Joshua
    Primo

SG 31 6-13 2-3 2-2 16 1 2 3 8 2 0 2 2 0 16
    Cacok a G-League monster

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His footwork , stamina and shot is all I care about in Austin. Good to see him running….

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie just bought a house here like a week ago. Seems to me you'd wait another 4 or so months until you see if the team is gonna match any offers unless your agent is hearing they are likely to make a compe ive offer. Just doesn't make sense to buy this late in your tenure.
    Maybe, but these days a 500k House in SA is easier to offload quickly with the influx of CA and Austin folks coming in. Incredibly, that’s a steal of a price for CA folks honestly. Had it been a 7 figure home id be a different story.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His footwork , stamina and shot is all I care about in Austin. Good to see him running….
    All looked decent. He is in a good position if you ask me. He just has to show enough this year for them to guarantee next season and he is probably going to have 1/3 of the NBA season and lots of opportunity to do that. Shouldn’t be too hard to beat out Landale, Eubanks, Juancho and Thad for the main backup big role.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Back with the big boy club tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s see what we have and if he’s a keeper.

Tier 1 (Keepers)
    Murray

Tier 2 ( Wait and see )
    Primo - only because he has shown promise and it’s way too early to let go
    Vassell - I try to compare his trajectory with Murray. Did Murray flash some greatness by year 3 (non injury year)? Next year is important for Vassell to gauge his ceiling. Hopefully, he works on the right things. Right now, he’s in the weird phase of trying different things on offense. He’s nowhere near physical enough to be an ISO scorer.

Tier 3 (Culture/ Vet building blocks)
    White - but with a reducing role over time, i.e. he goes to the bench. White can become the embodiment of Spurs culture
    Keldon - Only if they’re able to keep him at a decent salary
    Landale - he’s serviceable. A good guy and is on a cheap salary. No downsides here if they can keep him.
    McDermott - It’s great to have a tall shooter after not having one for years. Every team needs a guy like McD.

Tier 4 (For the right deal, trade them)
    Poeltl - Early on the season, the team faltered while he was out. I’m thinking now that it was because Eubanks is that bad. Poeltl shines from time to time, but he makes me pull my hair out from time to time.
    KBD - honestly a weird tier for KBD to be in since he probably has no trade value. But I think he’s good enough to think twice about letting him go

Tier 5 (Meh, trade them if you can)
    Tre Jones
    Lonnie Walker
    Thad Young

Tier 6 (just let these dudes go. They hurt the team)
    Eubanks

Tierless (not sure what to do with these guys)
    Cacok
    Wieskamp
    Hernangomez

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre Jones has a career as a backup pg and a ceiling of being a second guard off the bench on a contending team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Eubanks isn't a fit. Any chance we ship him out to Phoenix or Portland?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until DJM consistently gets to the FT, I cannot call him a tier 1 player. I see him as a very good Robin, “almost” Pippen good 2way player. But he still needs a Batman.

Devin could very well be a 20+/7/3/2 guy. I don’t know if he could be a Batman though. I still don’t see that Alpha mentality in him, but maybe because he is still in his 2nd year and still getting in line. But he is a very smooth capable scorer, and he’s just going to get better the stronger he gets.

Primo, well he has the Tier 1 mentality. Let’s see if his skills catch up. He’s still very raw.

The rest are role players and could part with when opportunity to trade for a tier 1 arise.
    Last edited by John B; 01-22-2022 at 10:30 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until DJM consistently gets to the FT, I cannot call him a tier 1 player. I see him as a very good Robin, “almost” Pippen good 2way player. But he still needs a Batman.

Devin could very well be a 20+/7/3/2 guy. I don’t know if he could be a Batman though. I still don’t see that Alpha mentality in him, but maybe because he is still in his 2nd year and still getting in line. But he is a very smooth capable scorer, and he’s just going to get better the stronger he gets.

Primo, well he has the Tier 1 mentality. Let’s see if his skills catch up. He’s still very low.

The rest are role players and could part with when opportunity to trade for a tier 1 arise.
    I hear ya, but I think Dejounte was talking about this team specifically.
    He's the one guy you really want to keep unless something explosive presents itself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Primo, well he has the Tier 1 mentality. Let’s see if his skills catch up. He’s still very low.

Ehh my tier system isn’t based on how good they are compared to the rest of the league. It’s in order of who should be kept and who should go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ehh my tier system isn’t based on how good they are compared to the rest of the league. It’s in order of who should be kept and who should go.
    Yeah. Wasn't trying to put words in your mouth, but at least my interpretation was not far from the mark.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this is the end of seeing Ewwbanks play any minutes outside of garbage time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keeping Eubanks over Luka or Aminu.

LOL.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much agree with ya Dejounte - One player I keep waiting and hoping explodes is Vassell he just has so much talent and basketball IQ I am hoping it comes soon. One thought it to put him in the bench group but make him number one scorer off the bench. Just get White to set him up and feed him the ball but he just has to much talent to waste

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keeping Eubanks over Luka or Aminu.

LOL.
    Why? Samanic and Aminu have played 0 NBA games this season even during the hardship 10 day deals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? Samanic and Aminu have played 0 NBA games this season even during the hardship 10 day deals.
    Aminu was absolutely toast. Surprised to see he even got a 10 day from Boston even though he didn’t play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aminu was absolutely toast. Surprised to see he even got a 10 day from Boston even though he didn’t play.
    And Luka just sucks. Not sure why some people are still clinging the hope that this guy belongs in the NBA. Can't even get minutes on a scrub Knicks team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Luka just sucks. Not sure why some people are still clinging the hope that this guy belongs in the NBA. Can't even get minutes on a scrub Knicks team.
    Only because he has a foot injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only because he has a foot injury.
    Has he had a foot injury the last 3 years?

If Luka had shown SOME potential, he would've gotten minutes. We are currently seeing the likes of KBD and Tre Jones get plenty of minutes.

Luka either has serious at ude issues, or just isn't that good. Probably both.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Eubanks isn't a fit. Any chance we ship him out to Phoenix or Portland?

I would send him to either orlando or okc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would send him to either orlando or okc.
    Eubanks has no trade value beyond salary matching to facilitate a broader deal and in most cases would be cut by the receiving team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks has no trade value beyond salary matching to facilitate a broader deal and in most cases would be cut by the receiving team.
    I don’t know about his trade value. But teams would pick him up at free agency. He’s a high motor and works hard. Coaches love that in their team. Eubanks will always give them 110%.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes (the culprit in not keeping one of Luka/Amina) being shipped out for Hernangomez makes a lot sense right now. I mean, there's no one Hernangomez is worse than the two forwards we already cut, right?

Thread Information