View Poll Results: Who will draw their first charge in the NBA first?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bryn Forbes

3 16.67%
  • Lonnie Walker

11 61.11%
  • Dejounte Murray

4 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remembering all the times that Bryn Forbes played transition defense by turning his back to the driver and running away to the stanchion giving points to the other team ... got me wondering ...

According to NBA.com's hustle stats ....

In his entire NBA career, going back to 16-17, INCLUDING PLAYOFFS ....

275 Games Played
    159 Starts
    5,944 Minutes Played

Bryn Forbes has totaled:

0 charges drawn

For comparison, 40 year old Manu Ginobili totaled 17 charges drawn in his final season (2 of those 17 in the playoffs).

To be fair, Dejounte has drawn 0 charges in 19/20 and 0 in 17/18 and 0 as a rookie. 3,720 combined career minutes.

But he did have 55 blocks combined regular season and playoffs so far.

The total number of Blocks for Bryn Forbes in his Regular Season + Playoffs career.

Patty Mills total blocks in the 19/20 regular season alone: 5.

And steals of course is no contest, Dejounte gets steals and Bryn doesn't.

Lonnie Walker has 0 career charges drawn, though not many minutes.

WHO WILL DRAW A CHARGE FIRST?

BONUS TIME

Deflections per 36 minutes in the seasons that Bryn played real minutes:

19/20 - 1.4
    18/19 - 1.2
    17/18 - 0.9

Bryn has almost zero impact on disrupting the offense of the opposing team.

For comparison, the per 36 deflections of 40 year old Manu: 3.5

In 19/20, Dejounte is averaging 4.7, Lonnie 2.2, Derrick 2.1, and now Keldon Johnson at 2.7. Mills and DeRozan both at 1.9.

Marco is averaging 1.0 deflections in 19/20, and 1.3 in 18/19. Marco has likewise totaled 0 charges in the combined 18/19 and 19/20 seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    man, this is so brutal. Good work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White has like 17 this season ... ridiculous

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way to dislodge Forbes is for the Spurs to draft a true PG with an early pick and send most of the other guards packing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way to dislodge Forbes is for the Spurs to draft a true PG with an early pick and send most of the other guards packing.
    or, you know, just let Forbes go, and look for shooters for slot 3 and 4 (Bertans, Bogdanovic, Mirotic, etc.) and use the 96 minutes (pg / sg) for Murray / White / Walker and Keldon ( which, like Walker, should be used as sg).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I about Forbes never drawing charges and moving out of the way all the time in the game threads. Not surprising the stats prove it I hate Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nicely done OP.

The Spurs as a basketball org have lost their f'ing mind.
    and Duncan started Forbes too so don't put all this on Popped. No one with the smallest amount of balls to speak up (at least not that we know of).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's the exact reason why Mills is so much better than Forbes. Mills draws charges and gets the occassional steal. That negates some of the points he gives up on defense. Forbes doesn't do

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an interesting analysis. Drawing charges, though, takes great anticipation (Manu) and speed and positioning (Mills). Also, especially in Walker's case, remember that inexperience can factor into positioning and anticipation. Manu came into the league as a 25 year old rookie with years of experience playing professional basketball overseas. It's hard to compare relative beginners to experienced and wise veterans, like Manu.

I'd bet a lot of the older players in the league are better at drawing charges, probably because they don't play the same aggressive man to man defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually watch the games and I'm sure I've seen Forbes draw charges. Do I want him on my team as a key player? No....

But zero charges for Forbes? I'm not so sure that is a fact.

I don't know about the other 2, but I suspect DJM has drawn charges as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was wrong on Forbes per the NBA stats. How can a player play four years and not draw a charge? Maybe i confused a loose ball foul Forbes may have drawn instead of standing there and taking the hit. My bad.

That's another reason to not like Bryn as a long term player in SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes would probably have to go to the hospital if he drew a charge.

As such, I think the coaching staff needs to increase focus on this ASAP.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has 273 shoe wipes tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has 273 shoe wipes tho.

Per game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol I about Forbes never drawing charges and moving out of the way all the time in the game threads. Not surprising the stats prove it I hate Forbes
    Same. He literally jumps out of the way. Like instead of planting for a charge or going up vertically (White is elite at both of these), he jumps to make it look like he's trying...but he always jumps enough to where he flies by the offensive player and ends up landing away from the play.

His transition defense also consists of a weak swipe, which has him turn his back to the defender and leads him away from the play towards the baseline. If Forms was defending Fournier in transition on the last play of the ORL game instead of Wombat, that's an easy game winner for them, tbh.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same. He literally jumps out of the way. Like instead of planting for a charge or going up vertically (White is elite at both of these), he jumps to make it look like he's trying...but he always jumps enough to where he flies by the offensive player and ends up landing away from the play.

His transition defense also consists of a weak swipe, which has him turn his back to the defender and leads him away from the play towards the baseline. If Forms was defending Fournier in transition on the last play of the ORL game instead of Wombat, that's an easy game winner for them, tbh.
    That's why he's "Fake Hustle".

There are dudes on here actually claiming he plays hard. GTFOH. He's trash with no redeeming qualities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good find OP.

Pop use to give a about that. I bet back then the coaches would demand these type of stats. Pop has and has had one foot out the door for a while now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

yup, definition of fake hustle and the old man eats it up sadly

But don't tell that one old ass geezer poster that sucks off Forbes and claims Walker and Murray are bad players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why he's "Fake Hustle".

There are dudes on here actually claiming he plays hard. GTFOH. He's trash with no redeeming qualities.
    Anyone who thinks Forbes is an NBA level player should just refrain from talking about basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To he fair to Murray... He doesn't draw charges, but he doesn't back down... Most charges are from flopping and I'm never gonna bash a player for not flopping...

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    To he fair to Murray... He doesn't draw charges, but he doesn't back down... Most charges are from flopping and I'm never gonna bash a player for not flopping...
    For Murray i don't mind, because he's always actually trying to play defense. Forbes just jumps sideways so avoids all contact, or he'll jump sideways and make a weak ass swipe at the ball giving up an and 1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly don't like the whole concept of drawing charges. Like it's part of the game, and it's certainly something that adds value to White's defense. But I think it's a needlessly violent play that's as bad as Harden and other stars seeing contact and getting calls on offense. I don't think Forbes should be trying to draw them. Not everyone is going to be Danny Green at guarding the break. Of all the issues with Bryn on that end, that he doesn't he doesn't constantly let people run into him isn't one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is 3rd in blocks for NBA guards right now this season and he doesn't even get very many minutes, but No One seems to want to be all about that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In case anyone was wondering, Forbes is still at zero career charges drawn to go with his terrible defense, zero box outs, and running away from players on transition defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In case anyone was wondering, Forbes is still at zero career charges drawn to go with his terrible defense, zero box outs, and running away from players on transition defense
    I was wondering that, tbh, thank you

Thread Information