My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please let him get fired. Please!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please let him get fired. Please!
    why? people are truly insane. wright is decent at worse, and proved he is up to the task? what more do you want?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why? people are truly insane. wright is decent at worse, and proved he is up to the task? what more do you want?
    Jury still out. He started out pretty bad, had a very solid off season IMO, but that Primo pick really bad. So not sure yet…

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo walking into Brian Wrong's office

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brain drain is real. If they get rid of the current Orlando lottery intern turned lottery Pistons draft mastermind, there's probably no one else any better in the organization as it is.

I have seen speculation that Sean Marks won't be long for Brooklyn. But his record is that of a pushover who let his stars bully him into dumb moves. And before that, not the smartest guy when he had cap room and signed every no talent rfa scrub he could find to a huge deal. Luckily the current intern in chief has resisted such temptations. Other than finding new ways to have dead money on the cap.

So while I wouldn't be upset if they dumped Wright for Marks ... I wouldn't be overjoyed either.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shame, probably the only one who can get an asset for Bryn Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the bump

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny cause I am of the mind that Brian Sometimes Wright is the one who started the tank in full by trading Derrice and Dejounte for mostly picks tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s start keeping score ladies and gents!
    Yes lets.

Teams facing active litigation for sexual harassment/workplace discrimination:

Spurs: 1
    League: 0

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes lets.

Teams facing active litigation for sexual harassment/workplace discrimination:

Spurs: 1
    League: 0
    This would be to easy comparing Spurs against other orgs transgressions league wide…… you should know better! Don’t waste my time with childs play silly wabbit��

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Discuss

Track record for this year so far (Murray deal through Jakob deal):

- 4 FRPs (two fully unprotected)
    - 1 FRP swap right
    - 3 SRPs
    - some cash for the owner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can quibble about timing of the tank. I see the value of trying - valiantly - to keep a decent team going while bringing along young talent. Clearly it wasn't quite working so they flipped DDR for assets and shifted to what we have now.

I think people discount how toxic it is to lose as much as this team is losing. You see it on Keldon at this point, who we will have to move in the next year.

But this team is doing exactly what it should be doing. No long-term, bad contracts (and, no, Dougie's doesn't count, none of them are bad). Lots of cap room. And ac ulate draft capital.

People are freaking because the team isn't making big splashes, like multiple picks for Gobert. But they did very well with the Murray trade. And they seem to be fairly shrewd in how they're spacing their future picks out and trying to anticipate when those picks might convey -- when their teams might start declining.

AND, they pulled at least one really excellent move in that Thad Young trade, which they don't get enough credit for. Using a stray asset from the DDR trade to move up in the draft was one of the best under-the-radar moves this league has seen in the last few years.

This is EXACTLY what must be done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked pretty much every move we made last year, we need to let the details come out before passing judgement on this year's moves.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We can quibble about timing of the tank. I see the value of trying - valiantly - to keep a decent team going while bringing along young talent. Clearly it wasn't quite working so they flipped DDR for assets and shifted to what we have now.

I think people discount how toxic it is to lose as much as this team is losing. You see it on Keldon at this point, who we will have to move in the next year.

But this team is doing exactly what it should be doing. No long-term, bad contracts (and, no, Dougie's doesn't count, none of them are bad). Lots of cap room. And ac ulate draft capital.

People are freaking because the team isn't making big splashes, like multiple picks for Gobert. But they did very well with the Murray trade. And they seem to be fairly shrewd in how they're spacing their future picks out and trying to anticipate when those picks might convey -- when their teams might start declining.

AND, they pulled at least one really excellent move in that Thad Young trade, which they don't get enough credit for. Using a stray asset from the DDR trade to move up in the draft was one of the best under-the-radar moves this league has seen in the last few years.

This is EXACTLY what must be done.
    ^ this guy gets it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Discuss

- 1 FRP swap right
    - 3 SRPs
    Meh. Nothing genius about those moves. Brian Wright atleast conceded we needed to rebuild.

A grade schooler with an X-Box could have made this team relevant in shorter order but he gets a gold star for finally starting to do his job. Even Tony Parker at summer league asked wtf is this organization doing?

Not sure how anyone could give PATFO a pat on the back after the last 5-6yrs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Discuss

- 1 FRP swap right
    - 3 SRPs
    I see you….. let’s keep it going!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked pretty much every move we made last year, we need to let the details come out before passing judgement on this year's moves.
    Agree. I think even if the TOR pick is lotto protected, it'll be a win in my book if they can extract reasonable value out of Richardson and their cap space by the end of today.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see you….. let’s keep it going!
    :-)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. Nothing genius about those moves. Brian Wright atleast conceded we needed to rebuild.

A grade schooler with an X-Box could have made this team relevant in shorter order but he gets a gold star for finally starting to do his job. Even Tony Parker at summer league asked wtf is this organization doing?

Go Spurs Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he has made good moves so far. This is what you need to do when you are rebuilding. He definitely has to move Josh Richardson today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that's lumping together 2 very different periods:
    18-21: kept trying to ride a dead horse, made a few trade/draft blunders.
    22-23: acknowledged reality, made good trades, drafted guys who made sense
    I had honestly given up on the FO, the past year has given me some hope they woke up at least.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Returns coming back on Jakob trade: 24 FRP is Top 6 protected; SRP includes juicy 2023 pick.

Thread Information