Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The tank is over. Zach Collins aka Kevin McHale-light has arrived.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo assigned too, so looks like we'll see them both tonight in Austin.
    Help get Zollins back to gameshape

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Zollins still has the lateral, it'd be great! KBD is doing a great job of what Spurs could expect from him, but Zollins is a definite upgrade and should be a more consistent scorer while also able to do some C duties
    Collins has never been an upgrade to KBD. In his best year, he was still a net-negative guy. Hopefully he gets back to where he needs to be physically this year and then next shows some massive improvement, but I don't expect him to earn a rotation spot, especially not at the combo-forward minutes Keita is getting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously don't understand the hype here on this guy. Was he really even that great when on the rare times he was healthy ? I hope he works out but damn...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok so they getting him ready to get minutes with the main squad. My guess is like 3 G-League games and then they’ll bring him up, just like Landale. I really hope he can get close to his pre-injury self. The Zollins move panning out would be huge for this team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins has never been an upgrade to KBD. In his best year, he was still a net-negative guy. Hopefully he gets back to where he needs to be physically this year and then next shows some massive improvement, but I don't expect him to earn a rotation spot, especially not at the combo-forward minutes Keita is getting.
    Zach will be better at the four than KBD if healthy…….book it!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad times in spurs land when I am actually excited to see Collins play in the g league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad times in spurs land when I am actually excited to see Collins play in the g league
    I think some of Spurs loses were they’re thin at the bigs rotation, including Poeltl being out. I think Zollins can really help in that if healthy. And I like the fight in him, the swagger that sometimes is lacking in our roster

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many games before Spurstalk start calling him a scrub and bum. He does have an impressive girlfriend.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I have heard from Blazer fans is that he's a taller poor man's version of David Lee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I have heard from Blazer fans is that he's a taller poor man's version of David Lee.
    David Lee was an All-Star at some point in his career

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A really weird comparison since their games don't seem similar at all. Lee wasn't an outside threat, for one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A really weird comparison since their games don't seem similar at all. Lee wasn't an outside threat, for one.
    David Lee's career 3pt% is kind of hilarious: 1 for 29, spread out over 14 seasons, for a 3.4%!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s playing.

it is on right now.

collins is on the perimeter alot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unable to see the game how is Zollins and Primo performing. Seems like Zollins has the worst +/- and Primo has 4 TO in a half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t much watch much of Collins when he was with the Blazers. I tuned in the second quarter of this game. Collins reminds me so much of Luka Samanic. A version that has less handles, but more able to play in the interior without being pushed around like a softie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, so I liked what I saw. Tonight’s game kind of confirms my su ion that it was Collins who pushed Luka out of the roster, and not KBD, or to better put it, Collins pushed Luka out first and then KBD was the nail in the coffin. I think that since Collins looks identical as a player to Luka, it speaks volumes about how the Spurs viewed Luka and that it was probably beyond a talent issue and moreso a locker room fit. Since Zach has been a Spur, he’s participated in so many local charities and looks like he gets along with many players on the roster. It’s interesting that the Spurs are bent on finding a player of this archetype… tall, agile, and can shoot 3’s. They started with Gay, then Lyles, then Luka, and now Zach. They ARE trying to get taller and they’re looking for a specific type. They just have not been successful… until perhaps maybe now? Time will tell…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big news. Feels like maybe the season is finally starting.
    Spurs
    Peak
    After
    March

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What it looks like what we’ve got with Collins: a player who can play both 4 and 5, perhaps better than any other player on the roster. Landale is too slow for the 4. Thaddeus is too short and slow. Poeltl and Eubanks can’t shoot 3’s.

If you look back in time farther, we haven’t had a player who can play 4 and 5 since Boris Diaw. Lyles provided no shot blocking. LMA was too slow for the 4. Gay provided no interior presence. Samanic was too soft inside.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Lee was an All-Star at some point in his career
    I said poor man's David Lee not that he was going to be the actual David Lee. Safe to say a poor man's David Lee is never going to be an all-star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO, the main difference between Luka and Collins is that Luka loves to “hero ball” from the perimeter and show off his Youtube handles from the perimeter to drive to the hoop. Collins looks like he’s content with spotting up from 3 and you can dump the ball to him inside and he surprisingly has some nice post moves.

Thread Information