Page 982 of 1573 FirstFirst ... 482882932972978979980981982983984985986992103210821482 ... LastLast
Results 24,526 to 24,550 of 39301
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Second best army in the world. On par with usa and china.

Not sure what these new super-duper non-motivated psychos will be driving or wearing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. announces new $600 million arms package for Ukraine

WASHINGTON, Sept 15 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden announced a new $600 million arms package to help the Ukrainian military battle Russia, according to a White House memo sent to the State Department on Thursday.

Biden authorized the assistance using his Presidential Drawdown Authority, which allows the president to sanction the transfer of excess weapons from U.S. stocks.

The package includes High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS), night vision goggles, claymore mines, mine clearing equipment, 105mm artillery rounds and 155mm precision guided artillery rounds, the Pentagon said.

The White House memo also mentioned the money will be used for military education and training.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ne-2022-09-15/

Whatever it takes
    what happened to the great Ukro "offensive" I thought Russia was gonna quit after that and Putin was gonna be arrested

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assad and Putin obliterating Americas favorite toy terrorists

The Syrian and Russian militaries have dealt a heavy blow to al-Qaeda-affiliated Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), the de-facto ruler of the northwestern Syrian region of Greater Idlib.

On September 8, more than a dozen Syrian and Russian strikes hit key positions of the terrorist group near the towns of Hafsarjah, Sheikh Yousef, Sijer and Ghafar, which are located in the al-Rug Plain in the western Idlib countryside.

Su-24M and Su-34 fighter bombers of the Russian Aerospace Forces took part in the large-scale attack, while the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) used OTR-21 Tochka tactical ballistic missiles.

The pinpoint strikes destroyed several headquarters belonging to HTS, as well as a large camp of the group where foreign experts were training terrorists on operating makeshift suicide drones.

The Russian Reconciliation Center for Syria revealed that 120 terrorists, including 20 drone experts and high-ranking members of HTS, were killed in the joint strikes. One of the slain terrorists was reportedly Sirajuddin Mukhtarov, the former commander of HTS’s main Uzbek faction Katibat al Tawhid wal Jihad, who is also known as Abu Salah al-Uzbeki.

Southfront.org

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I didn't change anything, jeez. Hostilities are an integral part of war. But whatever, we definitely won't agree on this.

If you're accepting the definition and the definition reads, and I quote: a war instigated by a major power... then you're agreeing it's indeed a war. But looks like we won't agree on this either, fine.
    This is smoke and mirrors. Yes it's a war that's being instigated, but the US isn't at war. I can instigate a fight and not be in a fight. This seems like a very simple concept.
    Here's the quote, nothing else to add to this:
    Because you said this:

"Without the West support, this would've been over a long time ago."

Both are presumptions. You didn't offer any proof of your statement so why would you need proof of mine?
    Ok, cool. We don't agree on this either.

It has to do with the fact that the POTUS is, under US jurisprudence, a civilian, thus US military courts do not apply to him/her. Because international law does not apply due to the US not recognizing the ICC, then we're left with US law. And, as we all know, POTUS can pardon him/herself, so the whole exercise is moot. The very worst that can happen is the POTUS losing his/her job via impeachment.
    You're being obtuse. The US isn't at war. We aren't one of the warring parties. You're doing a lot of soft shoe to dance around that obvious point.
    This one is easy to answer since it happened already in the Syrian civil war. Russia (and Iran, Iraq, Egypt) supported the Syrian government, the US (and the UK, France, Turkey, Arab League) backed the free Syrian army. Their involvement was largely a proxy war. Russia wants to be world police as well, they just can't play the role because they can't back it up.

The notion that Russia should fight for their interests makes sense, the fact that Russia is just another cheap dictatorship that hates freedom and democracy is actually important to people like me who happens to love those things.
    Which leads back to what I said - you need the US to be at war with Russia. This is a good vs evil thing for you, but it's hard to see Ukraine as "good", but easy to see the US as good. As such you'll bend and twist and make believe the US is at war with Russia due to sanctions. This entire exchange has boiled down to whether or not the US is at war with Russia.
    If it would be just the US placing sanctions, it wouldn't work. Not for Russia anyways. Now, when you have the entire west with Europe and Japan on board as well, then that's a different ballgame. So I don't think it's just a matter of 'superpower', but understanding the geopolitics involved here based on potential outcomes.

While sanctions are primarily aimed at stopping the funding of the campaign, the reality is, much like military warfare, that the 18% inflation rate for this year, the shrinking of the GDP, the defaults on the debt, the closure of imports, etc are going to hurt the Russian civilians the most. There's no bullets, bombs or dead, but the damage is severe nonetheless.

But, again, if you don't agree, then you don't agree.
    Russian civilians are accustomed to having a lower standard of living than American citizens. Americans can put more pressure on Washington than Russians can put on the Kremlin. As a "dictatorship", how much pressure could Putin face from the average Russian citizen?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what happened to the great Ukro "offensive" I thought Russia was gonna quit after that and Putin was gonna be arrested
    Who said that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much all Western media

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much all Western media
    Provide a link ya stinkin liar.
    So we can see the trash Western media you read.
    Your "eastern media" consists of tweets from people who have 20 followers and think Argentina is a part of Europe.
    So your sauces are more than tainted, they are chunky vomit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Provide a link ya stinkin liar.
    So we can see the trash Western media you read.
    Your "eastern media" consists of tweets from people who have 20 followers and think Argentina is a part of Europe.
    So your sauces are more than tainted, they are chunky vomit.
    Sure, Nancy:

After Russia retreats in Ukraine, what could Putin do next?
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...7PDHJ04Ug97F69
    5 hours ago

For Vladimir Putin, This Is the Beginning of the End
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...9jeuDMoAucTihm
    6 hours ago

The Atlantic
    It's Time to Prepare for a Ukrainian Victory
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...y9skLTwcnOI115
    4 days ago

The Daily Beast
    Putin's Headed Toward Defeat in Ukraine. The Only Question Is How Bad a Loser He'll Be.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...YDq9C6cw-1R61E
    1 day ago

Slate Magazine
    When will Russians realized the disaster in Ukraine is Putin's fault?
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...AjVJZCFHZoQw3a
    3 days ago

Ukraine Is Fast Becoming Putin's Waterloo | Opinion
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...srGaRWxsfYpcPu
    2 days ago

Putin faces devastating revolt: Russian nationalists accuse tyrant of 'betraying' army
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...zgvmooIgQeJCGp
    5 days ago

Urine Garden

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, Nancy:

After Russia retreats in Ukraine, what could Putin do next?
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...7PDHJ04Ug97F69
    5 hours ago

For Vladimir Putin, This Is the Beginning of the End
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...9jeuDMoAucTihm
    6 hours ago

The Atlantic
    It's Time to Prepare for a Ukrainian Victory
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...y9skLTwcnOI115
    4 days ago

The Daily Beast
    Putin's Headed Toward Defeat in Ukraine. The Only Question Is How Bad a Loser He'll Be.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...YDq9C6cw-1R61E
    1 day ago

Slate Magazine
    When will Russians realized the disaster in Ukraine is Putin's fault?
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...AjVJZCFHZoQw3a
    3 days ago

Ukraine Is Fast Becoming Putin's Waterloo | Opinion
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...srGaRWxsfYpcPu
    2 days ago

Putin faces devastating revolt: Russian nationalists accuse tyrant of 'betraying' army
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...zgvmooIgQeJCGp
    5 days ago

Urine Garden

Those don't say what you claimed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They all say Russia has already lost

Chimpistan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chimpistan
    That's not all you claimed.

You always have to lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chimpistan
    The WORLD lost when Putin started this dumbassery.
    Russia is a part of the world.
    This has been good for absolutely no one economically in totality. Just a playground for weapons manufacturers taking notes.

BTW.
    China has just expressed concerns over this stupidity.
    Imagine China having to use the Wagner group who rounds up prisoners to fight!
    That absolutely does not fit anything China would do in a conflict.

China is pissed over this economic faced midget invasion, especially when they are still dealing with many pandemic associated economic problems.
    Like China wants to play with a midget who farms his invasion out to Private en ies who call the shots.... Just no....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never works out well for pgardn when he demands proof and swears none exists. It usually takes about a minute for him to get knocked the out. Then he goes on an Otis the drunk level philosophical diatribe to disguise his getaway.

pgardn - fck'in prove it you fckin' liar!!!

random poster proves it post haste

pgardn - theoretically no one wins, blah blah blah

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The WORLD lost when Putin started this dumbassery.
    Russia is a part of the world.
    This has been good for absolutely no one economically in totality. Just a playground for weapons manufacturers taking notes.

BTW.
    China has just expressed concerns over this stupidity.
    Imagine China having to use the Wagner group who rounds up prisoners to fight!
    That absolutely does not fit anything China would do in a conflict.

China is pissed over this economic faced midget invasion, especially when they are still dealing with many pandemic associated economic problems.
    Like China wants to play with a midget who farms his invasion out to Private en ies who call the shots.... Just no....
    China 10 days ago

Putin attends joint military drills with China, others

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...296_story.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China 10 days ago

Peegarden taking some powershots to the jaw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Southfront.org:

On September 16, the local deputy head of the civil-military administration confirmed that the Ukrainian units found themselves in a tactical encirclement near the borders of the Kherson region, on the left bank of the Ingulets River.

As a result of the rising waters, it will be more difficult for the Ukrainian units deployed on the left bank in the area of Davydov Brod to retreat or transfer ammunition.

It was also reported that the Ukrainian military camp in Krivoy Rog was flooded. As a result, sending reinforcements from there to the front lines was interrupted.

The Ingulets spill played an important role in the ongoing battles in the southern regions of Ukraine. It delayed the offensive operations of the Ukrainian forces, which have been prepared by the Ukrainian military in recent weeks.

In the areas of Alexandrovka, Posad-Pokrovsky and Snigirevka artillery duels continue.

Near the village of Andreevka, the Ukrainian offensive has been stopped. Fighters of the Russian Aerospace Forces do not stop strikes on Ukrainian troops along the corridor from Andreevka to Sukhoi Stavok, where Ukrainian units found themselves in a tactical encirclement. Dozens of gravely wounded Ukrainian soldiers are evacuated from the area every day. It is reported that Ukrainian aviation is used in evacuation operations and that Russian forces do not prevent the removal of bodies.

Despite heavy losses, the Ukrainian military continues to transfer reserves to a bridgehead on the left bank of the river, apparently preparing for new offensives.
    In the Olgino area, Ukrainian forces are trying to advance with infantry and tanks but units of Russian paratroopers, with the support of artillery and MLRS, continue to repel attacks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China 10 days ago

China is chasing the money, doesn't war the financial, etc disruption of war, even with Taiwan.

Pootin has severely weakened his military trying to grab $Ts of Ukraine wealth. So far he's succeeded which is why Ukraine won't stop until it recovers all its territory.

US conservatives, who don't give a about Ukraine and its $Ts of lost wealth,

want peace so US companies can go back into Russia

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Never works out well for pgardn when he demands proof and swears none exists. It usually takes about a minute for him to get knocked the out. Then he goes on an Otis the drunk level philosophical diatribe to disguise his getaway.

pgardn - fck'in prove it you fckin' liar!!!

random poster proves it post haste

pgardn - theoretically no one wins, blah blah blah
    youre the last person who should be making these remarks you dumb

You made incorrect assumptions about bb's stance on ukraine like two days ago, asked for proof, then disappeared

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    roosters coming home to chicken

CNN

The US and its NATO and EU allies responded to Russia’s military operation in Ukraine by applying unprecedented economic sanctions to its economy. Russia became the world’s most sanctioned country within two weeks of the offensive, yet after successive rounds of penalties, energy embargos and excommunication from the SWIFT banking system, Moscow is reaping record profits from its fossil fuel exports, the ruble is as strong against the dollar as it was in 2019, and Russia’s inflation rate has fallen.

"We were expecting that things like SWIFT and all the blocking sanctions on Russia's banks would totally crater the Russian economy,” one unnamed US official told CNN. Another said that Washington “hoped to see the Russian economy suffering more by now, given the unprecedented severity” of the sanctions, CNN paraphrased.

Russian President Vladimir Putin expressed the same sentiment during an economic meeting earlier this week, declaring that the West’s “economic blitzkrieg” had failed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Everyone will freeze" -Vucic

The EU attempt to cap Russian gas price means “everyone will freeze” this winter, said Aleksandar Vucic

Moscow might decide to shut off gas supplies completely, if the European Union moves ahead with plans to impose a price cap, Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic warned on Friday.

“If the EU makes such a decision, then Russia could decide to turn off the gas to Europe entirely, and then there will be none of it and everyone will freeze,” Vucic said, adding that the price of electricity would in that case also skyrocket from today’s €400 per megawatt-hour.

The Serbian leader’s comments came in a TV interview after his meeting with Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban. Among the topics they discussed, Vucic said, was the upcoming autumn and winter, which Orban thinks will be “decisive survival in economic terms.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reuters, TASS

“I am against supplying ammonia from the Russian Federation through our territory. I would only do it in exchange for our prisoners,” Zelensky told the outlet. “This is what I offered the UN.”

The Kremlin quickly dismissed the offer. “Are people and ammonia the same thing?” spokesman Dmitry Peskov responded, as reported by the news agency TASS.

kokaine Komedian

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    youre the last person who should be making these remarks you dumb

You made incorrect assumptions about bb's stance on ukraine like two days ago, asked for proof, then disappeared
    Still haven't seen a quote to support his assertion that he's mentioned it several times. Chop chop, dip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point, North Korea, simply because of its size, and Ukraine for as long as it is mobilized and supported.

The time is long past for us to re-assess the military "might" of a failed nation state like Russia.
    I agree from the standpoint of mobilization at the current term. Putin cannot justify full mobilization and still hold power. That being said Russia fully mobilized is an easy 3 in my mind.

Thread Information