Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/g...051518642.html

The father in the article says he used the money to pay for girl scouts, ballet and acting lessons. And the democrats and liberal media are outraged that Manchin would cut that off. The money is supposed to help the truly needy. Its suppose to pay for rent, food....basic needs. Not ballet and shoes and acting lessons. You democrats are a joke.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/g...051518642.html

The father in the article says he used the money to pay for girl scouts, ballet and acting lessons. And the democrats and liberal media are outraged that Manchin would cut that off. The money is supposed to help the truly needy. Its suppose to pay for rent, food....basic needs. Not ballet and shoes and acting lessons. You democrats are a joke.
    You sure that's what the child tax credit has been for all this time? Why have non-poor parents been getting it all along and still will get it after you think it ends?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They're (media) lettin' Manchin know that if he doesn't capitulate and take Sinema with him on filibuster/voting the gloves are off and he'll not be treated as a quaint curiosity for both R's & D's ever more. That he'll be "touched."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It could be made into a monster, If we all pull together as a team

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    They're (media) lettin' Manchin know that if he doesn't capitulate and take Sinema with him on filibuster/voting the gloves are off and he'll not be treated as a quaint curiosity for both R's & D's ever more. That he'll be "touched."
    You still think Manchinema will capitulate?

Imo y’all won this round, in another 3 months it’ll be midterm season when all legislation comes to a grinding halt, and there’s almost no chance Manchinema change their mind before then.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You still think Manchinema will capitulate?

Imo y’all won this round, in another 3 months it’ll be midterm season when all legislation comes to a grinding halt, and there’s almost no chance Manchinema change their mind before then.
    60/40 he won't, but you can bet he wishes he'd a never started this . (We) never came after him when he porked us, one big reason is MSM always helped him in those times. We just shucked and limped away, but the D's have no such intention.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    60/40 he won't, but you can bet he wishes he'd a never started this . (We) never came after him when he porked us, one big reason is MSM always helped him in those times. We just shucked and limped away, but the D's have no such intention.
    I think even if Manchin flips, Sinema won't. It's unclear to me why the Dems are so focused on persuading Manchin and assuming Sinema will just follow along.

Manchin is just a stupid old man who got hit in the head one too many times playing football, Sinema is a genuine sociopath. She doesn't talk to all of the Arizona Democrats who helped her get started in national politics 10 years ago and genuinely thinks she's a future president. I think if enough pressure was put on Manchin earlier on he might have been more open to it, but there's no negotiating with someone like Sinema.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think even if Manchin flips, Sinema won't. It's unclear to me why the Dems are so focused on persuading Manchin and assuming Sinema will just follow along.

Manchin is just a stupid old man who got hit in the head one too many times playing football, Sinema is a genuine sociopath. She doesn't talk to all of the Arizona Democrats who helped her get started in national politics 10 years ago and genuinely thinks she's a future president. I think if enough pressure was put on Manchin earlier on he might have been more open to it, but there's no negotiating with someone like Sinema.
    She was crying during that last statement she made, so, they figure she's vulnerable to change. Then they found that old video of her supporting the idea of the filibuster. The Dems aren't like the Repubs...the D's never give up. It's personal with them. We'll piss and moan, but once we're scalded we walk away and cry alone, or, take it out on the wife.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    She was crying during that last statement she made, so, they figure she's vulnerable to change. Then they found that old video of her supporting the idea of the filibuster. The Dems aren't like the Repubs...the D's never give up. It's personal with them. We'll piss and moan, but once we're scalded we walk away and cry alone, or, take it out on the wife.
    There's tons of old videos of her hating on the filibuster...she doesn't give a . You can sleep easy - Sinema isn't going to budge.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Manchin's not stupid, he's a sociopath too. Look at the bag daughter he raised.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manchin is a JFK Democrat. He's one of the last vestiges of the "good" (centrist / "blue dog") Democratic Party. Assuming the GOP wins the Senate in 2022, and the map is very good for the GOP to expand in 2024 even without the West Virginia seat... the GOP can easily win the Tester seat, the Stabenow seat, the Sherrod Brown seat, the Tammy Baldwin seat etc... I hope the GOP rewards him by not running against him. Because Manchin very well may have Saved America by blocking every left wing legislation except the Nov 2021 infrastructure spending bill buying time for the GOP to win back the two chambers of Congress in Nov. 2022.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Inbred, bum? That's how it all kinda went eyed for Reynolds and Voight, et al, -Deliverance-

Remember, I believe it was Voight who peeked into the home of that one family and an inbred child was in there. I told this story before, but being Saturday I'll tell it again. I was working for the Cleveland Plain Dealer as a circulation director. I had to go out to this home on the near West side to see about a delivery problem. Bad neighborhood. I peeked in, everything looked kosher, so I knocked and was granted entrance. Some hillbilly woman looked like grandma Walton with a beard. "I'll get him." She walked away. The house was filled with horseflies. Nosy me, I shifted over and peeked into this room off the entry way. And there was this baby crib against the far wall. "Don't go over there, Dale." I said to myself. I didn't listen as I usually don't. And walked on over, looked down in there. Christ, it was an inbred guy, like a midget in a diaper, a full one with a five o'clock shadow. me.

I don't much remember after that except driving home to Girl, fast and crying on her shoulder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manchin is a JFK Democrat. He's one of the last vestiges of the "good" (centrist / "blue dog") Democratic Party. Assuming the GOP wins the Senate in 2022, and the map is very good for the GOP to expand in 2024 even without the West Virginia seat... the GOP can easily win the Tester seat, the Stabenow seat, the Sherrod Brown seat, the Tammy Baldwin seat etc... I hope the GOP rewards him by not running against him. Because Manchin very well may have Saved America by blocking every left wing legislation except the Nov 2021 infrastructure spending bill buying time for the GOP to win back the two chambers of Congress in Nov. 2022.
    JFK wanted a top tax rate of 65% and he was the one who proposed the Voting Rights Act, Manchin's the one killing voting rights. GTFO with this stupid .

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Manchin is a JFK Democrat.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Oh yeah Manchin is a piece of too, but he's at least listening to the arguments being made about the filibuster. Sinema has basically refused to engage in discussions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manchin is a JFK Democrat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JFK wanted a top tax rate of 65% and he was the one who proposed the Voting Rights Act, Manchin's the one killing voting rights. GTFO with this stupid .
    Lyndon Johnson

And no, Manchin isn't "killing voting rights". The VRA is already law and has been law for 57 years. Manchin isn't looking to repeal the LBJ era VRA. The left now just wants to radicalize and extend it to include illegal aliens and felons, green card holders, other non-citizens, and make it easier to vote in non-traditional ways that are susceptible to fraud and cheating, such as by mail, online, by mobile app, etc. Anyone who doesn't have anything to hide should be against all of that. It's a damn shame and a sham to this once-great nation that you have 48 Democrat Senators who are in support of this cheating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyndon Johnson

And no, Manchin isn't "killing voting rights". The VRA is already law and has been law for 57 years. Manchin isn't looking to repeal the LBJ era VRA. The left now just wants to radicalize and extend it to include illegal aliens and felons, green card holders, other non-citizens, and make it easier to vote in non-traditional ways that are susceptible to fraud and cheating, such as by mail, online, by mobile app, etc. Anyone who doesn't have anything to hide should be against all of that. It's a damn shame and a sham to this once-great nation that you have 48 Democrat Senators who are in support of this cheating.
    Kennedy is the one who proposed the VRA and would have signed it into law if he wasn't assassinated. The VRA was pretty much invalidated by the right wing supreme court, you're an idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah Manchin is a piece of too, but he's at least listening to the arguments being made about the filibuster. Sinema has basically refused to engage in discussions.
    He's only listening because muh bipartisanship. His mind has already been made up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's only listening because muh bipartisanship. His mind has already been made up.
    Which way is he gonna go?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which way is he gonna go?
    He's preserving the filibuster as it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As should the other Democrat senators. As Biden himself and Chuck Schumer once said, "ending the filibuster will make us a banana republic".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As should the other Democrat senators. As Biden himself and Chuck Schumer once said, "ending the filibuster will make us a banana republic".
    We have been a banana republic for decades now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have been a banana republic for decades now.
    You cry too much bro.

Thread Information