Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL at all the idiot hot takes in here who can't wait for details.
    We just managed to turn Forbes into a 2nd round pick, cleared room for Primo to play more, and all we have to do is carry a little more salary for four months. Seems like a solid move to me.
    So much this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People mad after getting rid of arguably the most hated Spurs player of all-time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best Spurs moment since Manu’s dunk on Bosh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best Spurs moment since Manu’s dunk on Bosh
    It's our Game 7 win of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People mad after getting rid of arguably the most hated Spurs player of all-time?
    Seriously what the

next thing we know, people will cry about getting nothing for Eubanks (the worst Spur of all time) when he gets let go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never thought I’d see the day people about what we got from trading Forbes away, but here we are.
    Thats why I said it was amazing that we got worse **AFTER** trading him away.

And let's look at this with a rational eye. Anyone know the stats on 2nd rounders turning into rotational players in the league? Less than 20% of NBA players currently in the League are 2nd round picks. Of those, only about 5-10% make any sort of All-NBA team.

Point is there are only so many Ginobilis. And the odds are low, VERY LOW that this pick 6 yrs down the road, ever turns into a player that makes it to the league, let alone stays there. Thats how you know that trading Forbes for Juancho and a SRP was a failure.

Sometimes youre better off just keeping what you have, or NEVER signing him in the first place so we maybe, just maybe could have kept our FRP at the 19th selection just 3 yrs ago, you know?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good trade. This clears room for a younger player to take Forbes' minutes while helping him find a spot on another team. We also get a 2nd round pick to top it off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Showcasing him we were…..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL at all the idiot hot takes in here who can't wait for details.
    We just managed to turn Forbes into a 2nd round pick, cleared room for Primo to play more, and all we have to do is carry a little more salary for four months. Seems like a solid move to me.
    Another Pop sniffer that thinks Bryn was keeping people from getting minutes. Pop sniffing is very similar to those Elon fan boys that think he can do no harm.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2028 2nd round pick WTF??? Didn't even know you could trade that far out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats why I said it was amazing that we got worse **AFTER** trading him away.

And let's look at this with a rational eye. Anyone know the stats on 2nd rounders turning into rotational players in the league? Less than 20% of NBA players currently in the League are 2nd round picks. Of those, only about 10% make any sort of All-NBA team.

Point is there are only so many Ginobilis. And the odds are low, VERY LOW that this pick 6 yrs down the road, ever turns into a player that makes it to the league, let alone stays there. Thats how you know that trading Forbes for Juancho and a SRP was a failure.
    The Spurs didn’t get worse because in the grand scheme of things Juancho is drop of a needle and may not even stay as a Spur for long

how the can you say the Spurs got worse unless you legit think Bryn brought something of value when he was on the court?

HOW from that standpoint do you think the Spurs got worse basketball wise?

it can’t be contractual because this impacts the Spurs’ cap room very little.

From your post, you’re ing about a second rounder because you think second rounders amount to nothing. Did you expect a first rounder?

what the are the expectations here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good trade. This clears room for a younger player to take Forbes' minutes while helping him find a spot on another team. We also get a 2nd round pick to top it off.
    And another...

A SRP with a <20% chance of being in the league after a second season?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never thought I'd see the day, never been happier to have been wrong.

Don't care about Juancho, just freeing up minutes for the other guards is a victory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs didn’t get worse because in the grand scheme of things Juancho is drop of a needle and may not even stay as a Spur for long

how the can you say the Spurs got worse unless you legit think Bryn brought something of value when he was on the court?

HOW from that standpoint do you think the Spurs got worse basketball wise?

it can’t be contractual because this impacts the Spurs’ cap room very little.

From your post, you’re ing about a second rounder because you think second rounders amount to nothing. Did you expect a first rounder?

what the are the expectations here?
    Lol. I literally answered your question in the post to which you responded. Read better.

"Sometimes youre better off just keeping what you have, or NEVER signing him in the first place so we maybe, just maybe could have kept our FRP at the 19th selection just 3 yrs ago, you know?"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a decent trade. A 2rp from Denver in 2028 ensures that they might get a rotation player from the Nuggets when Jokic is over his prime. And Juancho showed some promise with Denver and Minnesota before getting lost in the forwards shuffle in Boston. He will shoot more threes than Thad Young and will be a better defender than McDermott. Worth a flier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never thought I'd see the day, never been happier to have been wrong.

Don't care about Juancho, just freeing up minutes for the other guards is a victory
    Of our own making, lol. Who chose to sign him and take those minutes in the first place? Now we're praising a move for, wait for it...MINUTES freed up that pop will control like a NAZI anyways? You guys are too easy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the very worst, this move is like a fart in the wind and people should go about their day. For some people, that was a nice smelling fart and are enjoying the ambience. For others, they want to act like Karens about a natural act of humanity. “OH ThE TrAvEStY!!!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid move. My question is what are we going to do with all these 2nd round picks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the very worst, this move is like a fart in the wind and people should go about their day. For some people, that was a nice smelling fart and are enjoying the ambience. For others, they want to act like Karens about a natural act of humanity.
    im trying to go with your analogy here but im confused if im the Karen or the fart sniffer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like a solid deal.

Team will always do right by those who embody the “Spurs way.”

Denver is a sneaky, dark horse team this year. If they miraculously get all their bodies back (Murray and Porter Jr.), they will be a tough out.
    Bryn gets a chance to contribute again for another team in win-now mode who won’t impede other up and coming players.

Spurs take a chance on a guy who may end up being one of the better shooters on the team in a position that has been in flux for awhile now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. I literally answered your question in the post to which you responded. Read better.

"Sometimes youre better off just keeping what you have, or NEVER signing him in the first place so we maybe, just maybe could have kept our FRP at the 19th selection just 3 yrs ago, you know?"
    So you’re not even mad at the move itself, but you’re on here sharing your disdain about moves that led up to it than your disdain for Forbes actually being traded. That’s the root of this. You’re playing yourself but please go on and being outraged that people aren’t as upset and bitter as you are.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of our own making, lol. Who chose to sign him and take those minutes in the first place? Now we're praising a move for, wait for it...MINUTES freed up that pop will control like a NAZI anyways? You guys are too easy.
    Hey, no one hated the Forbes signing more than me. Right down there with my least favorite Spurs of all time.

The Spurs front office stumbling drunkenly into slight correction is better than watching Forbes the rest of the season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keeps us from squeaking by in those games when Forbes is literally the only guy with enough chutzpah to take and make a three. Now there is no one to do that and we can take even more Ls and improve our draft chances. I like it.

Sucks that this made us into even softer fraidycat es on offense, but it's better in the long run.

Forbes played when he played because all the other guys besides Dejounte are pussies about taking shots that matter. At least Forbes was willing to try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is gone. That alone makes it a success story.

Juancho was a first round pick in 2016, drafted fifteenth, by the Nuggets. He’s a forward, listed at 6’9”. He’s Spanish, born in Madrid. Age 26. I don’t find any significant injury history. Looks like he should be good to go. I suppose Pop talked to Udoka about him. We’ll see if the Spurs find a use for him.

Thread Information