Page 976 of 1589 FirstFirst ... 476876926966972973974975976977978979980986102610761476 ... LastLast
Results 24,376 to 24,400 of 39725
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russia will survive, Russian Federation on the other hand...? They are plenty of unhappy regions in this "federation" of theirs. This could all end in collapse of Soviet union part 2, this time more bloody.
    All they want is an end to the current regime. Sure, that can prove bloody. I was just pointing out that the country itself isn't in danger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, a single soldier proves your point

More posts from the goofy, name swapping twins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every notable means mostly american. None of them has ever been in russia, let alone in russian army. Do you know anyone who has served in russian/soviet army. Ask them, do they think like those websites? Russian military ar almighty only against their small neighbors like georgia and in short time. Americans gave ukraine 12 himars, and it was enough to crush russians. Americans have hundreds of them. What do russians have?
    ass clown, Russia has nukes.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derp is taking Russia's L very personally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Second best army in the world. On par with usa and china!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ass clown, Russia has nukes.
    and how has those assisted them in any armed conflict to date?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love the shout-out to America. Feels good mayne

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...uclear-weapons
    The logic of mutually assured destruction that defined the Cold War still works, to some degree: Russia’s arsenal makes any direct intervention in Ukraine riskier than any rational American leader could tolerate. In a sense, then, Russia’s nuclear weapons make it less likely that the conflict will kick off World War III.

But in another sense, Russia’s nuclear arsenal also helped create the conditions where Putin’s invasion could happen in the first place.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60499385

The danger of a superpower confrontation
    That's the bottom line - Putin's stockpile of nuclear warheads.

Biden doesn't want to spark a "world war" by risking a direct clash between American and Russian troops in Ukraine and he's been open about that.

"It's not like we're dealing with a terrorist organisation," the president told NBC earlier this month. "We're dealing with one of the largest armies in the world. This is a very difficult situation, and things could go crazy quickly."

So I'd say by keeping more powerful nuclear nations at bay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But you say the US is not at bay because it -- a powerful nuclear nation -- is helping Ukraine.

Pick a lane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...uclear-weapons
    The logic of mutually assured destruction that defined the Cold War still works, to some degree: Russia’s arsenal makes any direct intervention in Ukraine riskier than any rational American leader could tolerate. In a sense, then, Russia’s nuclear weapons make it less likely that the conflict will kick off World War III.

But in another sense, Russia’s nuclear arsenal also helped create the conditions where Putin’s invasion could happen in the first place.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60499385

The danger of a superpower confrontation
    That's the bottom line - Putin's stockpile of nuclear warheads.

Biden doesn't want to spark a "world war" by risking a direct clash between American and Russian troops in Ukraine and he's been open about that.

"It's not like we're dealing with a terrorist organisation," the president told NBC earlier this month. "We're dealing with one of the largest armies in the world. This is a very difficult situation, and things could go crazy quickly."

So I'd say by keeping more powerful nuclear nations at bay.
    But you say the US is not at bay because it -- a powerful nuclear nation -- is helping Ukraine.

Pick a lane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    happened with a few ST posters too, it seems.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly...and they aren't going to use them on the Ukraine.

It's not like the world is giving any sort of huge, advantageous technology to the Ukraine. If Russia is as powerful as some seem to think they are then they should still be able to win fairly easily...but they aren't...because they are using antiquated military tactics. Its like the big strong guy who can't fight worth a walking up on a trained boxer who is only 160 lbs.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Exactly...and they aren't going to use them on the Ukraine.

It's not like the world is giving any sort of huge, advantageous technology to the Ukraine. If Russia is as powerful as some seem to think they are then they should still be able to win fairly easily...but they aren't...because they are using antiquated military tactics. Its like the big strong guy who can't fight worth a walking up on a trained boxer who is only 160 lbs.
    This is the whole idea I think most of us are having trouble understanding, and what some of the back and forth in this thread is really centered on. Yes, Ukraine left to its own devices would likely not be able to stand up to Russia for very long, but even before the HIMARS and howitzers rolled in Russia was still doing asinine in the field, like that embarrassing traffic jam to Kyiv that ended in disaster with them having to vacate Kyiv, Chernihiv and Sumy regions completely.

How can a country so rich in military resources put absolutely no premium on strategy and tactics? They do the dumbest I’ve ever seen from a supposed superpower, and have remarkably atrocious discipline when faced with any adversity in the field.

They’re a walking disaster and an embarrassment to military doctrine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the whole idea I think most of us are having trouble understanding, and what some of the back and forth in this thread is really centered on. Yes, Ukraine left to its own devices would likely not be able to stand up to Russia for very long, but even before the HIMARS and howitzers rolled in Russia was still doing asinine in the field, like that embarrassing traffic jam to Kyiv that ended in disaster with them having to vacate Kyiv, Chernihiv and Sumy regions completely.

How can a country so rich in military resources put absolutely no premium on strategy and tactics? They do the dumbest I’ve ever seen from a supposed superpower, and have remarkably atrocious discipline when faced with any adversity in the field.

"BUT ALL THE MILITARY MAGAZINES RANK RUSSIA 2nd IN THE WORLD"

Q.E.D.

(suggesting magazine rankings are predictive of war outcomes is like insisting on the primacy of AP rankings over actual football games. it also overlooks the the dismal war record of the world's most powerful military over the last 60 years.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You need the US to be at war with Russia so you can move on to your next point, but the US isn't at war with Russia. "Economic warfare"

I guess we're also at war with China and North Korea.

hater was right all along, WWIII. POTY delivering.
    I don't need anything, I don't gain anything with anybody's war.. I'm simply looking at what's going on. If the west wouldn't be fighting a clear proxy war with Russia, then I wouldn't be stating that the west is at war with Russia. It's pretty simple, really. China or North Korea haven't invaded anybody, though in the North Korean case (as well as Iran), you can certainly submit we're waging an economic war with them. I don't think anybody that sees what's going on would bat an eye on that claim.

We both (you and I) know, yet only one of us has said so prior. Otherwise it's crickets from the left here as they pretend Ukraine is running roughshod over Russian forces all by themselves. So no, you cannot both have your "US vs Russia" war and "Ukraine going it alone vs Russia" war. If you ever raise a finger to make similar points when all the twitter semen clouds are flowing about how strong Ukraine is, then maybe I'd give your sudden, convenient capitulation due consideration.
    Nah, I actually called early on, and you can go look this up in this very thread, that you're going to find CIA operatives captured by Russia over there. My line of thinking back then was this was going to be another 80's Afghanistan proxy war, but instead devolved into something much more explicit.
    I can quote myself on that, let me know if you can't find it.

Since no war was declared by NATO or the US, we are not officially at war. Now you'll talk about how the US never declared war in other regions were we had boots on the ground, so make up your mind. You're not going to turn that turd you laid into a golden egg.
    This is exactly why I said "technicalities aside", since I knew exactly this is where you were going. Yet, all parties involved have been pretty clear on what's at stake here, and actions on both sides speak pretty loudly on what's going on.

Without the US and NATO meddling in the 1st place there would not have been a war.
    This is a bold, unsupported claim. Let's not forget that Russia was the first to meddle there, and their original claim was that they wanted to 'de-nazify' Ukraine. Not sure how the West fits into that (then again, nobody believes a word of what Russia claims).

I probably called proxy war before you.
    I mean, this is the earliest from me:

Fully expecting "former CIA" Manuel Lopez, born in Arizona, to get caught by Russians fighting for Ukraine.
    If we were at war, we'd not need to fight by proxy. Are the economic sanctions by proxy? No. So they do not obviously cons ute waging war.

Link? You said we were waging war by proxy. How is that not an attack?
    A proxy war is still a war. Economic sanctions are indeed one way to wage war as well, the end goal being choking the purse that pays for the military conflict. Again, this isn't very complicated at all. It's no different than Russia weaponizing their gas supply to Europe.

As far as attack, Ukraine didn't attack Russia (the opposite happened), yet Ukraine is in a war with Russia now. Do you understand how a country can find itself at war without attacking first?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the US hasnt had a declaration of war since WW2... is that really the technicality derp wants to hang his hat on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like Turkey is kickstarting their proxy war against Russia in Armenia:

https://en.armradio.am/2022/09/13/az...uavs-employed/

:/
    ing Erdopig needs to pick a lane. Worst EU member by a wide margin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    armenia has basically allowed itself to be a vassal state of russia, unfortunately

not a coincidence that azerbaijan re-started this conflict now that russia is reeling in ukraine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There's also the morale factor. Some of them didn't even know they were being sent to Ukraine and to war. Early on they sent conscripts. Most of these soldiers didn't even know what they were fighting for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    armenia has basically allowed itself to be a vassal state of russia, unfortunately

not a coincidence that azerbaijan re-started this conflict now that russia is reeling in ukraine
    I understand the tactics, but ultimately this comes from Trukey wanting to take over the area. It's just a bad look for the EU and NATO, seeing Turkey is a NATO country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Erdogan is not in EU.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Erdogan is not in EU.
    probably never would be. EU has basically required them to own up to the armenian genocide, something they continue to deny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derp is taking Russia's L very personally.
    As if anyone expected to gain great military insights from the former Air Force lab technician.

Thread Information