Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Sean commented, Zollins is still playing at a 100mph out there. It will take some time to let the game slow down on him. At this point he’s not the answer to Poeltl, yet. I don’t know if that game was enough to make a determination as Zollins has still a lot to work on.

Poeltl does a lot that Zollins cannot do, yet. What Poeltl lacks on on-man defense, he is great at help-defense. I only wish he doesn’t overhelp sometimes and leaves his guy for (most of the time) open dunks. Good to great rebounder. Also Poeltl is starting to develop a great offense, getting more aggressive. I hope it continues. He still needs to work on his freethrow a lot obviously. But he has the form and should get better. Great at setting the pnr and cuts well to the rim . I wish he could finish more with a dunk (it is a higher percentage and also demoralizing to the opponent). And he’s starting to post more, and drive to the basket, albeit still settling with a floater instead of banging it inside with authority, moving his defender and dunking (oh I just wish he does). Poeltl has great court vision, but I wish he works more on his footworks inside, a couple of up and down fakes, and dunk with authority. Getting back to the point, Poeltl still does a lot that Zollins cannot do, yet. Zollins already had problem with Sengun last night, granted Sengun is very crafty at lowpost. I wish Zollins can do more, because Poeltl could be very valuable to contenders who like to add a very capable big. And easily could get us a FRP, and maybe pave way for that elusive tier 1. He is young and cheap for what he could do. I was a strong critic, but I would hate Poeltl go without suitable replacement, someone who’s not going to get bullied in the middle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach looks too slow to be PF and frankly to slow to be super effective as center
    But we will see

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the most important thing Collins has to show is rim protection. We need that off the bench more than anything. He still needs to get in shape so I hope his lateral mobility gets a lot better, but I don't see him as a 4. He's a 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guy hasn't played NBA basketball in like 2 years. I know he got some warm-up in the GLeague, but let's not be too quick to judge in his first 14 minutes of action.
    Last edited by Dex; 02-05-2022 at 01:08 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Starting off against Houston is definitely a good way to build confidence.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m over here laughing�� Most of you really don’t know this but Collins can play defense well! Give him some time to get his legs back and he will improve exponentially. Shooting, passing, footwork Collins is light years ahead of poodle! He will be our best big once healthy! Book it!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention he has Timmy to work with!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach looks too slow to be PF and frankly to slow to be super effective as center
    But we will see
    Yup, I too analyzed his entire career based off 10 minutes of playing time and 5 minutes of garbage time.

Dump the bum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention he has Timmy to work with!
    Meh so did Softridge.

I'm sure Zollins can ball.
    Issue will be staying healthy and on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The main thing I noticed about Zollins, that I didn’t expect, is how sure handed he is. Unusually good hands. Good court vision, too, looking for assist possibilities. Team oriented, that is. For his first time on the floor in forever, he looked good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, I too analyzed his entire career based off 10 minutes of playing time and 5 minutes of garbage time.

Dump the bum.
    I think you overreact like lots do on the inter web to what I stated. Zach is talented. He did not move anything like I remember from his Balzer days.
    To be viable he needs to move better than one days so far. We will see.
    Jerk

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you overreact like lots do on the inter web to what I stated. Zach is talented. He did not move anything like I remember from his Balzer days.
    To be viable he needs to move better than one days so far. We will see.
    Jerk

Considering how long he was out, don't expect anything before the next season.
    It's always more difficult for bigs to look good when they return from injuries, not to mention switching teams also plays a big role. And it's not like we're good on defense.

I'm not optimistic because of his injury history, but come next season he'll definitely be better than Eubanks, which isn't that hard, but still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is the tank derailed or was the Rockets game just a one game aberration by a team who's tank is better then the Spurs incompetence?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is the tank derailed or was the Rockets game just a one game aberration by a team who's tank is better then the Spurs incompetence?
    I don't think we know for sure until the deadline passes..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tank or not this team is bad not terrible like the Rockets so we are still lottery bound. The question is will we be more likely to get a top 4 pick vs a 6 to 11 pick?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully we continue to lose while gaining continuity….. we’ll get something good out of the draft hopefully.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are so much better than the Rockets.
    This Spurs team has lost so many close games this season.
    It would only take adding one really good player to switch those around and make this a playoff roster.

I think everyone except DJM has to be on the table as a possible trade if any of them can get us that player we need.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are so much better than the Rockets.
    This Spurs team has lost so many close games this season.
    It would only take adding one really good player to switch those around and make this a playoff roster.

I think everyone except DJM has to be on the table as a possible trade if any of them can get us that player we need.
    No primo sir

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tank or not this team is bad not terrible like the Rockets so we are still lottery bound. The question is will we be more likely to get a top 4 pick vs a 6 to 11 pick?
    Definitely the latter. Spurs are gonna around and win just enough games to miss out on a top-5 pick yet again. Especially if Zollins continues to play well. Sucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely the latter. Spurs are gonna around and win just enough games to miss out on a top-5 pick yet again. Especially if Zollins continues to play well. Sucks.
    Stop
    Thinking
    Of
    The
    Final
    standings
    As
    The
    Draft
    Order

Of the 12 drawn slots over the past 3 drafts with the new flat odds, 7 teams outside the 4 jumped into the 4. #7 has jumped in for all 3 drafts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup...last year the 28th Magic dropped from 3rd pick to 8th

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't drop from 3rd to 8th. Not possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zollins has the swagger that Poeltl sometimes lacks. I just hope his legs could get back their mobility, because he could play some 4 depends on the compe ion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yup...last year the 28th Magic dropped from 3rd pick to 8th
    You can't drop from 3rd to 8th. Not possible.
    Yeah, the Magic's natural pick last year was fifth. The eighth pick they had came from Chicago in the Vuc trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep reading posts hoping Collins can play the 4 sometimes and I just don't see it.
    I hope I'm wrong. That would be awesome.
    I'm excited to see what he brings to the team but I don't see the lateral mobility required to guard 4s much less smaller players after a switch.
    He's a 5 all the day.

Thread Information