Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nevermind all the jabronis who thought we had to give up Murray and a zillion picks to get that scrub Simmons over the summer... say a team wanted DJ, what would you need in return to let him go at this point?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ATL gives Trae Young and John Collings
    SAS gives Murray and Gregg CIA Pop.

Dallas gives Luca Doncic.
    Spurs give Murray and Greg CIA Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jaylen Brown would be interesting in a Murray trade imo would never happen tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two consecutive top 10 picks would be nice

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Simmons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Untradeable

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A player who I think is clearly going to be better than him AND a unprotected 1st...

SGA and an unprotected 1st that is ACTUALLY one of OKC 1st and NOT one of the first they got from another team would be as low as I would go cause I think overrall SGA will be better than Murray but I might actually be wrong there...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray's been great but people seem to overrate his trade value. I'd guess it's similar to say OG, or maybe Sabonis but probably less. He's not a seamless fit on a good team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd only trade him for a raft of draft picks. He's almost the only reason the team is compe ive right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte getting to the rim consistently now

If he keeps doing he'll be an all star very soon and it would take a lot for the spurs to trade him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a solid player that has good value but some of his numbers are more about opportunities than improvements. Until he can start winning games, he’s still not top tier. I’d put him as a fringe all star talent. But certainly room to be a solid all star. But he’s a fantasy superstar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    especially at his salary

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not Ben Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is quickly making a case to be the next retired Spurs jersey with another few years of this stuff. And he's still what, 26?

Murray ought to be off the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is quickly making a case to be the next retired Spurs jersey with another few years of this stuff. And he's still what, 26?

Murray ought to be off the table.
    just turned 25 in sept.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not trading Murray for anyone over the age of 26 and anyone who isn't a top 30 player in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not trading Murray for anyone over the age of 26 and anyone who isn't a top 30 player in the NBA.

According to advanced stats he already is a top 30 player in the league tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray's been great but people seem to overrate his trade value. I'd guess it's similar to say OG, or maybe Sabonis but probably less. He's not a seamless fit on a good team.

Murray being comparable to OG Anunoby. Agree on Sabonis though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Doesn’t matter if Spurs fans want to trade him or not. I don’t think the Spurs ever will. I don’t see how you go from leading team meetings to being traded. DJ is engrained into the Spurs’ culture now. It runs through his blood and he lives and breathes it.

DJ is not yet close to Kawhi’s level as a basketball player, but it sounds like Kawhi never reached DJ’s current level of leadership when he was on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    /thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Earlier before the season, I entertained trading DJM for Simmons. But he has proven me wrong. I think with a better record, DJM is an AS easily. I think PATFO can see this, and need to find him a tier 1/2 player to tandem with. I really hope this coming trade deadline the Spurs will be busy packaging players. Thad, I think Poltle is available and maybe Derrick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is close to untradeable now because of his growth and great contract. Deserves tons of props for his development.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its more about opportunities. He has ball more often in his hands so PPG RPG etc goes up but efficiency still on the same poor level. Id say hes the same tier player as OG or Anfernee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Doesn’t matter if Spurs fans want to trade him or not. I don’t think the Spurs ever will. I don’t see how you go from leading team meetings to being traded. DJ is engrained into the Spurs’ culture now. It runs through his blood and he lives and breathes it.

DJ is not yet close to Kawhi’s level as a basketball player, but it sounds like Kawhi never reached DJ’s current level of leadership when he was on the team.
    I've always said when Murray's play matches his at ude, he's more of a movement than a player. I've been telling RGMers for months now that the Spurs wouldn't trade him. Just yesterday, a poster there tried to use him as filler in a Poeltl trade. Bonkers. I just hope DJM is telling the truth and not pulling a Lillard where he's constantly snaking about while begging for praise for how "loyal" he is. The team needs solid ground, and he seems to be rewarding the trust the coaches and marketing team put in him. HEB needs to make time to come back and film some commercials with him, especially since it wouldn't surprise me to see one of the White/Johnson/Poeltl trio dealt this season.

I've been thinking about his contract recently. He's actually eligible for an extension and renegotiation this off-season. I wonder if he and the team can come to some agreement to give him some more money and lock him down. They could probably give him two years and $56 Million in new money while keeping the cap hits down in the $20M-$25M range. Maybe they'd have to go up higher into the $100 Million total for the life of the deal range. That would be really close to a two-year max extension but with the hits smoothed out. I don't know that he's worth THAT much, but with the way the cap is rising, they could probably get away with it without too much pain. The biggest hang-up to a renegotiation is that Murray and the Spurs signed their extension right before the deadline, and the team would need cap space available to give him the raise. Depending on how the off-season goes, the Spurs might not be able to hold space open for that long.

Thread Information