Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Honestly, after somehow winning this game I can see the Niners shocking the world and winning it all (provided Deebo didn't suffer a serious injury). Call me a Homer but I'm all in.

/alcohol.

Honestly, after somehow winning this game I can see the Niners shocking the world and winning it all (provided Deebo didn't suffer a serious injury). Call me a Homer but I'm all in.

/alcohol.
    They are definitely for real, but Jimmy G has to step it up. His meltdown vs Dallas and general sh!tty play for most of the game yesterday is going to bite them in the ass at some point if he doesn't turn it around. They have a 07 Giants feel, but Eli played at a higher level that postseason

Man this Packer loss has that crippling feeling to it, trying to find other games like it and this is what I have so far:

-Vikings upsetting epic niners team in 87
    -Jags upset Elway in 96
    -Gary Anderson choking away the Vikings 15-1 season in 98
    -Bucs beating Philly and cold weather demons in 2002
    -Colts ting the bed in 2005 against Pittsburgh (best ever Colts team imo)
    -Chargers 14-2 season going down the ter in a 4th quarter collapse against NE in 2006

I'm sure there's some obvious recent ones I'm forgetting, but all of these losses had to make the overwhelming favorites cringe more than your average loss
    I would put the 2007 Cowboys on there too, as they were head and shoulders the best team in the NFC. It was Romo's first full season and they had not established themselves yet as the choke artists we know of them today. Going into the playoffs there really wasn't a team that was expected to give them any trouble, but they lost to the Giants in the Divisional Round unexpectedly after sweeping them during the season. I think that game was the first domino to fall and set in stone the legacy of Dallas always imploding/melting down that continues today. Of course they would've lost to the Patriots had they made the Super Bowl

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I would put the 2007 Cowboys on there too, as they were head and shoulders the best team in the NFC. It was Romo's first full season and they had not established themselves yet as the choke artists we know of them today. Going into the playoffs there really wasn't a team that was expected to give them any trouble, but they lost to the Giants in the Divisional Round unexpectedly after sweeping them during the season. I think that game was the first domino to fall and set in stone the legacy of Dallas always imploding/melting down that continues today. Of course they would've lost to the Patriots had they made the Super Bowl
    Absolutely, another great example. Patrick Crayton would still be running right now had he caught that

Absolutely, another great example. Patrick Crayton would still be running right now had he caught that
    He also stopped on a go route at the end of the game on a perfectly thrown pass that would've been the game winning touchdown had he just kept running. And the got backup tight end dropped a touchdown over a wittle contact. pretty much everything that has plagued the Cowboys for the last 15 years all surfaced in that game: starting off slow, abandoning the run game, crucial penalties, inability to get their playmakers the ball etc

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Man this Packer loss has that crippling feeling to it, trying to find other games like it and this is what I have so far:

-Vikings upsetting epic niners team in 87
    -Jags upset Elway in 96
    -Gary Anderson choking away the Vikings 15-1 season in 98
    -Bucs beating Philly and cold weather demons in 2002
    -Colts ting the bed in 2005 against Pittsburgh (best ever Colts team imo)
    -Chargers 14-2 season going down the ter in a 4th quarter collapse against NE in 2006

I'm sure there's some obvious recent ones I'm forgetting, but all of these losses had to make the overwhelming favorites cringe more than your average loss
    These happened in the same season
    14-2 Patriots losing to Mark Sanchez's Jets and the 13-3 Falcons losing to the Packers.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Certain losses are so nauseating that they can cause you to impose a sports media blackout for several weeks or even months. Music City Forward Lateral did that for me, so did Game 4 of the 2008 NBA Finals, 2002 BCS fraud, etc
    I remember that one. Sasha Vujacic was an instant internet meme because he literally just let his guy walk right to the basket and score.

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I gotta stay up till 1:30 to catch the Bills game, not sure I’m going to make it. Please win Buffalo, I need some football happiness before I die

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    IMO, Green Bay has screwed themselves by building finesse passing teams over the years only to fall apart in their own stadium in January. Either get a dome, or rebuild to be a real cold weather team tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    suh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Rams are just ramming their way through the rest of the NFL right now. It's not fair

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    Brady has the Rams right where he wants em.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    IMO, Green Bay has screwed themselves by building finesse passing teams over the years only to fall apart in their own stadium in January. Either get a dome, or rebuild to be a real cold weather team tbh
    I think their defense is awfully close to being a great defense imo. Just need another linebacker and corner. Their offense shat the bed and they need to find an NFL-level special teams coach. The problem with their defense is it isn't a complementary defense because their offense is built to pass and not run so much. You're absolutely right about the finesse passing team. They should dump Rodgers and Adams and draft offensive line and build the team around the running game and defense. That sort of jives with the climate and culture in GB more than a finesse passing game with a megalomaniac QB.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I gotta stay up till 1:30 to catch the Bills game, not sure I’m going to make it. Please win Buffalo, I need some football happiness before I die
    Die??? WTF? Why would you die?? Please tell me if anything's wrong.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Historically great year for kickers. Still gone the entire playoffs so far without a missed FG kick (not counting blocked kicks), including many made from over 50 yards and some in the snow and cold.

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    How the do u lose Kupp?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    goneers falling apart

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    Good news is that Rams are unlikely to go up 28-3 due to them kicking a FG already.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Good news is that Rams are unlikely to go up 28-3 due to them kicking a FG already.
    I was thinking just the exact same thing.

If I were McVay and if I got a field goal and a TD I'd go for two just for that purpose, tbh.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Wasted opportunity to put them in a 3-score hole and make them one dimensional the rest of the game

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Wasted opportunity to put them in a 3-score hole and make them one dimensional the rest of the game
    That worked really well for the Falcons in February 2017, right?

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    Oh damn! They actually called that on the Golden boy.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Welp, they pissed off Brady. GG Rams.

Thread Information