Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Source is Quinnipiac, a typically lean-D pollster.

Interestingly, seniors/older people trending blue. Explains AZ last year, I guess. Covid has something to do with it, most likely. But millennials are starting to get married, have children and start families... when that happens, wokeism goes out the window. We saw that with a generation with Nixon in 1972 and then again with Reagan in 1984.

I don't expect the boomer blue trend to last beyond covid, though
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 01-14-2022 at 01:29 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There seems to be a trend towards libertarianism with younger people. The Ann Rand type, not the I just wanna smoke pot libertarian hippies like whinehole.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There seems to be a trend towards libertarianism with younger people. The Ann Rand type, not the I just wanna smoke pot libertarian hippies like whinehole.
    Snake, as usual with the goods.

Snake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anecdotally, few millennials are well read enough to know who Ayn is, and of that group, she's entirely mocked (justifiably). There are far more Chomsky types than Buckley/Rand fans

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just because millennials disapprove of Biden doesn't mean they're trending red.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The resident Republicans think it's expected for people to submit unanimous approval to their party leaders, so you'll forgive them for confusing things.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    especially when the millennial disapproval of Biden largely stems from his failure to get the more liberal parts of his agenda done

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    especially when the millennial disapproval of Biden largely stems from his failure to get the more liberal parts of his agenda done
    That's only really true for one state... Vermont. VT has a Biden -8 approval rating despite the fact that all the other Northeast/Mid Atlantic states (excluding VT and NH) have a positive Biden approval rating. Vermont while they would vote for Biden again are basically disgusted by Biden because he's not Bernie or equivalent.

Millennials like me are just fed up with covid and associated covid restrictions still ruining the best years of their lives... and will take it out on, and vote against, whoever the in bent president is. Trump, Biden, who cares... if covid still exists... if masks and mandates and restrictions and shutdowns and shortened hours and short staffs due to covid still exist... it's all the in bent's fault. It was Trump's fault in 2020 and so he lost re-election. Democrats would do best to get rid of covid (and restore society to 2019 normal) on the double if they want the best for their party and their in bents, from state legislatures and mayors all the way up to Biden and senators.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much. Not to mention they're first in line with I don't want to work, I want to live with my parents until I'm 28... not sure how that even comes tangentially close to Ayn Rand...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much. Not to mention they're first in line with I don't want to work, I want to live with my parents until I'm 28... not sure how that even comes tangentially close to Ayn Rand...
    With covid... what's the point of not living with parents/family when you can save money on rent, work, hassle etc. by living with family? Rent and housing are far more expensive than they've ever been even adjusted for inflation. Even before covid... unless you're going off to college or going to travel or have a partner that you're going to settle down with and get married, what's the point of just living alone when you can save money and pool resources and live with family? Obviously it's good for landlords but it doesn't make sense for the average individual.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden doesn't cause inflation.

Biden doesn't cause logistics problems and shortages.

Biden doesn't prevent nearly 40% of Americans NOT getting vaccinated, and then covid-dying at 40K/month

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They all wanted Bernie so of course they disapprove per usual, below average male height, Virgin Andy has no clue what he’s talking about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With covid... what's the point of not living with parents/family when you can save money on rent, work, hassle etc. by living with family? Rent and housing are far more expensive than they've ever been even adjusted for inflation. Even before covid... unless you're going off to college or going to travel or have a partner that you're going to settle down with and get married, what's the point of just living alone when you can save money and pool resources and live with family? Obviously it's good for landlords but it doesn't make sense for the average individual.
    This happened way before COVID, so let's move that copout out of the way. Pooling resources? There's a lot of ways to do that without living off mommy and daddy. How did generations before them did it? Having roommates, splitting rent, etc.

Plus, again, that at ude couldn't be further away from bootstraps, personal responsibility and freedom, etc...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This happened way before COVID, so let's move that copout out of the way. Pooling resources? There's a lot of ways to do that without living off mommy and daddy. How did generations before them did it? Having roommates, splitting rent, etc.

Plus, again, that at ude couldn't be further away from bootstraps, personal responsibility and freedom, etc...
    I've done the roommates schtick. It's the pits.

Bootstraps, personal responsibility and freedom, move out and live your own life once you're out of school was more applicable to the homestead era where you could sign up for a free plot of land to actually own and not rent. Now an average house will run you 400k... who has that kind of money?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bootstraps, personal responsibility and freedom, move out and live your own life once you're out of school was more applicable to the homestead era where you could sign up for a free plot of land to actually own and not rent. Now an average house will run you 400k... who has that kind of money?
    And you've done it because you wanted your freedom, that's the whole point. Of course there are tradeoffs.

House prices have been astronomical for young individuals entering the job market since the 60s or more. That never stopped Gens XYZ from moving out. Again, another copout.

Cheap credit has always been available, still is. There really is no excuse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you've done it because you wanted your freedom, that's the whole point. Of course there are tradeoffs.

House prices have been astronomical for young individuals entering the job market since the 60s or more. That never stopped Gens XYZ from moving out. Again, another copout.

Cheap credit has always been available, still is. There really is no excuse.
    Credit? Not everybody wants to be in debt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Credit? Not everybody wants to be in debt.
    Many people don't want many things. Everybody wants to be rich at 20, most people are not. Again, tradeoffs are part of life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think so. Definitely see a lot of libertarian thinking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's only really true for one state... Vermont. VT has a Biden -8 approval rating despite the fact that all the other Northeast/Mid Atlantic states (excluding VT and NH) have a positive Biden approval rating. Vermont while they would vote for Biden again are basically disgusted by Biden because he's not Bernie or equivalent.

Millennials like me are just fed up with covid and associated covid restrictions still ruining the best years of their lives... and will take it out on, and vote against, whoever the in bent president is. Trump, Biden, who cares... if covid still exists... if masks and mandates and restrictions and shutdowns and shortened hours and short staffs due to covid still exist... it's all the in bent's fault. It was Trump's fault in 2020 and so he lost re-election. Democrats would do best to get rid of covid (and restore society to 2019 normal) on the double if they want the best for their party and their in bents, from state legislatures and mayors all the way up to Biden and senators.
    Don't look up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anecdotally, few millennials are well read enough to know who Ayn is, and of that group, she's entirely mocked (justifiably). There are far more Chomsky types than Buckley/Rand fans
    Naturally because the Ayn Rand third party candidate received 3 times the amount of third party votes than the Chomsky type third party candidate in 2016.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

. Hey...can you send me your ex-roomate's info? I have a lot of questions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naturally because the Ayn Rand third party candidate received 3 times the amount of third party votes than the Chomsky type third party candidate in 2016.
    Chomsky types are largely non voters, we've known this

edit: and who's the Chomsky candidate? Mike Gravel?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chomsky types are largely non voters, we've known this

edit: and who's the Chomsky candidate? Mike Gravel?
    Jill Stein

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's what people are saying

Thread Information