Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    When is the last time you cited public media?
    I can't remember the last time I cited any media here. That's not really what I do. But I certainly listen to NPR more than I watch cable news and on the whole I find their articles less sensational and partisan than other sources.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't remember the last time I cited any media here. That's not really what I do. But I certainly listen to NPR more than I watch cable news and on the whole I find their articles less sensational and partisan than other sources.
    So never.

If these outlets are less partisan, why isn't anyone here citing them on a regular basis instead of like Rawstory and Occupy Democrats, or Twitter?

If you wonder who's not supporting public outlets, maybe look inward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where do people get information, profe?

Surely it isn't reasonable to expect everyone to figure out everything for themselves for all phenomena, de novo, relying on nothing but their own mental faculties. Critical thinking is separation, evaluating the sources, corroborating the info as best you can and reading between the lines. There's no value-free perspective from which to judge things, nor is there any definitive referee. Reality so-called is more or less argumentative, and so is the meta-narrative. Empirical data doesn't propound itself, but the questions determining what gets measured somewhat do predetermine the interpretations. As do the previous interpretations.

The sources matter, we can't really have a conversation or even any thinking without them. That they're flawed or biased isn't sufficient reason to ditch them entirely, indeed, doing so is to insist on unreason, on mere force of opinion, calling that objectivity and making it king.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not necessarily, I just don't keep a log.

If these outlets are less partisan, why isn't anyone here citing them on a regular basis instead of like Rawstory and Occupy Democrats, or Twitter?

If you wonder who's not supporting public outlets, maybe look inward.
    You're going to challenge my opinion of NPR based on the posting habits of boutons? Why would I look inward on that?

You'll do anything to deflect. Republicans keep cutting funding to public media, favoring clickbait corporate media which you claim to dislike, yet the real culprit is people who share links to other sites on this basketball forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vignesh Kasinath, a professor of biochemistry at the University of Colorado, evacuated from a neighborhood in Superior with his wife and her parents.

“It’s only because I am active on Twitter I came to know about this,” said Kasinath, who said he did not receive an evacuation notice from authorities.
    https://apnews.com/article/colorado-...5752ccdad85f13

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where do people get information, profe?

Surely it isn't reasonable to expect everyone to figure out everything for themselves for all phenomena, de novo, relying on nothing but their own mental faculties. Critical thinking is separation, evaluating the sources, corroborating the info as best you can and reading between the lines. There's no value-free perspective from which to judge things, nor is there any definitive referee. Reality so-called is more or less argumentative, and so is the meta-narrative. Empirical data doesn't propound itself, but the questions determining what gets measured somewhat do predetermine the interpretations. As do the previous interpretations.

The sources matter, we can't really have a conversation or even any thinking without them. That they're flawed or biased isn't sufficient reason to ditch them entirely, indeed, doing so is to insist on unreason, on mere force of opinion, calling that objectivity and making it king.
    blah blah blah

You don't cite them either. You rely on twitter and memes. Being flawed or biased is every reason to ditch "sources". Of course sources matter, but asking yourself a question (which you seem pretty adept at) is pointless if you want an unbiased answer. So it goes with "pick your truth" news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not necessarily, I just don't keep a log.

You're going to challenge my opinion of NPR based on the posting habits of boutons? Why would I look inward on that?

You'll do anything to deflect. Republicans keep cutting funding to public media, favoring clickbait corporate media which you claim to dislike, yet the real culprit is people who share links to other sites on this basketball forum.
    So never.

I actually like NPR. Boutons is the left, so are you. If you're going to label everyone who raises an eyebrow at the left as a Trump , then you're saddled with Bouts. Yes that's your world.

The real culprit is people (like you) who frequent these biased establishments. You're sitting at Starbucks with a latte ing about why no one supports the mom and pop coffee house across the street. "Why won't people support public transportation?" as he's taking an Uber. If people didn't rely so heavily on these biased media outlets for their "gotheem" fixes, they might have time to actually get to know public news and might then want to support it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    blah blah blah

You don't cite them either. You rely on twitter and memes. Being flawed or biased is every reason to ditch "sources". Of course sources matter, but asking yourself a question (which you seem pretty adept at) is pointless if you want an unbiased answer. So it goes with "pick your truth" news.
    your lack of attention isn't my lack of diligence, I cite plenty, and the Twitter sources I post usually have embedded links.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So never.

I actually like NPR. Boutons is the left, so are you. If you're going to label everyone who raises an eyebrow at the left as a Trump , then you're saddled with Bouts. Yes that's your world.
    You're straying from the topic again. Why does Boutons have anything to do with my preference in media? I have boutons on ignore. I'm certainly not forum butt buddies with him like you are with koriwhat.

Anyway, this forum is for slinging , not for thoughtfully sharing information and articles. Don't act like you're above it. You're its biggest participant (not a weight crack).

The real culprit is people (like you) who frequent these biased establishments.
    I don't frequent RawStory or Occupy Democrats and I don't visit or watch CNN/MSNBC/Fox.

You're sitting at Starbucks with a latte ing about why no one supports the mom and pop coffee house across the street.
    I don't sit at Starbucks, I order to-go and I never get lattes.

"Why won't people support public transportation?" as he's taking an Uber. If people didn't rely so heavily on these biased media outlets for their "gotheem" fixes, they might have time to actually get to know public news and might then want to support it.
    I live in Dallas, the public transportation sucks and I have no issues with Uber even though I rarely use it except on business.

Meanwhile Republicans are trying to defund NPR and the mere mention of it triggers you into sowing deranged narratives about me to make yourself feel better.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Oh look, it's me citing NPR, guess I can keep my donor card.

The approximate cost to build one single mile of border wall is $20 million. (Source: https://www.npr.org/2020/01/19/79731...-s-most-costly)
    And we may be undercounting COVID deaths anyway.

New Study Estimates More Than 900,000 People Have Died Of COVID-19 In U.S.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ovid-19-in-u-s
    Weird, neither OP nor TGY bumped this thread for this day-old story.

https://www.npr.org/sections/latest-...is-not-allowed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're straying from the topic again.
    truth hurts doesn't it.
    Why does Boutons have anything to do with my preference in media?
    You haven't cited public media. If you have you don't recall it because you don't keep a log. Still, you're here virtue signaling over your purity and unbiased view when you're likely one of the most biased people on the forum. Proof of the pudding is in the eating. The cited media here is mostly anything but the publicly funded media you're whining about.
    I have boutons on ignore. I'm certainly not forum butt buddies with him like you are with koriwhat.
    He's on your starting 5. Get used to it.
    Anyway, this forum is for slinging , not for thoughtfully sharing information and articles. Don't act like you're above it. You're its biggest participant (not a weight crack).
    I'm not the one waving my flag of virtue that I never seem to be without. Somewhere along the way someone told you that you were better than other people. You seemed to believe it.
    I don't frequent RawStory or Occupy Democrats and I don't visit or watch CNN/MSNBC/Fox.
    And you raise your pinky when drinking your espresso.
    I don't sit at Starbucks, I order to-go and I never get lattes.
    You understood the analogy.
    I live in Dallas, the public transportation sucks and I have no issues with Uber even though I rarely use it except on business.
    "I'll pretend to take his analogies literally, that'll show heeeeeeeem"
    Meanwhile Republicans are trying to defund NPR and the mere mention of it triggers you into sowing deranged narratives about me to make yourself feel better.
    And democrats are trying to defund the police departments.

Everything out of your mouth is partisan noise, barely distinguishable from Boutons. If you gave 2 s about NPR you would have cited it at some point. Show me the thread you started about supporting NPR (not saying you haven't, just show the thread). The odds are it's just another cause for you to pretend to champion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh look, it's me citing NPR, guess I can keep my donor card.
    New freshman representative from Georgia, and total whackjob.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/03/polit...ins/index.html
    For the "bUt dEmOcRaTs dIDn'T uNiFy uS wHeN tRuMp wON" crowd, here is a collection of Democrat statements that were made the day after the race was called in 2016.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...d-trump-speech

https://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/polit...ory/index.html

https://floridapolitics.com/archives...e-donald-trump
    Just mentioned it on CNN several more times.
    I'm watching CNN right now.

They have mentioned that several times.
    False dilemma. The protesters may skew Democrat over Republican but many of them are likely also non-voters or third party voters, so it's unnecessary and technically inaccurate to call them Democrats. For example, here's a bunch of protestors shouting down a Democrat mayor for saying he did not agree with defunding the police.

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/7/2128308...-defund-police

Point being, "Defund the Police" wasn't some campaign slogan by the Democratic Party so criticizing it as though it was some strategic blunder on the part of Democrat candidates misrepresents its origin. I know that's less fun for partisan scorekeepers, but that's the reality.
    Yeah you'd never stoop so low as to cite liberal rag sites like Bouts does

Have him on ignore but comment frequently on his Rawstory copypasta.

You're part of the problem, dude. You even have 2 accounts doing it so you're 2x the problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    your lack of attention isn't my lack of diligence, I cite plenty, and the Twitter sources I post usually have embedded links.
    You have no idea because you don't even consider the you're posting. I've called you out several times on you've regurgitated and you've admitted you didn't even read it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just mentioned it on CNN several more times.
    I'm watching CNN right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "repressed sexuality as the only approved form of heterosexuality"

Why is Jack Murphy in the news this week? In part because Lyndon McLeod, the far-right mass shooter in Denver who wrote novels under the name “Roman McClay,” was allegedly a member of Murphy’s private brotherhood called

What’s this Liminal Order all about? I suspect we will be finding out soon.
    https://www.theamericanconservative....olk-gay-beard/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD is Spurm? All the sissies here have alts.

Oh and this "nazi" dude looked up to ol' blown out ass cuckold jack murphy?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know I might have to give you this one. After reading some articles about Carlson's embracing of the great replacement theory (and he's far from alone) I'm left with the sickening realization that there may not be many of us mainstream conservatives left. I don't consider Tucker Carlson mainstream but that may be more of a function of what I wish more than what is true.
    Tucker gets a hair over 1% of the population to watch his show. That's all it takes to be the top rated legacy media show. Apparently, much of his audience is libs keeping track of what the repugs are up to.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tucker gets a hair over 1% of the population to watch his show. That's all it takes to be the top rated legacy media show. Apparently, much of his audience is libs keeping track of what the repugs are up to.
    It’s funny that over 15 years later, Tucker and all his fanboys (like you) are still seething over that one time he got owned by Jon Stewart

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yeah you'd never stoop so low as to cite liberal rag sites like Bouts does

Have him on ignore but comment frequently on his Rawstory copypasta.

You're part of the problem, dude. You even have 2 accounts doing it so you're 2x the problem.
    truth hurts doesn't it.
    You haven't cited public media. If you have you don't recall it because you don't keep a log. Still, you're here virtue signaling over your purity and unbiased view when you're likely one of the most biased people on the forum. Proof of the pudding is in the eating. The cited media here is mostly anything but the publicly funded media you're whining about.

He's on your starting 5. Get used to it.

I'm not the one waving my flag of virtue that I never seem to be without. Somewhere along the way someone told you that you were better than other people. You seemed to believe it.

And you raise your pinky when drinking your espresso.

You understood the analogy.

"I'll pretend to take his analogies literally, that'll show heeeeeeeem"
    And democrats are trying to defund the police departments.

Everything out of your mouth is partisan noise, barely distinguishable from Boutons. If you gave 2 s about NPR you would have cited it at some point. Show me the thread you started about supporting NPR (not saying you haven't, just show the thread). The odds are it's just another cause for you to pretend to champion.
    too long/obsessive ; dr

What a meltdown

Spent New Years Eve searching my posting history across two accounts. All because I said I listen to NPR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    too long/obsessive ; dr

What a meltdown

Spent New Years Eve searching my posting history across two accounts. All because I said I listen to NPR.
    lying about who you watch
    you searched your own post history to try to prove a point
    needing two accounts to try to cope

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lying about who you watch
    you searched your own post history to try to prove a point
    needing two accounts to try to cope
    I didn't lie about anything.

I devoted two whole searches of my post history to answer a direct question.

We both have alts. This is you projecting your own insecurities again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't lie about anything.

I devoted two whole searches of my post history to answer a direct question.

We both have alts. This is you projecting your own insecurities again.
    "I don't watch CNN"
    "I am watching CNN"

You searched first, on New Year's Eve nonetheless.

You really are a hypocrite of the highest order and you cannot help yourself.

I don't use my alts to sock puppet support of my comments (other than satirically, when everyone knows it's me).

You also tagged in on Rawstory Bouts posted multiple times. If you want publicly funded news to be supported, you should patronize it.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just proved he did.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "I don't watch CNN"
    "I am watching CNN"
    Check the date, dumbass.

Random person: "I don't watch football"
    DMC: "I searched your Facebook profile and found a picture of you at a Super Bowl party! Gotcha!"

ing loser.

You also tagged in on Rawstory Bouts posted multiple times. If you want publicly funded news to be supported, you should patronize it.
    I take it in all of your hours of searching my posts you couldn't find me sharing a rawstory link, that's why you've moved the goal post to "tagging in" (whatever that means) You're pathetic.

I listen to NPR. I've shared stories from NPR. I donate to NPR. I've secured advertising budgets for NPR.

What have you ever done, other than obsess about other people on the internet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check the date, dumbass.

Random person: "I don't watch football"
    DMC: "I searched your Facebook profile and found a picture of you at a Super Bowl party! Gotcha!"

ing loser.

I take it in all of your hours of searching my posts you couldn't find me sharing a rawstory link, that's why you've moved the goal post to "tagging in" (whatever that means) You're pathetic.

I listen to NPR. I've shared stories from NPR. I donate to NPR. I've secured advertising budgets for NPR.

What have you ever done, other than obsess about other people on the internet?
    he says as he obsesses over me on the internet.

You searched your posts, I searched your posts.

You ok? Do you need a minute?

Thread Information