Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That may be optimistic. By the stats, Eubanks is a significantly better shot blocker than Zollins. But we shall see.
    I’d take a healthy Collins over Eubanks 10/10 times! Not even close from a skills standpoint

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d take a healthy Collins over Eubanks 10/10 times! Not even close from a skills standpoint
    Eubanks would squash Collins like grapes . But yeah on skills, Collins >>>> Eubanks.
    That Eubanks block inside the net though and he was puzzled what he did wrong

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks would squash Collins like grapes . But yeah on skills, Collins >>>> Eubanks.
    That Eubanks block inside the net though and he was puzzled what he did wrong
    Squash like grapes? Nah, I doubt that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That may be optimistic. By the stats, Eubanks is a significantly better shot blocker than Zollins. But we shall see.
    Rim protection isn’t the same thing a shot blocking. Marcus Camby was a high level shot blocker, but you could score in the paint on his teams. Rim protection is proper positioning and contesting, limiting the FG% in the restricted area. Think Tiago Splitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins in his Portland days had very good rim protection stats. Far better than what Eubanks is capable of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did anyone see how he did in the Austin game last night? Did he play?

Edit: Nevermind I see he didn't play. Did he get recalled?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Didn’t play, still with Austin though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did his foot implode already?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did his foot implode already?
    Hopefully not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's not playing road games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He was on the Spurs bench in street clothes last night, SA Spurs that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he’s scheduled to play in Austin, tonight, and then be recalled and hopefully activated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said in an interview he thought he would be in Austin tonight and then his status would be revisted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard he is going to play 4 Austin games before getting any playing time with the big boys. Which makes since cause you could tell he was not yet in basketball condition his first game back and ZERO reason to rush him back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard he is going to play 4 Austin games before getting any playing time with the big boys. Which makes since cause you could tell he was not yet in basketball condition his first game back and ZERO reason to rush him back
    He basically said they will reassess after tonight’s game. Depends on how his body feels. I’d leave him in Austin for a few weeks if it were up to me. Main club is at full strength and probably want to find some minutes for Juancho. Only reason to rush to get him NBA time is if you are seriously considering moving Jak at the deadline dependent on Collins’ play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a long read . But yeah, going through all that and being patient, I think it defines character. He loves basketball and wants to get better. If it all pans out, and he hasn’t lost his lateral mobility, the Spurs would’ve picked up a very good player. Jalen Rose compared him to Laimbeer. Besides the dirty plays, for his grits and what he could do as a mobile big. He could be a diamond in a rough for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s a long read . But yeah, going through all that and being patient, I think it defines character. He loves basketball and wants to get better. If it all pans out, and he hasn’t lost his lateral mobility, the Spurs would’ve picked up a very good player. Jalen Rose compared him to Laimbeer. Besides the dirty plays, for his grits and what he could do as a mobile big. He could be a diamond in a rough for the Spurs.
    I probably should have just summarized lol but yeah at least it shows how hungry he is to get out there and play again. If his body allows for it he is going to be a solid backup for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I probably should have just summarized lol but yeah at least it shows how hungry he is to get out there and play again. If his body allows for it he is going to be a solid backup for us.
    Portland was starting him when he got hurt. A solid backup is great, but he was a lottery pick and could still be our starting PF if everything pans out. Keldon I’m afraid is just too overpowered at 4, and really plays more like a 3 and D very little on the D. Yup, I’m hoping Zollins is Spurs answer on 4 and help Poeltl on the paint.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland was starting him when he got hurt. A solid backup is great, but he was a lottery pick and could still be our starting PF if everything pans out. Keldon I’m afraid is just too overpowered at 4, and really plays more like a 3 and D very little on the D. Yup, I’m hoping Zollins is Spurs answer on 4 and help Poeltl on the paint.
    We have an incredible amount of cap space and are likely picking in the top 10 range the next few years. We can do better for our starters. I’m hoping for the best in Zollins but if Jak and Zollins are your long term starting 4 and 5 we are eternally fked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have an incredible amount of cap space and are likely picking in the top 10 range the next few years. We can do better for our starters. I’m hoping for the best in Zollins but if Jak and Zollins are your long term starting 4 and 5 we are eternally fked.
    Our roster has 6 of our FRPs, DJ, White, Lonnie, Keldon, Devin, and Primo. Those players lack size, so if you happen upon a former lottery pick like Zollins, and maybe Smith too, you go for it. Other than Poeltl, most of the rest of the roster are just guys…Eubanks, Young, Landale. We only have one FRP for the next 3 drafts, so that would be pretty slow roster turnover. There’s absolutely no reason you don’t keep Zollins if he’s healthy, sign Smith, and draft a big this year. Three lottery and former lottery bigs is not a problem in my book. If Zollins shows out, he’ll probably leave the year after Poeltl. If you sign Smith this summer, his contract would end the year after that. You don’t let them all walk, but it would be good if they all played so well that it was a tough decision. You could also maybe leverage one or more into draft capital if there is a logjam.
    Last edited by exstatic; 01-21-2022 at 06:27 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup… And I’m guilty picking on Poeltl. But I feel Poeltl could be way better along side another big (or at least not a 6’4 PF). It’s when Poeltl helps that his big guy ally op on him. KBD is actually very good. He can defend 1-4 and arguably small 5. But I like that swagger in Zollins that Spurs sorely miss. Agree Spurs need to draft an athletic big or I don’t know what FA brings. But for now, I’m rooting for Zollins. Laimbeer!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our roster has 6 of our FRPs, DJ, White, Lonnie, Keldon, Devin, and Primo. Those players lack size, so if you happen upon a former lottery pick like Zollins, and maybe Smith too, you go for it. Other than Poeltl, most of the rest of the roster are just guys…Eubanks, Young, Landale. We only have one FRP for the next 3 drafts, so that would be pretty slow roster turnover.
    I don’t even know what you are arguing here. I like Zollins potential but am hoping we can upgrade our starting lineup via what is likely a few top lottery picks in the next few years and an abundance of cap space.

Not sure where you got the idea that we only have one FRP for the next 3 drafts. We own all of our future FRPs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our roster has 6 of our FRPs, DJ, White, Lonnie, Keldon, Devin, and Primo. Those players lack size, so if you happen upon a former lottery pick like Zollins, and maybe Smith too, you go for it. Other than Poeltl, most of the rest of the roster are just guys…Eubanks, Young, Landale. We only have one FRP for the next 3 drafts, so that would be pretty slow roster turnover. There’s absolutely no reason you don’t keep Zollins if he’s healthy, sign Smith, and draft a big this year. Three lottery and former lottery bigs is not a problem in my book. If Zollins shows out, he’ll probably leave the year after Poeltl. If you sign Smith this summer, his contract would end the year after that. You don’t let them all walk, but it would be good if they all played so well that it was a tough decision. You could also maybe leverage one or more into draft capital if there is a logjam.
    Where did you get that we have 1 FRP in next 3 years? We own all our FRP and together with the Chicago FRP, we have 4 FRP in the next 3 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game starts at 7:30 pm CST

Thread Information