Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wont have to see that head face and his mannerisms again.

Best win of the season that's been full of losses.

More mins for Lonnie And Josh . Cant complain at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, no one hated the Forbes signing more than me. Right down there with my least favorite Spurs of all time.

The Spurs front office stumbling drunkenly into slight correction is better than watching Forbes the rest of the season
    Wish I could take that leap with you bro, but it's still a pile of blah.

It's a process... mexicanjunior's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh...both players and the pick are trash...whatevs...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t give a about the guy we got. Ridding Forbes and just giving all his minutes to Primo is enough of a win

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Forbes got more than he deserved on this forum, but I don't know BBALL like most of you here. I'm just a dude....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hernangomez is not as bad as people think. Small sample size, but he averaged 12 and 7 in 30 min for the T‘wolves last season. He‘s definitely better than Eubanks and better than KBD offensively. Spurs could also re-route him to another team that wants to clear cap space

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t give a about the guy we got. Ridding Forbes and just giving all his minutes to Primo is enough of a win
    Hopefully this at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think people realize it but Primo has been taking minutes from Lonnie already

IMO, by season’s end:

Murray/ Tre
    White/ Primo/ Lonnie
    Keldon/ Vassell/ Wieskamp
    McDermott/ Collins/ KBD/ Cacok
    Poeltl/ Landale/ Eubanks

If Collins is really stuck playing the 5 only, then Eubanks is a goner this offseason (or by the trade deadline, if we’re lucky)

Collins being an alternative option to Landale as the backup 5 opens up the 4 spot after this season for a developmental pipeline prospect to compete for minutes with KBD next season

Upon looking at that rotation, it wouldn’t hurt to add another tall combo guard/wing to the mix to take minutes from Tre for a more reliable backup who can shoot 3’s

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting Forbes off this AND getting any pick at all for it is an act of god...

Keep collecting those picks and keep marching toward that tank boys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Juancho wasn’t that bad when he had some playing time in Minny. Of course that was just a 14 games stretch but we’re talking about a trade involving Forbes.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    this is a w.

poeltl trade coming next.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best Spurs moment since Manu’s dunk on Bosh

As long as he doesn't come back again (knocks on wood)...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs targeting the most Hispanic name in the league naturally

Would much rather have gotten a 2nd Round Pick at least tbh. Glad he’s gone though. Denver can use him and this frees up minutes for Primo. Win-win.

Hernangomez is averaging 1 point, 1 rebound, & 0 assists this season.

congrats on joining the Spurs LkrFan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally the bryn forbes era is doa

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs traded Boris Diaw to Utah in 2016 in a salary dump for our 2nd round pick in 2022. That appeared to be a throw away pick, yet here we are and it’s a decent 2nd round pick that we don’t have. Forbes netting any future pick, no matter how far away, is a nice surprise. How many more second round picks do we need this upcoming draft anyway?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    congrats on joining the Spurs LkrFan
    ¡Es un sueño hecho realidad para mí!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it's violently dumb for anyone trying to laugh at the Spurs for this deal. They got a second and didn't have to waive anyone on the roster to get it. Now they can shop JH's contract to take up to $12 Million in returning salary, which might be worth it enough for a team to give up another second for an expiring or even a first if they can clear the entire salary. I'd rather the Spurs just release JH after the deadline though. I don't want there to be any possibility of them keeping him on the roster past his guarantee date, and the Spurs could use the open spot much more creatively.

That the team is willing to deal a win-now player who had a role on the team means they're probably intent on dealing Young and maybe Eubanks if they can find the right deal. I think what the Spurs were waiting for were Jones to recover and for Denver to find a team to take back a two contracts while only sending one. By getting a guy the Spurs should be willing to waive back, the Spurs can now take back multiple contracts for Young if need be, which opens up deals involving him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats why I said it was amazing that we got worse **AFTER** trading him away.

And let's look at this with a rational eye. Anyone know the stats on 2nd rounders turning into rotational players in the league? Less than 20% of NBA players currently in the League are 2nd round picks. Of those, only about 5-10% make any sort of All-NBA team.

Point is there are only so many Ginobilis. And the odds are low, VERY LOW that this pick 6 yrs down the road, ever turns into a player that makes it to the league, let alone stays there. Thats how you know that trading Forbes for Juancho and a SRP was a failure.

Sometimes youre better off just keeping what you have, or NEVER signing him in the first place so we maybe, just maybe could have kept our FRP at the 19th selection just 3 yrs ago, you know?
    Forbes isn’t the reason Sammich is gone, Sammich is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Complaining about this deal is crazy.

A 2nd round and an expiring for Forbes is the max you can have, plus the fact that you remove a player that take nearly 20 minutes and 8 shot per game to the youth.

Pretty perfect for me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Forbes 3s so the tank is still on while giving younger guys playing time. Getting Forbes off the team is a huge win overall. Great ing news...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never thought I’d see the day people about what we got from trading Forbes away, but here we are.
    100%. Goes to show that some people just like to about the FO however they can.

Obviously, the signing was questionable in the first place, but that damage was already done. At least they got a 2nd round pick out of the deal.

Time will tell if Hernangomez even sniffs the floor especially with Collins set to come back.

The biggest takeaway from this...Spurs want to give Primo more minutes, and that should make everyone happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can we combine Juancho's deal with someone else, or do we have to wait 60 days?

(Which would obv be past the trade deadline)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One other thing to note...I know we all about Forbes around here and is defense is spectacularly awful, but he was a good soldier and his shooting actually kept us in some games when nobody else could buy a bucket.

I'm hyped to see Primo play, but I don't think he's at a level to really move the needle yet, so this move may signal that the tank is legitimately on.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can we combine Juancho's deal with someone else, or do we have to wait 60 days?

(Which would obv be past the trade deadline)

I was wondering the same thing. I was also curious if anyone saw if the Denver 2nd comes with any protections too

Thread Information