My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there some good reason in the Covid outage season of 21-22 Ca and his 25 PER has not gotten any more backup run since he came up?

v Brooklyn narrow 121-119 OT loss
    16 min
    8 pts (4-5)
    6 boards
    2 blocks
    2 steals

v NYK
    23 min
    6 pts (3-5)
    10 boards
    2 blocks
    1 steal

Any Dejuan Blair resemblance?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there some good reason in the Covid outage season of 21-22 Ca and his 25 PER has not gotten any more backup run since he came up?

v Brooklyn narrow 121-119 OT loss
    16 min
    8 pts (4-5)
    6 boards
    2 blocks
    2 steals

v NYK
    23 min
    6 pts (3-5)
    10 boards
    2 blocks
    1 steal

Any Dejuan Blair resemblance?
    I like him, he's a hustle guy, but that's likely the extent of it. He's undersized to play his natural position of center, and really doesn't handle the ball, shoot, or create enough to play F. He'll make someone's club as an end of bench guy. He just has a motor that won't quit, and rebounds at a high level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually enjoyed watching Ca and SOB as a front-court unit. Ca can play the four defensively, and Jock can be the four offensively. I don't know what moves would have to happen to get Devontae into the rotation, but for a team that doesn't have any serious intentions on winning games, using developmental minutes on him isn't worthless. The Spurs badly need someone who can add size to their forward rotation, and Landale isn't the only guy Ca should be able to play with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a PF without a jump shot. He's also 25. If he could somehow develop a 3-point shot he could crack the rotation. I like his motor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He really should have Eubanks spot but Eubanks has guaranteed money and they are both deep bench guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll make someone's club as an end of bench guy.
    But not the 16-28 Spurs with off again / on again Covid absentees?

Bryn Forbes doing 25 minutes a game in January.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a PF without a jump shot. He's also 25. If he could somehow develop a 3-point shot he could crack the rotation. I like his motor
    I hope all young uns from 2015 onward who are 6'7 and over with NBA aspirations on have been encouraged to hork treys.
    Is it to the point you ain't getting in without a trey shot? Well there's Poodle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But not the 16-28 Spurs with off again / on again Covid absentees?

Bryn Forbes doing 25 minutes a game in January.
    ?? Our 15 man roster is full. Next year, if ever. He did play during the covid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope all young uns from 2015 onward who are 6'7 and over with NBA aspirations on have been encouraged to hork treys.
    Is it to the point you ain't getting in without a trey shot? Well there's Poodle.
    you can not play more than 1 non-3-point shooter in the modern NBA and be efficient

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ?? Our 15 man roster is full. Next year, if ever. He did play during the covid.
    Full of overpaid?
    Is McForbesbot going to become another Patty, Gay, LMA eat minutes for years and then giveaway?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Full of overpaid?
    Is McForbesbot going to become another Patty, Gay, LMA eat minutes for years and then giveaway?
    Right now he really isn’t eating anyones minutes as we are starved for wings with size who can shoot the 3 but I wouldn’t exactly rate that a successful signing and it’s probably a pretty tough contract to move at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now he really isn’t eating anyones minutes as we are starved for wings with size who can shoot the 3 but I wouldn’t exactly rate that a successful signing and it’s probably a pretty tough contract to move at this point.
    Exactly. Roster construction as made is failing as it was constructed.

That no one will touch McDoormats contract now is super telling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My worry is that we are going to have cap space for the next few seasons with limited free agents to pursue results in more McLovin type deals on the books.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Full of overpaid?
    Even if you move Forbes, you have to take back a contract. No contender will have both cap space and a roster slot. Still means we're full.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if you move Forbes, you have to take back a contract. No contender will have both cap space and a roster slot. Still means we're full.
    Players union thing roster must be at 15 at all times?
    What the ___ kind of contract / player would we have to take back on expiring Forbes?
    So basically it HAS to have a 2RP attached to it or it's meaningless?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thankfully Forbsie has heated up here recently so maybe some team will....

Oh nevermind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players union thing roster must be at 15 at all times?
    What the ___ kind of contract / player would we have to take back on expiring Forbes?
    So basically it HAS to have a 2RP attached to it or it's meaningless?
    CBA sets the max roster size at 15. The good thing is you can now have all of them active. You used to have to have two in street clothes each game, and 13 active.

Yes, a pick is the target, with an expiring, matching contract coming back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has only been a brief run, but Cacok looks like NBA material to me. Here’s hoping he gets upgraded from a 2-way contract to the main squad eventually like Eubanks and KBD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should take Eubanks’ place if he gets a full deal next year. How many 12-15th men does Spurs talk want on this roster? We are loaded with fringe NBA payers as it is.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like he has been slowly adding the 3-point shot to his game in the G League this year. His shooting motion is a little slow but looks fundamentally sound enough to improve upon.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably has better bbiq than Eubanks, and a “nose for the ball” et cetera. A three point shot would give him a possible career, but same thing for Eubanks, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cacok would be perfect for a playoff team that’s being carried by 2-3 players, not one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed , he though kinda reminds me of Keldon without his 3 ball with his energy and hustle and he is an inch taller. I have been really disappointed with Eubanks he showed some promise but for what ever reason it’s like one step forward two steps back. The same thing for Tre just has not shown outside shooting at this point on who we draft I am OK cutting bait and getting better talent

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably has better bbiq than Eubanks, and a “nose for the ball” et cetera. A three point shot would give him a possible career, but same thing for Eubanks, too.
    Eubanks has some skill it’s I think he didn’t start playing basketball until he was 14 most players have been playing since they were 6 years old in pretty good leagues. It goes back to basketball IQ he and Walker are like PG with terrible court vision.

Thread Information