their countrywomen. A few weeks later, they took their message to Paris, raising the same issue with President Emmanuel Macron. On April 21, they will head to Brussels, seat of the European Union.

“It’s important that people do not avert their eyes from this crime,” says Vasylenko.

When Russian troops retreated from areas around Kyiv on April 1, official reports of sexual violence, which had trickled in during the five weeks after the invasion, suddenly took the shape of a systemic, coordinated campaign of sexual violence. Women and girls were the main target, but victims spanned old and young, male and female.

Read More: A Visit to the Crime Scene Russian Troops Left Behind at a Summer Camp in Bucha

Ukraine’s human rights ombudsman, Lyudmyla Denisova said that 25 teenage girls were kept in a basement in Bucha and gang-raped; nine of them are now pregnant. Elderly women spoke on camera about being raped by Russian soldiers. The bodies of children were found naked with their hands tied behind their backs, their genitals mutilated. Those victims included both girls and boys, and Ukrainian men and boys have been sexually assaulted in other incidents. A group of Ukrainian women POWs had their heads shaved in Russian captivity, where they were also stripped naked and forced to squat.

Human rights monitors say the number of additional cases extend into the scores, stoking fears for Ukrainians both still under Russian control or facing the prospect of becoming so, as Moscow launches a massive assault in the country’s east.

“These sex crimes…are a weapon of war in order to humiliate, subjugate, terrorize and force people to flee the territory,” says Marta Havryshko, Research Associate in contemporary history at the I. Krypiakevych Ins ute of Ukrainian Studies and a URIS Fellow at Basel University. “Russian soldiers are trying to send a signal to the whole community: we are the winners, you are weak, we will destroy you, so you better give up your struggle for independence.”

But Kateryna Busol, a Ukrainian lawyer specializing in international human rights, says Russian soldiers received the encouragement to rape from the very top. She noted that at a news conference with Macron on Feb. 7, Putin cast aside Ukraine’s objections with a ditty about rape from a Soviet-era punk song: “Like it or don’t like it, it’s your duty, my beauty.”

“It was both chilling and outrageous to me that a president who’s also the commander of the armed forces would so easily make a rape joke…. It’s enabling the troops on the ground,” says Busol, an Academy Associate at Chatham House’s Russia and Eurasia Program in London.

It would not be the first time Putin has joked about rape, or made degrading comments about women. In recent years, he has put down women for menstruating, and boasted his country’s pros utes are the best in the world. In 2017, he decriminalized domestic violence. (That same year, Ukraine, which has some of Europe’s highest rates of domestic violence, went in the opposite direction and outlawed it).

And while Ukraine has been caught unawares by the scale of sexual violence in the war, it is slowly moving towards greater gender equality, says Sasha Kantser, external affairs manager for Feminist Workshop, an NGO based in Lviv in western Ukraine that provides women and men in the occupied territories with information about everything from emergency contraception to sexual health.

https://time.com/6168330/rape-war-crime-russia-ukraine/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russians cannot keep losing tanks at this rate if they want to hold anything much less take control of any new areas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information