Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    didn't Poeltl get rim checked on a dunk recently when he was like two feet from it? maybe thats why he's afraid to dunk. i've never in my life seen a 7 foot player get rim checked on a dunk from the restricted area

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kid was playing with arguably the two worst players in the league in Forbes and Eubanks. Pop was better off pulling two guys out the stands than playing those two jokers.
    Exactly, Primo is surrounded by sh!t players when he's on the court. Pop would be better off cutting Forbes and signing some G-leaguers to 10-day contracts. Maybe we'd find someone worth a darn. We know with Forbes we've got no-upside trash, yet he continues to get minutes that other guys could be using.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For 3 quarters when the spurs were going toe to toe with the knicks i thought DJ team ran the team as well as could ask of him. He was extra efficient and gave his teammates great looks. Damn shame his teammates couldnt capitalise and the spurs were undermanned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haliburton tbqh.....
    The one that got away though I love Dev and think he will show why in the long run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one that got away though I love Dev and think he will show why in the long run.
    I'm not that sure, tbh. I was full-on Hali before the draft, and these years of Vassell (and Hali ofc) haven't made me change my mind in the slightest. Devin's defense is very good and he can shoot it at times, but he's way too passive and comfortable with deferring, or rather, very uncomfortable with trying to "be the man" and step up on offense at any time. He'll flash a pull-up J or two per game that shows the "potential" that's there, followed with a whole buncha' nothing.

I'm expecting that from Lonnie, not Devin, FFS. And meanwhile, Hali was practically born with "the guy" instincts, and has taken over several games for the Kings and won them (in the past, you could've said "yeah but that's the KINGS, there's an actual system and pecking order in SanAn; but now? Not really). He literally single-handedly won them the game last time we played them, whilst Devin had 11 measly points (of course, PPG ain't everything, but the contrast was stark). And, in a shooter's and ballhandler's league, it doesn't really look like Hali has reached his ceiling or is close to it - he's gotten much cleaner as a passer, and leads the NBA in stepback 3's (a kind of shot literally no one on the Spurs, except maybe Primo, can even generate).

So yeah, I'm pulling for a Devin makeover this off-season or the next, but... It's not looking so good right now, IMO.

Thread Information