My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fan vote weighs the heaviest when it comes to starter selection, representing 50-percent of the final tally.

Popped gave a self defeating loser quote to Paul Garcia about how DJ won't make it because the Spurs suck so much.

At least try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game tickets giveaway.
    Maybe they will do another game.

San Antonio Spurs on Twitter: "TICKET GIVEAWAY! We’ve got a pair of �� for tomorrow’s game. Want them? Here’s how: 1️⃣ Follow us 2️⃣ RT to vote #DejounteMurray for #NBAAllStar 3️⃣ Quote tweet or reply with a screenshot of your vote for DJ on https://t.co/0Oa9RiTHZr or the NBA App We’ll pick a winner at 7pm CT! https://t.co/vVRtNf049i" / Twitter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Dejounte is having a great season. That said, dude is not even in the Top 10 of voting for WC guards.

Guards

1. Stephen Curry (GSW) – 4,463,426
    2. Ja Morant (MEM) – 1,633,313
    3. Luka Dončić (DAL) – 1,410,605
    4. Klay Thompson (GSW) – 749,038
    5. Devin Booker (PHX) – 648,317
    6. Russell Westbrook (LAL) – 576,512
    7. Chris Paul (PHX) – 561,896
    8. Donovan Mitc (UTA) – 441,247
    9. Damian Lillard (POR) – 364,217
    10. Anthony Edwards (MIN) – 224,293

Considering only two guards get picked from the fan vote, there is no way in he is getting in as a starter. His only chance is the coaches vote, but the Spurs record surely isn't doing him any favors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Dejounte is having a great season. That said, dude is not even in the Top 10 of voting for WC guards.

Considering only two guards get picked from the fan vote, there is no way in he is getting in as a starter. His only chance is the coaches vote, but the Spurs record surely isn't doing him any favors.
    So they post the votes as they come in.
    Fark.
    Golden got base is wayy ahead in ballot stuffing. Probably all the Bay Area / Silicon Valley techy types with 4000 profiles.
    Klanus Thompson over Booker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Guards

1. Stephen Curry (GSW) – 4,463,426
    2. Ja Morant (MEM) – 1,633,313
    3. Luka Dončić (DAL) – 1,410,605
    4. Klay Thompson (GSW) – 749,038
    5. Devin Booker (PHX) – 648,317
    6. Russell Westbrook (LAL) – 576,512
    7. Chris Paul (PHX) – 561,896
    8. Donovan Mitc (UTA) – 441,247
    9. Damian Lillard (POR) – 364,217
    10. Anthony Edwards (MIN) – 224,293

That’s a shame because he deserves to go there more than many players in this top 10.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His only chance is the coaches vote, but the Spurs record surely isn't doing him any favors.
    Per NBA.com:
    Along with the fan vote, the other 50-percent is split between the media panel and the current NBA players ballot — 25-percent each.

Do the coaches vote if and only if a voted player opts out / injury out?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per NBA.com:
    Along with the fan vote, the other 50-percent is split between the media panel and the current NBA players ballot — 25-percent each.

Do the coaches vote if and only if a voted player opts out / injury out?
    Coaches vote for all of the reserves, 14 in total (7 from each conference): https://quintevents.com/blog/how-nba...r-voting-works

Adam Silver and the NBA decide any injury replacements.
    Last edited by Dex; 01-17-2022 at 11:53 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ’s having a great season but no way he makes the All-Star game unless it’s as an injury replacement and even that’s a long shot. Too many Guards and Wings ahead of him in the West + he plays on a bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The West is tough for guards. Unless the Spurs start winning, that top 9 will be hard to crack, and that obviously isn't happening this year. I'd love to see him get an inclusion somehow though. This would be two straight years without a Spurs all-star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The West is tough for guards. Unless the Spurs start winning, that top 9 will be hard to crack, and that obviously isn't happening this year. I'd love to see him get an inclusion somehow though. This would be two straight years without a Spurs all-star.
    Well said.

I do think Dejounte deserves it over many of the guys on the list I posted, but that's just the fan popularity vote. Obviously someone like Klay doesn't deserve to be an All-Star when he has only played a handful of games this season, but that's why the fan vote is stupid.

That said, many of those guys WILL make it over Dejounte as reserves, not only because of name recognition but because they are playing extremely well. Steph is obviously a lock, but I foresee Morant, Luka, Booker, and probably Paul all easily making it. Lillard and Mitc are dark horses but have been injured. That pretty much fills the guard spots, so DJs only chance is as a wild-card.

Like I said, he probably won't garner much consideration because the Spurs record is terrible, and also because...well, we are the Spurs.

DeRozan is having a of a season...but it's only marginally better than how he played with San Antonio the last couple years, and he somehow went from an All-Star snub to a leading vote getter because he is playing in a big market and for a winning team. For better or worse, the Spurs effect is real.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think DJ’s best bet is an injury replacement. Madam Silver may give us spot since we didn’t get one last year. Still a long shot tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can cross out Westbrook, Lillard and Klay. That helps. Now it’s really just a matter of the coaches. But still we should do our part and at least vote for him. It’s sad to see him not even in the top 10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reminder one vote PER DAY is allowed.
    You can cross out Westbrook, Lillard and Klay. That helps. Now it’s really just a matter of the coaches. But still we should do our part and at least vote for him. It’s sad to see him not even in the top 10
    That's the spirit.

Thread Information