Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where's the question you say am avoiding?

I recall your demand that I refute your opinion, which I declined. That's somewhat different than you ducking well-established facts like the phone call to Brad to find 11,000 more votes on Jan 2nd, Trump pressuring Mike Pence to throw out the election on Jan 4th and 5th, and Mark Meadows's bat insane power point on "Option for 6 Jan."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So you google you didn't know existed? That's genius.
    No, people Google to get more information after hearing about a story on social media or from other people.

Are you telling me that when you hear about a big story, let's say Travis Scott, your next move to get more information is to look for a Travis Scott article on a news website's home page?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC reduced to rubber/glue bads

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, people Google to get more information after hearing about a story on social media or from other people.

Are you telling me that when you hear about a big story, let's say Travis Scott, your next move to get more information is to look for a Travis Scott article on a news website's home page?
    "hear about"

How exactly would I hear about this? I don't do social media, don't "follow" anyone. If I want information on something I already know about, Google is fine. Otherwise you'd have to know about it first, and if that wasn't through the news outlet in question then there's likely a reason for that.

The fact remains that the news outlet who avoids or downplays the stories about their own issues is approximately blacking out the story for their own viewers.

Spin that how you like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "the fact"

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "hear about"

How exactly would I hear about this? I don't do social media, don't "follow" anyone. If I want information on something I already know about, Google is fine. Otherwise you'd have to know about it first, and if that wasn't through the news outlet in question then there's likely a reason for that.
    You might get news alerts on your phone. You might watch TV. You might talk to other humans.

Or you might check a news website's home page. Like other old people who are out of touch with technology. It's fine!

The fact remains that the news outlet who avoids or downplays the stories about their own issues is approximately blacking out the story for their own viewers.

Spin that how you like.
    FoxNews.com doesn't have it on their home page either. So either they're hiding it too, or it's just not front page news because, while this guy may work for CNN, no one knows who the he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once upon a time in merry old Europe, it was customary to execute soldiers who too stubbornly defended an indefensible position.

In this case there's no need, since DMC is approximately putting his own opinion to the sword with his outlandishly stilted take.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC believes in the same kinds of conspiracy theories all the other Trump s believe in. He's just more flowery in his language describing them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might get news alerts on your phone. You might watch TV. You might talk to other humans.
    I don't get news alerts on my phone. They'd have to come from somewhere.
    I don't watch TV news. Even if I did the outlet with the issue would have to be reporting it otherwise the concept is the same.
    People I associate with don't talk about Travis Scott. How in' old are you?

Or you might check a news website's home page. Like other old people who are out of touch with technology. It's fine!
    I promise you, I'd run circles around you where technology is concerned. I just don't consider TMZ level buzz and social media "technology".

FoxNews.com doesn't have it on their home page either. So either they're hiding it too, or it's just not front page news because, while this guy may work for CNN, no one knows who the he is.
    I don't watch Fox and don't visit their site and I indicted them just the same as CNN. They ignored the Cuomo thing for a while, until they couldn't. Fox did the same with O'Reilly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC believes in the same kinds of conspiracy theories all the other Trump s believe in. He's just more flowery in his language describing them.
    Newspapers and Television have been neutral arbiters of information approximately never, DMC is just pissed that the legacy media by and large doesn't flatter his biases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "flatters my biases" = impartial

"flatters your biases" = BIASED!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This DMC meltdown is quite entertaining

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I don't get news alerts on my phone. They'd have to come from somewhere.
    I don't watch TV news. Even if I did the outlet with the issue would have to be reporting it otherwise the concept is the same.
    People I associate with don't talk about Travis Scott. How in' old are you?
    Look we've already established how YOU don't get your news, you don't have to convince me. I'm just telling you what most other people do. (And implying the Astroworld incident was some fringe topic of conversation among Zoomers doesn't exactly help your case that you're not out of touch.)

We haven't even mentioned the likely fact that you actually get a lot of your information from Spurstalk.com given how much time you spend here.

The crux of your issue here is you want the criminal activity of a "senior producer" who works at CNN to be bigger news, even though you've never heard of this person before and you probably don't know what a senior producer does. You just don't like CNN. Hey, I don't either!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Newspapers and Television have been neutral arbiters of information approximately never, DMC is just pissed that the legacy media by and large doesn't flatter his biases.
    "100% of the time" -WH23

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find CNN annoying and bad, approximately always. 100% do not watch.

Occasionally they do primary reporting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "100% of the time" -WH23
    going with misleading pull quotes, like an honest broker does

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    going with misleading pull quotes, like an honest broker does
    100% of the time. Approx is assumed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This DMC meltdown is quite entertaining
    Yup, he is getting beat down for being an idiot.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yup, he is getting beat down for being an idiot.
    He’s already going for The Derp Gambit of mass posting until everyone else gets tired and leaves, then declaring victory.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s already going for The Derp Gambit of mass posting until everyone else gets tired and leaves, then declaring victory.
    And will call “echo chamber” for being curb stomped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    100% of the time. Approx is assumed.
    almost 100% =/= 100%

you also ignored, for once in your life, the semantic difference. I guess conflation is your thing today instead of hairsplitting.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 12-12-2021 at 03:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So anecdotal evidence is all you have. No need to go into a tailspin trying to dress that up as something more. Also, your tactic of shifting the burden of proof doesn't fly with me. This is one of the reasons I ignore your burden shifting follow up questions when you've failed to support your claims.
    I think I've said this to you before at some point

Thread Information