Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is now 15 wins from the all-time Wins record in the NBA.

Only 54 games left. He can get there winning just 28% of the remaining games.

Hats off to the legend. Glad to be witness to this legacy.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently, FiveThirtyEight projects the Spurs to win 35 games.
    If so, then a 10 game cushion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather get a top 5 pick tbh. Either way looking forward to celebrating his retirement. Well deserved but also time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are currently at a 39.2% win rate, which projects to 32 wins this season.

Obviously, that's just the easy maths...they could do better, or they could do worse. They had a rough first 10-15 games, but also have a more condensed schedule after Christmas and we'll see how COVID continues to spiral.

Either way, they are on pace for the record this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait til the anchor is gone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10655184[/URL]]Rather get a top 5 pick tbh. Either way looking forward to celebrating his retirement. Well deserved but also time.
    Not a popsucker but I’d rather him have the record. I’d preferred he retired two years ago, but since he is still going I want him to get it. At least it gets the Spurs on sportscenter again

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a popsucker but I’d rather him have the record. I’d preferred he retired two years ago, but since he is still going I want him to get it. At least it gets the Spurs on sportscenter again
    They might start showing a few seconds of Spurs wins when he gets close, a longer spot when he ties the record, and a full segment when he breaks it.

Maybe even the top of the show if there's no other major events that day; Pop will probably get the record during the NCAA tournament.

For a way-too-early prediction, I'll guess that Pop breaks the record on March 18 against the Pelicans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only SpursTalk could find a way to complain about having the winningest coach in NBA history.

But Bryn Forbes!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pops gonna get in the Guinness record book too.

World's Longest Cat Tail Guinness World Record Holder | PEOPLE.com

Oh wait, was that cat or coat?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather get a top 5 pick tbh. Either way looking forward to celebrating his retirement. Well deserved but also time.
    Well technically, both are possible. The great thing right now is that the Spurs are winning games but so are some other lottery teams. The 7th or 8th pick has seen a leap, since the changed the lottery, almost every year. So who knows. Would be great to see Pop another year though if we got a top 4 pick. Get the team back on track and then retire so it’s a better situation for whoever takes over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN will make Pop breaking the record a segment all about Curry breaking the 3 point record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14 wins from being the GOAT!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN will make Pop breaking the record a segment all about Curry breaking the 3 point record.
    I doubt it. When do people do those kinds of things for coaches in the past that have accomplished what Pop has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is now 15 wins from the all-time Wins record in the NBA.

Only 54 games left. He can get there winning just 28% of the remaining games.

Hats off to the legend. Glad to be witness to this legacy.

Fine coach but at best top 3 who hung on too long after his gravy train Duncan retired.

Number of wins about 4th metric of a coach

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fine coach but at best top 3 who hung on too long after his gravy train Duncan retired.

Number of wins about 4th metric of a coach
    If he gets the record, spurs get a lotto pick and he leaves with the spurs loaded on young talent and light on payroll obligations ... pretty much the right amount of time to hang on

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Currently, FiveThirtyEight projects the Spurs to win 35 games.
    If so, then a 10 game cushion.
    How often have they predicted right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only SpursTalk could find a way to complain about having the winningest coach in NBA history.

But Bryn Forbes!
    Truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    13 wins to go.

GSG!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only one stat counts coaches and it is chips. Top five ok. Erase thread thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Log off ok. Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only one that SHOULD count is all-time series wins against other teams by a coach. Or if you want to include 'ships, then only count the ones where the coach also owns the series wins against that team.

Pretty simple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing that some folks don't give Pop the credit he deserves or give it grudgingly with some lame comment about having great players in the Big 3. A coach doesn't win without great players who stay with him for years so his career is lengthy enough to build that long string of wins. It's barely possible that some coach now active in the league will be able--and willing-- to sustain a winning career record that will overtake Pop. , but the odds and the years necessary are against anyone you can name. If it happens, I hope the fans in his town are totally behind the achievement.

Meanwhile, I'm going to cheer him on and revel in the fact that this small town market has produced so many stars in the NBA record books.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ker who I think has the best chance to pass him is 16 years younger. he has 403 currently. If pop gets one over the record or 1336 that will be a difference of 933 (not counting future wins for ker this year) Ker would need to win about 58 games a year to equal what pop did. (numbers will change on where pop gets to how many more wins Ker gets and how long he coaches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ker who I think has the best chance to pass him is 16 years younger. he has 403 currently. If pop gets one over the record or 1336 that will be a difference of 933 (not counting future wins for ker this year) Ker would need to win about 58 games a year to equal what pop did. (numbers will change on where pop gets to how many more wins Ker gets and how long he coaches.
    The GS players are all in their 30s now. Won’t last long, maybe 4-5 years, and then they’ll have to rebuild. Even if they average 60 wins for 5 seasons, that’s only 300 wins before a hard reset.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doc Rivers is 59 years old and has 1011 wins. He is the one with the best chance to overtake Pop.

Thread Information