A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by Trainwreck2100; 01-18-2022 at 11:13 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That pronoun is getting out of hand. It's in the business environment now?

And that guy's name is Matt Booty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono in shambles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ok... Looking forward to Starcraft 4, tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    CoD IP exclusivity is HUGE.

Can't remember the last time i've played a videogame, but my brother owns a PS4 and all i've seen him buy and play over the years is CoD/Warzone.

I'd imagine this will be a big deal among casuals when it's time to purchase a new console.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CoD IP exclusivity is HUGE.

Can't remember the last time i've played a videogame, but my brother owns a PS4 and all i've seen him buy and play over the years is CoD/Warzone.

I'd imagine this will be a big deal among casuals when it's time to purchase a new console.
    Yeah this really hurts Sony's business model since it depends on getting the console out as cheaply as possible in the hopes you get the COD, FIFA, NBA2k, Battlefield, etc fanboys who buy the new games each year since Sony gets a 30% cut of the sales. They're really ed if Microsoft ever buys EA. Playstation also abandoned the Japanese market to Nintendo and wants to strictly focus on Western games, which could bite them in the ass with Microsoft buying up a ton of the big Western studios. No COD, no Elder Scrolls, no Doom, no Fallout on PS5 is going to hurt them big.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Like i said, i'm not a gamer these days but i do enjoy watching sony fanboys losing their chit over this

They were always the most snobby and stuck up bunch among console gamers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah this really hurts Sony's business model since it depends on getting the console out as cheaply as possible in the hopes you get the COD, FIFA, NBA2k, Battlefield, etc fanboys who buy the new games each year since Sony gets a 30% cut of the sales. They're really ed if Microsoft ever buys EA. Playstation also abandoned the Japanese market to Nintendo and wants to strictly focus on Western games, which could bite them in the ass with Microsoft buying up a ton of the big Western studios. No COD, no Elder Scrolls, no Doom, no Fallout on PS5 is going to hurt them big.
    There will always be a preference. It's why Nintendo is still a powerhouse even though their consoles are inferior in terms of components and even graphically.

I much prefer a variaty of games rooted in narrative storytelling than one trick ponies which shooters are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There will always be a preference. It's why Nintendo is still a powerhouse even though their consoles are inferior in terms of components and even graphically.

I much prefer a variaty of games rooted in narrative storytelling than one trick ponies which shooters are.
    You lose those yearly franchises and you can kiss ever getting Sony hardware below cost goodbye. Might lose the great first party loss leaders like God of War too. Or have them become Ubisoft level microtransaction laden crap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PlayStation didn't abandon the Japanese market. It's more complex than just "Japan Studio is no more".

Frankly, consolidation in this market has been happening for a while (all the way back to Zenimax). What's surprising is what the market is valuing these IPs. That doesn't just benefits Microsoft, it also brings up value to the compe ion as well.

Too early right now to tell how this will play out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PlayStation didn't abandon the Japanese market. It's more complex than just "Japan Studio is no more".

Frankly, consolidation in this market has been happening for a while (all the way back to Zenimax). What's surprising is what the market is valuing these IPs. That doesn't just benefits Microsoft, it also brings up value to the compe ion as well.

Too early right now to tell how this will play out.
    Playstation is barely even shipping PS5 to Japan, they're ceding the market to Nintendo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playstation is barely even shipping PS5 to Japan, they're ceding the market to Nintendo.
    They're just hard to get and the scalper prices are simply completely unattractive to that market. Both Sony and Nintendo have been having problems with sourcing component supply.

But there are over 1 million PS5 sold in Japan. What is true is that no current PS5 le has peaked in the Japan sale ranks, but a lot of that also has to do with console availability (and the fact that the Switch was widely available pre-pandemic).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're just hard to get and the scalper prices are simply completely unattractive to that market. Both Sony and Nintendo have been having problems with sourcing component supply.

But there are over 1 million PS5 sold in Japan. What is true is that no current PS5 le has peaked in the Japan sale ranks, but a lot of that also has to do with console availability (and the fact that the Switch was widely available pre-pandemic).
    Say el, tell me about that "Spartacus" project Sony is working on.

Finally doing something similar to that of Game Pass?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not my area, and frankly, even if I knew anything, I couldn't tell you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDC how smart they are in their fields because they're ing re ed af regardless.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDC how smart they are in their fields because they're ing re ed af regardless.
    Relax, you tattoo ty things on people for a living. Careful who you call re ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Relax, you tattoo ty things on people for a living. Careful who you call re ed.
    Bro I wouldn't doubt if you were bullied all throughout school...

Btw at you getting upset because I think the pronoun game is re ed af just like you TrannyReck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say el, tell me about that "Spartacus" project Sony is working on.

Finally doing something similar to that of Game Pass?
    Would you actually subscribe to it? Rentals made sense back in the SNES era when games could be $60 to $80 in 1993 dollars but now that most games can be found within a few months of release at $20 to $40 in 2022 dollars I'd rather just buy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you actually subscribe to it? Rentals made sense back in the SNES era when games could be $60 to $80 in 1993 dollars but now that most games can be found within a few months of release at $20 to $40 in 2022 dollars I'd rather just buy.
    Sure. Games are 70 now so it’s nice that some of the triple A games would be included on day of release. Assuming they adapt the game pass model.

I would probably wait a year for the library to grow though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    cod exclusivity would be massive, but likely subject to some anti-trust scrutiny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And that guy's name is Matt Booty

Max Booty would be better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure which en y ruined COD MW but someone needed to take that company over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Microsoft
    Sony buys Bungie

Thread Information