Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Nice try, this is all Abbott appealing to the "Muh Freedom to spread COVID" dumb s and the district going back to business as usual. Fauci called this surge a month ago and sure enough records were broken. He continues to be correct.

..and no, I got COVID in December 2019 after going to Disneyworld, we just didn't know it was here yet.
    MM just says stupid to get a rise out of people. This was almost certainly here in December 2019, as established here:

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...dy-2021-06-15/

I also have a neighbor who had a really ugly case of pneumonia in December 2019 who tested negative for everything and had his doctors stumped before China finally announced the existence of the virus. So not at all shocked to hear you caught it then either.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 01-15-2022 at 08:03 PM.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Nice try, this is all Abbott appealing to the "Muh Freedom to spread COVID" dumb s and the district going back to business as usual. Fauci called this surge a month ago and sure enough records were broken. He continues to be correct.

..and no, I got COVID in December 2019 after going to Disneyworld, we just didn't know it was here yet.
    It's centrally planned and has been from the beginning when it was manufactured in the Wuhan lab. Wake up and open your eyes to the truth.

I am on the side of schooling should be done remotely though none of this hybrid crab until covid is over. Remote education is far more efficient than, and superior to, outdated in-person schooling anyway. My grades were always far better when I got to take courses online. Why? More self paced learning is far better for a child to actually learn things as opposed to the standard bell schedule grind which does nothing but tire out and spaz out kids' minds.... and spread disease and propaganda. I don't understand why the Republicans are on the side of "bring people back to school at all costs" crap. It makes zero sense.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    MM just says stupid to get a rise out of people. This was almost certainly here in December 2019, as established here:

https://www.reuters.com/business/hea...dy-2021-06-15/

I also have a neighbor who had a really ugly case of pneumonia in December 2019 who tested negative for everything and had his doctors stumped before China finally announced the existence of the virus. So not at all shocked to hear you caught it then either.
    Yep.. it was definitely here.. international hubs like Orlando and NYC definitely were spreading it around in 2019. A buddy of mine was in a coma for a month here in SA and the doctors only theory was vape cartridges caused his illness.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's centrally planned and has been from the beginning when it was manufactured in the Wuhan lab. Wake up and open your eyes to the truth.

I am on the side of schooling should be done remotely though none of this hybrid crab until covid is over. Remote education is far more efficient than, and superior to, outdated in-person schooling anyway. My grades were always far better when I got to take courses online. Why? More self paced learning is far better for a child to actually learn things as opposed to the standard bell schedule grind which does nothing but tire out and spaz out kids' minds.... and spread disease and propaganda. I don't understand why the Republicans are on the side of "bring people back to school at all costs" crap. It makes zero sense.
    Because kids (grade school kids, not college) need socialization. They also need structure to get them used to what most are going to face as an adult. Childhood depression/anxiety has skyrocketed since COVID, that's mostly due to being stuck at home. And many have fallen behind their grade level. So to say a third-grader who lives in a home with two working parents (or a single parent home) is going to adequately "self pace" themselves through school is complete bull .

All that said... I think online school should still be an option for families that are able to do it and wish to. I also think masks should remain mandatory inside the classroom for now. My kids went to school in-person last year and nobody got sick. This year with mandates lifted one of them is bringing something home every couple of months.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    This definitely ain't the OG COVID strain I had in 2019, but definitely no joke. I'm thankful it has impacted my lungs minimally. I had two different colds hit me a couple months back within a two week span and I had way worse lung symptoms I ended up going to the ER just to get my lungs looked at. Just really have no energy with this illness and a mild productive cough..

I've noticed two strange symptoms with this.. lower back pain in one spot right in my spine, and both elbow joints. No reason for either to be sore.

I can expect this twice a year until my kids are out of public school too
    I had it around Christmas, only lasted 4-5 days but on two of those I had to wear my reading glasses to work on my computer, which has never happened before. Went away, thankfully.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I had it around Christmas, only lasted 4-5 days but on two of those I had to wear my reading glasses to work on my computer, which has never happened before. Went away, thankfully.
    Amen, Lee, and to all the fellows here who have put their stories onto these pages. You're all fine fellows who show the way in dealing with this pandemic and its' impact upon you and the families you conduct with.

I-see-you. You're heroes, one & all.
    Last edited by Thread; 01-15-2022 at 11:46 PM.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Because kids (grade school kids, not college) need socialization. They also need structure to get them used to what most are going to face as an adult. Childhood depression/anxiety has skyrocketed since COVID, that's mostly due to being stuck at home. And many have fallen behind their grade level. So to say a third-grader who lives in a home with two working parents (or a single parent home) is going to adequately "self pace" themselves through school is complete bull .

All that said... I think online school should still be an option for families that are able to do it and wish to. I also think masks should remain mandatory inside the classroom for now. My kids went to school in-person last year and nobody got sick. This year with mandates lifted one of them is bringing something home every couple of months.
    The problem is the kids not getting to decide. I know 100% if I were a kid in such a situation I would not wear a mask ever to the extent I'd get sent home. I'd demand a remote education (such as K12), homeschooling, or at the very least to be put in a private school district or other school district that doesn't require masks. Masks just make life miserable.

I'm not going to be one of those that say masks are completely useless because that isn't true either. But even as someone who literally contracted 28 upper respiratory viruses (colds) in 4 years in high school, and was sick with a URI roughly 40-45% of the time. I don't know, but I was probably one of the hardest hit high school kids in San Antonio and in the country in terms of sheer number of separate times I got sick. I wouldn't trade the other 60-65% of the time where I was for wearing a mask 100% of the time, for the world, even if it meant never catching a cold, or say only catching a cold 2 or 3 times in 4 years instead of 28 times.

I was high school valedictorian but I also was the type of kid who couldn't stand being told what to do and I wouldn't. I wasn't little mister goodie two-shoe. I was suspended once and put in in-school-suspension six times. And I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I believe students should have the right to choose.

As far as the childhood anxiety, depression, etc from loneliess... you are correct on that account, but having to go and socially interact with a mask covering your face 100% of the time is honestly worse than no social interaction. You take away the element of looking good and feeling good. You end up with miserable social interaction. Out of the three choices, if you can't have fully social maskless interaction due to a pandemic, it's better to just interact online through webex/skype/zoom/MS teams calls.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Yes, my girl returned from vacation and tested positive before her flight. We slept in the same bed but didn't kiss for a few days. I sprayed and wiped stuff down. All I felt was fatigue for a few hours a couple times but stayed true to my routine - fitness and eating well. No cough. Eyes felt tired like I had spent all day at the beach. In general I don't believe I've been hit with Covid since the initial winter when I had a really bad fever.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Turn up AC a couple degrees higher. 2 or 3 and see if you cough less.
    I seem to do better when it's colder. On Friday night before the wind came it was a warmish night and I woke up at 3am with an extremely plugged nose and stuff. It's dead smack middle of winter and I had to actually turn the AC on temporarily. Today is like ideal weather. No AC needed.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Turn up AC a couple degrees higher. 2 or 3 and see if you cough less.
    Humidifier would be best, but he's dumb.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Humidifier would be best, but he's dumb.
    I have one of those ones where you have to keep putting water in and it sort of mists. I don't think dry air is the problem, though.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I do bad with outside air. Turn up heater to 79 or 80 and you'll stop coughing as much. You'r lungs get colder easier when you have or are sick.
    And I'll be completely stuffed up in the sinuses and sweating and overall miserable. No thanks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm on day 6 and the fever is now an issue where it wasn't in the first couple of days. The symptoms are all over the place it's weird.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I do bad with outside air. Turn up heater to 79 or 80 and you'll stop coughing as much. You'r lungs get colder easier when you have or are sick.
    That's insane.. If the temp inside goes any higher than 68 or so it's unbearable hot it seems

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I also think masks should remain mandatory inside the classroom for now. My kids went to school in-person last year and nobody got sick. This year with mandates lifted one of them is bringing something home every couple of months.
    It's a shame that politics have influenced our handling of this pandemic that has the power to affect every person no matter of who they vote for. Even wearing a mask there is still a risk that a kid can spread COVID, but it's still a small measure that can help mitigate the spread. The district needs to foot some of the blame too because they basically said it and stopped doing anything to prevent the spread. NISD had protective barriers between students which have all but been removed from the classroom (except one little bas in my kids class who has them not to have protection from the kid next to them breathing all up on them but instead because their dumb parents created a make believe health issue that prevents them from wearing a mask) and I see no social distancing of any kind.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I'm on day 6 and the fever is now an issue where it wasn't in the first couple of days. The symptoms are all over the place it's weird.
    Your back issue is spot on with worldwide symptoms.

I will ask a question that you of course do not have to answer but it would help me clear some things up with others.
    Did you have any sort of lung problems before this, or smoke a good deal before all this?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The problem is the kids not getting to decide. I know 100% if I were a kid in such a situation I would not wear a mask ever to the extent I'd get sent home. I'd demand a remote education (such as K12), homeschooling, or at the very least to be put in a private school district or other school district that doesn't require masks. Masks just make life miserable.

I'm not going to be one of those that say masks are completely useless because that isn't true either. But even as someone who literally contracted 28 upper respiratory viruses (colds) in 4 years in high school, and was sick with a URI roughly 40-45% of the time. I don't know, but I was probably one of the hardest hit high school kids in San Antonio and in the country in terms of sheer number of separate times I got sick. I wouldn't trade the other 60-65% of the time where I was for wearing a mask 100% of the time, for the world, even if it meant never catching a cold, or say only catching a cold 2 or 3 times in 4 years instead of 28 times.

I was high school valedictorian but I also was the type of kid who couldn't stand being told what to do and I wouldn't. I wasn't little mister goodie two-shoe. I was suspended once and put in in-school-suspension six times. And I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I believe students should have the right to choose.

As far as the childhood anxiety, depression, etc from loneliess... you are correct on that account, but having to go and socially interact with a mask covering your face 100% of the time is honestly worse than no social interaction. You take away the element of looking good and feeling good. You end up with miserable social interaction. Out of the three choices, if you can't have fully social maskless interaction due to a pandemic, it's better to just interact online through webex/skype/zoom/MS teams calls.
    You're being dramatic. Did you throw a fit about having to wear a shirt and shoes to school? Kids handled mask mandates way better than most of the whinny adults have. But given the choice of course they'll take them off because they don't fully grasp the conveniences.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    That's insane.. If the temp inside goes any higher than 68 or so it's unbearable hot it seems
    Agreed. 68 is my upper limit for inside... 75 (without humidity) for outside or 65 plus humidity.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    It's a shame that politics have influenced our handling of this pandemic that has the power to affect every person no matter of who they vote for. Even wearing a mask there is still a risk that a kid can spread COVID, but it's still a small measure that can help mitigate the spread. The district needs to foot some of the blame too because they basically said it and stopped doing anything to prevent the spread. NISD had protective barriers between students which have all but been removed from the classroom (except one little bas in my kids class who has them not to have protection from the kid next to them breathing all up on them but instead because their dumb parents created a make believe health issue that prevents them from wearing a mask) and I see no social distancing of any kind.
    Thank goodness I left NISD far behind in 2013, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Day 4 of omnicron for me

Think I've cleared the worst of it. Didn't feel any worse than any other flu I've had (never got the OG rona) except for the lower back pain. Congestion, fatigue, and some chills but not much other than that. No fever or cough really.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I'm still having the occasional cough especially after drinking some generic walmart imodium green liquid today. I had a bad stomach this morning and now the cough is coming back. I'm still avoiding overexterting my left arm/left side too much and no more basketball for at least another week. Need a good night's sleep.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Your back issue is spot on with worldwide symptoms.

I will ask a question that you of course do not have to answer but it would help me clear some things up with others.
    Did you have any sort of lung problems before this, or smoke a good deal before all this?
    No lung issues. I don't smoke tobacco at all, I do smoke weed though. I usually just take a couple bong hits and that's it

Day 4 of omnicron for me

Think I've cleared the worst of it. Didn't feel any worse than any other flu I've had (never got the OG rona) except for the lower back pain. Congestion, fatigue, and some chills but not much other than that. No fever or cough really.
    Man.. don't jinx it. I thought the same thing day 3 and here i am like 7 days later and still feel like I'm not 100%. Days 6-8 ended up being the worst just for the fatigue and body aches, plus i started getting fevers when I was asleep

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In other news, the dumb s over at NISD just decided to go back to a mask mandate after omicron has already ravaged their staff, students and families. ing morons also had the schools closed because it was 38 degrees. Morons.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Man.. don't jinx it. I thought the same thing day 3 and here i am like 7 days later and still feel like I'm not 100%. Days 6-8 ended up being the worst just for the fatigue and body aches, plus i started getting fevers when I was asleep
    I went back to work today. New guidelines are you are good to return 5 days after symptoms, if your symptoms have improved. I know a good amount of family/coworkers that have had a similar experience with omnicron. You might just be one of the unlucky ones.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Day 4 of omnicron for me

Yup sounds like covid

Just the sniffles

Cheers

Thread Information