Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s start keeping score ladies and gents!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you so cringe, my dude

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you so cringe, my dude
    What is cringe homie? If you are asking why I’m calling out dudes......it’s fun!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta say, I’m still in the “drafting they’re great, free agency they’re meh” camp. That said, extracting something from nothing in the DDR deal made me eat a little crow. Still want to see a clear strategy for using cap space and free agency going forward tho.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta say, I’m still in the “drafting they’re great, free agency they’re meh” camp. That said, extracting something from nothing in the DDR deal made me eat a little crow. Still want to see a clear strategy for using cap space and free agency going forward tho.
    That’s fair.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am curious to see what they going to do with Walker and Young this season and maybe White next season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But its honestly not surprising they struggle in free agency. Spurs play in a small market and without TD Manu and Parker its a tough sell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless Wright has been heavily involved in the drafting process in recent years he is a C student GM. He needs to start taking some risks in my opinion (McLovin’ and Zollins were low risk, low reward). His best moves have been not retaining LMA, Mills and Gay; and only because signing them to above market deals would have been a very PATFO thing todo. Renting out 25mm in capital for a 2025 FRP in return for DDR is hardly a win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Letting the massively overpaid minutes stealers LMA, Mills and Gay walk while getting nothing for them was a major fail.

How much of that was Popped, probably 99% but Wrights name was on the GM le.

Whom has Wright drafted? KJ and Vassel? Scores.

McBuckets signing? Fail.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McBuckets signing? Fail.
    How so? Because of the 13.8M he makes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. 3 Yrs guaranteed was an overpay. Few teams, if any were willing or had the cap space to sign this guy beyond the MLE. He is a liability on the defensive end and an overrated 3pt shooter. Moves well without the ball but can’t guard or box out his own shadow.
    Last edited by KingKev; 12-28-2021 at 03:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What KingKev said. As other have said he's basically a Brent Forms in SF position. Not that he sucks as badly as Forms, rather same idea in that
    great if he is hitting, otherwise big net negative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, I get that. But I think in his time with us he's shown he's more than just a pure shooter like Forbes. He's a good/great cutter as well. Worth his 13.7M/Y? Maybe not, but not terribly overpaid IMO. I personally wouldn't say signing him to this contract is a fail. Who, in your opinion, would have been a better (or as good), cheaper player for his position, the Spurs could have realistically gotten?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But its honestly not surprising they struggle in free agency. Spurs play in a small market and without TD Manu and Parker its a tough sell.
    In my books it’s not just about getting big names to come to SA, but about being aggressive in flipping C assets to get B assets, and B assets to get A assets, etc. It includes knowing when to be a dumping ground, cutting bait, and being a 3rd party trade facilitator. New terrain for spurs for sure, but can’t rest on laurels now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who, in your opinion, would have been a better (or as good), cheaper player for his position, the Spurs could have realistically gotten?
    Had i known Craig was going to continue to coach and play Pet Bryn while sitting Primo and Jock, might as well have tanked.
    Cam Reddish is looking like a bargain at 4.7 this year and he certainly spreads the floor.
    From Duke, so has that going against him.

But Reddish can do anything Whitey can do for 1/3rd the cost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol...aren't we still paying Carroll? Aminu? Hutchinson?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had i known Craig was going to continue to coach and play Pet Bryn while sitting Primo and Jock, might as well have tanked.
    Cam Reddish is looking like a bargain at 4.7 this year and he certainly spreads the floor.
    From Duke, so has that going against him.

But Reddish can do anything Whitey can do for 1/3rd the cost.
    They couldn't get Reddish:
    "The Atlanta Hawks have exercised the fourth-year (2022-23) contract options on De’Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish along with the third-year (2022-23) option on Onyeka Okongwu, it was announced today. Per team policy, terms of the agreements were not disclosed."
    This is from nba.com
    Any alternatives they could have signed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol...aren't we still paying Carroll? Aminu? Hutchinson?
    And also Samanic, for a total altogether of about $18M in cap space. That amount is more than any active Spurs player is being paid this season. Not a good job there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any alternatives they could have signed?
    Samanic? Jk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Atl Spur not wanting that to get out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he's been doing great

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love you guys! Lol. Can’t get enough Crow can you? The most successful current NBA orgs all stem from the pop tree but yet and still it’s a debate regarding Patfo competency! LMFAO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love you guys! Lol. Can’t get enough Crow can you? The most successful current NBA orgs all stem from the pop tree but yet and still it’s a debate regarding Patfo competency! LMFAO
    No kidding.
    Doc Rivers, Brett Brown are just a couple of the all timers who emulate Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes PATFO sonned many great minds over the years but there is no denying PATFO has slipped which may even be part of the reason for some of the recent brain drain.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team missed the playoffs and had a losing record this year. Until you are a champion contender, you remain in fail mode. The question is how many years will he take in fail mode before moving to success mode. Time will tell, but for now he is not on the wright side he is on the wrong side.

Thread Information