Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, partially due to Abrams running a cringe campaign, but also because when states shift parties the change always starts at the federal level and works its way down ballot.
    I dunno, Adams campaign sound pretty awesome

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone prosecute this anymore? Honest question.

In all, the emails indicate that Walker solicited a combined $700,000 in political contributions from the Washingtons, instructing that more than $600,000 of that amount be wired directly to one of his companies, HR Talent.

“That sounds like a criminal violation of the ‘soft money’ ban,” Ryan said. “It is illegal for a candidate for federal office to solicit or direct money outside of federal contribution limits. Even if the money wasn’t spent in the election, Walker would have broken the law when he directed this donor to give money above contribution limits in connection with the election.”

Washington also gave significant money to 34N22—Walker’s super PAC—making a $500,000 contribution days after Walker initially asked for the $535,200, Federal Election Commission records show.

A super PAC representative confirmed that the $500,000 came from Washington directly. And according to a person with direct knowledge of the events, that $500,000 didn’t come out of the $535,200—they were two separate transactions. That would indicate that, at least for eight months, Walker’s company directly pocketed the $535,200.
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/emails...andal?ref=wrap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information