Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep editing away but you are still an idiot.
    You've reached the limit of your arguing ability. You're basically Spurs Homer 2.0.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alright, try this equivalence.

Conservative is conservative.

Derp is a conservative. DMC is a conservative. Therefore Derp is dmc.

Idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, you're still saturated with stupid. Keep flailing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, you're still saturated with stupid. Keep flailing.
    Glad you admit your logic is flawed.

Apology accepted, idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is nicely put

For a vast majority of Americans, democracy ends when work hours begin.

Most people in this country are subject, as workers, to the nearly unmediated authority of their employers, which can discipline, sanction or fire them for nearly any reason at all.

In other words, Americans are at the mercy of what the philosopher Elizabeth Anderson calls “private government,” a workplace despotism in which most workers “cede all of their rights to their employers, except those specifically guaranteed to them by law, for the duration of the employment relationship.” With few exceptions — like union members covered by collective bargaining agreements or academics covered by tenure — an employer’s authority over its workers is, Anderson writes, “sweeping, arbitrary and unaccountable — not subject to notice, process, or appeal.”

If “private government” sounds like a contradiction in terms, that is only because in the modern era we have lost an older sense of government as an en y that, as Anderson says, exists “wherever some have the authority to issue orders to others, backed by sanctions, in one or more domains of life.” The state, then, is simply one kind of government among others, albeit one with a monopoly on the legitimate use of force.

For most of human history, the state itself was essentially private; few individuals outside of the ruling class had any standing to question its decisions or demand accountability for its actions. The extent to which the state is public at all is, as Anderson notes, “a contingent social achievement of immense importance,” the result of a centuries-long struggle for “popular sovereignty and a republican form of government” such that the state is now “the people’s business, transparent to them, servant to their interests, in which they have a voice and the power to hold rulers accountable.”

With that in mind, to say that most workers are subject to unaccountable “private government” is to make clear the authoritarian character of the American workplace. And it is to remind ourselves that in the absence of any countervailing force, the bosses and managers who wield that authority can force workers into deadly environments and life-threatening situations, or force them to remain in them.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/14/opinion/tornadoes-mayfield-amazon.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've reached the limit of your arguing ability. You're basically Spurs Homer 2.0.
    Tell me again how conservatives are pro-science, and the left is really the anti-science party.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad you admit your logic is flawed.

Apology accepted, idiot.
    Wait... maybe? .. nope nothing. Still stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me again how conservatives are pro-science, and the left is really the anti-science party.
    Both sides believe an invisible man in the sky trumps science and does things outside of the realm of science, with no evidence whatsoever. Suck on that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is just an idiot like ducks except ducks is more useful as he can fix 12 computers in a day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is just an idiot like ducks except ducks is more useful as he can fix 12 computers in a day.
    You work best on a coattail. When you step off it you fail mightily. Get behind Blake, he's got more time in grade riding it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you step off, it you fail mightily.
    fify

ChumpDumper was right, you are an idiot with ducks’ level punctuation skills.

Thread Information