Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Herschel Walker seems unsure whether he's running for House or Senate

he seemed to mistake which chamber of Congress he hoped to serve and

appeared to believe his election would determine control of the Senate,

which was already decided narrowly in Democrats' favor last month.

“They’re not [less motivated] because

they know right now that the House will be even Repugs won the House

so they don’t want to understand what is happening right now,” Walker told Politico.

“You get the House,

you get the committees.

You get all the committees even,

they just stall things within there.

So if we keep a check on Joe Biden,

we just going to keep a check on him.”

https://www.rawstory.com/herschel-walker-senate

So CTE poster child HW is running for the House, which is "even"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rev 55 to walker 44, 35%

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The black man beat the dumb nigger. All is good with the world
    https://news.yahoo.com/sen-raphael-w...032902333.html

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Truth: Trump called my dad for months DEMANDING that he run," Christian tweeted Tuesday night. "Everyone with a brain begged him: 'PLEASE DON'T DO THIS. This is too dirty, you have an insane past… PLEASE DONT DO THIS.' We got the middle finger. He ran."

This was Trump’s “come be my chimp” moment to prove to the red team he can get anyone to win an important political position.
    And he almost got it done. The red team can’t just do away with Trump, he still has pull. Especially with white disenfranchised voters who need someone to blame for their failure. It makes sense for Herschel to resonate with them. He is exactly what they expect black men to be. And… He WILL follow orders.

The blue team has been charged with a version of this as well; Milder but somewhat the same. Court black voters and then forget about it. But the blue team will publicly discuss the problem.

Btw… The Trump crew and their red money abandoned Walker 2nd time around. Gotta save for that run in 2024. The midterms were already a failure so they pulled the rug on Walker this time. And it was still close.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some Repugs want to be done with Trash,

but they refuse because they know they must not alienate Trash's base

Been like that in Trash won in 11-2016

No matter how many Repug losses due to Trash's influence or pics, Trash brainwashed, ignorant, stupid base will not abandon him.

The Trash cult won't vote Dem, but if they get pissed at Repugs, they will stay home on voting day

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some Repugs want to be done with Trash,

but they refuse because they know they must not alienate Trash's base

Been like that in Trash won in 11-2016

No matter how many Repug losses due to Trash's influence or pics, Trash brainwashed, ignorant, stupid base will not abandon him.

The Trash cult won't vote Dem, but if they get pissed at Repugs, they will stay home on voting day
    The Dems should have just went with Biden instead of literally the worst possible Dem candidate in 2016, then all of this would have been avoided and Trump would be on a golf course not caring about politics for years by now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dems should have just went with Biden instead of literally the worst possible Dem candidate in 2016, then all of this would have been avoided and Trump would be on a golf course not caring about politics for years by now
    Qualifications: Brain dead via football injuries or, if you are white, must be male and 1000 years old.

I see a problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Qualifications: Brain dead via football injuries or, if you are white, must be male and 1000 years old.

I see a problem.
    HRC is, was, and will always be unelectable. It would have been a real stain and a slap to all women that if the first female president had been one that was only a thing because of the coattails of her husband.

Harris beats out HRC in that department, but she's also unelectable because she's of below average intelligence and comes of as more of an autistic flip flopper than anything else.

Someone like Gretchen Whitmer is who the Dems should be looking at if they want a legitimate non-coattail female candidate to run for POTUS. Someone like AOC is too polarizing and wouldn't crack 40% of the popular vote. The other choices are less appealing... Amy Klobuchar is fat and already failed, Stacey Abrams is an absolute joke, Katie Hobbs is brand new and barely beat out a QAnon opponent, while Whitmer won by 11% in a less than favorable national environment over a decent female challenger who was pretty good on the issues. Electoral juggernaut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh herschel walker lost because he went too woke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HRC is, was, and will always be unelectable. It would have been a real stain and a slap to all women that if the first female president had been one that was only a thing because of the coattails of her husband.

Harris beats out HRC in that department, but she's also unelectable because she's of below average intelligence and comes of as more of an autistic flip flopper than anything else.

Someone like Gretchen Whitmer is who the Dems should be looking at if they want a legitimate non-coattail female candidate to run for POTUS. Someone like AOC is too polarizing and wouldn't crack 40% of the popular vote. The other choices are less appealing... Amy Klobuchar is fat and already failed, Stacey Abrams is an absolute joke, Katie Hobbs is brand new and barely beat out a QAnon opponent, while Whitmer won by 11% in a less than favorable national environment over a decent female challenger who was pretty good on the issues. Electoral juggernaut.
    After the insights you provided below, people should listen to you?

Fetterman is losing. Big.
    538 still has Fetterman, Hassan (ok), and Kelly winning... two of those three aren't going to happen.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Walker almost certainly will win, but the Dems' best shot (aside from primarying out Warnock, which they won't) is to run a white moderate-ish third party candidate to hope to extract white rural voters away from Walker. So Walker can't reach the 50% threshold and it would go to a runoff in Jan. 2023 with Warnock vs. Walker in which Warnock would theoretically have a better chance in such a runoff than in an otherwise red-wave November.
    Another brilliant prediction from Majewski_Messiah

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    tbh herschel walker lost because he went too woke
    The GOP went woke with an affirmative action nomination for senate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The amount of cope on Twitter about how Arizona and Georgia are "still red states" is hilarious.

Both states were trending left before Trump ever came along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another brilliant prediction from Majewski_Messiah
    Then again.... Walker, Oz, Masters, and Laxalt were all over 70% chance to win on EDay before the polls closed, not just on predic but even on 538, and by pretty much any consistent mainstream media metric.

It was a blue surprise for sure.

Also, lol at Majewski. Trump will try to get him to run for Senate in 2024

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Also, lol at Majewski. Trump will try to get him to run for Senate in 2024
    As much as that'd be a dream for me, it's not happening.

Steve Daines already said that Rick Scott's NRSC policy of not meddling in primaries is over.

Not sure how effective it'll be but Daines is definitely gonna spend money to help mainstream Republicans win primaries in OH/MT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of cope on Twitter about how Arizona and Georgia are "still red states" is hilarious.

kemp still won pretty handily, though.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    kemp still won pretty handily, though.
    Sure, partially due to Abrams running a cringe campaign, but also because when states shift parties the change always starts at the federal level and works its way down ballot.

The Dems being able to sweep all the major statewide races in AZ (Gov/SoS/AG) was only because of how spectacularly bad the GOP candidate was in every race.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Walker was clearly Trump's man.
    No doubt the red team would like a take back on that particular race.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MTG insulted CTE Herschel didn't invite her to campaign, caused him to lose

Loud white woman lawmaker from Georgia thinks she could have gotten Herschel Walker elected

dailykos.com/stories/2022/12/7/2140574/-Loud-white-woman-lawmaker-from-Georgia-thinks-she-could-have-gotten-Herschel-Walker-elected

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Walker was clearly Trump's man.
    No doubt the red team would like a take back on that particular race.
    And "race" can be taken either way and still be true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as that'd be a dream for me, it's not happening.

Steve Daines already said that Rick Scott's NRSC policy of not meddling in primaries is over.

Not sure how effective it'll be but Daines is definitely gonna spend money to help mainstream Republicans win primaries in OH/MT.
    Right. Trump can hand pick out his candidates in the ruby red states like WV / Utah that will never vote blue again anyway. But Daines is Montana and he wants a GOP senate mate in his own state no matter how he'll get it. That house representative in MT-01 barely won, so he's not going to be considered (Zinke?)... also I wouldn't run Rosendale again.

IMO Jim Jordan is the clear choice candidate for Ohio 2024 senate, would appease both the McCarthy base and the MAGA base to enough extent. Some of the MAGA base doesn't like him because they think he's soft on big tech (e.g., he helped brought a lot of Silicon Valley jobs to the Columbus metro) but he's a strong candidate in any case.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Right. Trump can hand pick out his candidates in the ruby red states like WV / Utah that will never vote blue again anyway. But Daines is Montana and he wants a GOP senate mate in his own state no matter how he'll get it. That house representative in MT-01 barely won, so he's not going to be considered (Zinke?)... also I wouldn't run Rosendale again.

IMO Jim Jordan is the clear choice candidate for Ohio 2024 senate, would appease both the McCarthy base and the MAGA base to enough extent. Some of the MAGA base doesn't like him because they think he's soft on big tech (e.g., he helped brought a lot of Silicon Valley jobs to the Columbus metro) but he's a strong candidate in any case.
    Jordan has too much national recognition as a polarizing figure. People don't like national figures (just look at how Stacey Abrams did this year after making herself a national brand). The reason Sherrod Brown never runs for president is because it would ruin his chances of going back to Ohio and winning. I'd say Jordan would probably be favored against Brown but he's definitely not a good candidate and I doubt he runs. Being a rabble rouser in the lower chamber is too fun for him.

Frank LaRose would be by far Ohio's best candidate and Montana's AG (forgetting his name) would be MT's best candidate. Zinke would be a disaster; Rosendale would be better than Zinke but still a pretty bad candidate.

The problem Daines has is that both Zinke and Rosendale are making a lot of noise about running and none of the better MT candidates are.

In West Virginia Jim Justice said he might run for senate in which case Manchin won't even try to run. Justice would mop the floor against Manchin and they hate each other so Manchin wouldn't want to get destroyed by someone he hates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan has too much national recognition as a polarizing figure. People don't like national figures (just look at how Stacey Abrams did this year after making herself a national brand). The reason Sherrod Brown never runs for president is because it would ruin his chances of going back to Ohio and winning. I'd say Jordan would probably be favored against Brown but he's definitely not a good candidate and I doubt he runs. Being a rabble rouser in the lower chamber is too fun for him.

Frank LaRose would be by far Ohio's best candidate and Montana's AG (forgetting his name) would be MT's best candidate. Zinke would be a disaster; Rosendale would be better than Zinke but still a pretty bad candidate.

The problem Daines has is that both Zinke and Rosendale are making a lot of noise about running and none of the better MT candidates are.

In West Virginia Jim Justice said he might run for senate in which case Manchin won't even try to run. Justice would mop the floor against Manchin and they hate each other so Manchin wouldn't want to get destroyed by someone he hates.
    Damn.

Thats quite a few political people in widespread places to know about.
    Good stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’m shocked you entertain that mouth breather Andy tbh.

your a kinder soul than I

Thread Information