Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Update…took both tests Monday. Rapid came back negative. Should know about the other tomorrow, although they said they’re really backed up. Some fatigue and brain fog still. I didn’t really know what “brain fog” meant, but I get it now. Wife tested positive in her rapid test yesterday. She’s had congestion for a little over a week now. She feels fine in general other than fatigue. My co-worker’s husband has no symptoms anymore but continues to test positive (after 2 weeks). According to his doctor, some people are testing positive for month+ with no symptoms. Which sucks because he can’t go back to work until a negative test. Don’t know what to make of any of it other than I’m convinced we don’t have a real grasp of this. If my other test comes back negative, I’ll probably get an antibody test just to know for sure. If it comes back negative, it’ll further convince me that we don’t know .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Update…took both tests Monday. Rapid came back negative. Should know about the other tomorrow, although they said they’re really backed up. Some fatigue and brain fog still. I didn’t really know what “brain fog” meant, but I get it now. Wife tested positive in her rapid test yesterday. She’s had congestion for a little over a week now. She feels fine in general other than fatigue. My co-worker’s husband has no symptoms anymore but continues to test positive (after 2 weeks). According to his doctor, some people are testing positive for month+ with no symptoms. Which sucks because he can’t go back to work until a negative test. Don’t know what to make of any of it other than I’m convinced we don’t have a real grasp of this. If my other test comes back negative, I’ll probably get an antibody test just to know for sure. If it comes back negative, it’ll further convince me that we don’t know .
    Rapid tests are only reliable while you're still contagious. I'm sure your PCR will be positive considering your wife has it.

My wife and two sons' PCR confirmed COVID today, I'm still waiting for my daughter's and mine. It's just a formality at this point, but we need it do ented for school and work. The boys have virtually no symptoms. Mine is like a minor cold - something I wouldn't have thought twice about working through any other time. My wife and daughter though have GI symptoms, fever, fatigue, cough/congestion... they're feeling pretty miserable.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Rapid tests are only reliable while you're still contagious. I'm sure your PCR will be positive considering your wife has it.

My wife and two sons' PCR confirmed COVID today, I'm still waiting for my daughter's and mine. It's just a formality at this point, but we need it do ented for school and work. The boys have virtually no symptoms. Mine is like a minor cold - something I wouldn't have thought twice about working through any other time. My wife and daughter though have GI symptoms, fever, fatigue, cough/congestion... they're feeling pretty miserable.
    Did that preprint saying nasal swab PCR was giving false negatives 15% of the time with omicron ever end up going anywhere?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did that preprint saying nasal swab PCR was giving false negatives 15% of the time with omicron ever end up going anywhere?
    No idea tbh. I have heard that omicron is giving more false negatives with nasal swabs though and that you'll get a more accurate test by swabbing the back of your throat. Not sure if that's true though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    No idea tbh. I have heard that omicron is giving more false negatives with nasal swabs though and that you'll get a more accurate test by swabbing the back of your throat. Not sure if that's true though.
    Yeah that's what that paper was saying but kind of out of my depth with medical papers and remembered you're a doctor.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10674945[/URL]]Rapid tests are only reliable while you're still contagious. I'm sure your PCR will be positive considering your wife has it.

Sorry to hear that about your fam. Hope they recover quickly. You’re right though. If it wasn’t designated as COVID, most of us would just push through and work or whatever we’re supposed to. I think the most troubling factor is people still not having normal taste after they’ve “recovered”. This indicates a potential neurological issue that might be much more serious than just losing taste. I haven’t seen much in mainstream media about this other than the taste issue. But that could be a symptom of something much more debilitating.

It’s weird. Even though my smell/taste were fine after a day or two, I still don’t really look forward to eating good meals.
    Tbh, it’s the same with shows, music, etc. I have a general malaise about everything right now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah that's what that paper was saying but kind of out of my depth with medical papers and remembered you're a doctor.
    No I'm not a doctor. Thanks for giving me a raise though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    No I'm not a doctor. Thanks for giving me a raise though.
    Bend over, I'll give you a raise.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10675014[/URL]]Bend over, I'll give you a raise.
    low hanging fruit

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10675010[/URL]]No I'm not a doctor. Thanks for giving me a raise though.
    Bend over, I’ll show you a doctor.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Is this like a schtick to always up when quoting someone?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10675022[/URL]]Is this like a schtick to always up when quoting someone?
    Bend over, I’ll show you schtick.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10675022[/URL]]Is this like a schtick to always up when quoting someone?
    wait…I thought it was a ST issue. I’m just hitting reply. I do see what you’re talking about.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    wait…I thought it was a ST issue. I’m just hitting reply. I do see what you’re talking about.
    I thought it was a symptom of your covid. I bet your covid is over now, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bend over, I'll give you a raise.
    Bend over, I'll swab the back of your in' throat and show you low hanging fruit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bend over, I'll swab the back of your in' throat and show you low hanging fruit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just testing a quick reply.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so when reply rom my Iphone, it screws up the original quote formating. I just replied from by Beats Platinum desktop and it looks fine.
    Weird.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    so when reply rom my Iphone, it screws up the original quote formating. I just replied from by Beats Platinum desktop and it looks fine.
    Weird.
    Apple is garbage. You and everyone else should probably ditch everything by Apple ASAP. It's the worst big tech company by a country mile and that's saying something.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Apple is garbage. You and everyone else should probably ditch everything by Apple ASAP. It's the worst big tech company by a country mile and that's saying something.
    Thanks. Based on your advice, I just went and put my Iphone on the closest traintrack. Then I shot the finger at the conductor when he went by.
    What's ed up is that I recognized him after the fact and he lives in my neighborhood (what are the odds?).
    I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but someone just shot our dogs in the backyard. I'm not a coroner but looks like .308 bullets. I'm trying to see if they died in place or moved around. Hoping to determine the trajectory
    and direction of where they might have come from.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Thanks. Based on your advice, I just went and put my Iphone on the closest traintrack. Then I shot the finger at the conductor when he went by.
    What's ed up is that I recognized him after the fact and he lives in my neighborhood (what are the odds?).
    I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but someone just shot our dogs in the backyard. I'm not a coroner but looks like .308 bullets. I'm trying to see if they died in place or moved around. Hoping to determine the trajectory
    and direction of where they might have come from.
    A train engineer wouldn't OP the dog. He'd use an amphibian with subs.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    Name
    Allan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    i feel sorry for covid having to live in andy's body

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10676113[/URL]]i feel sorry for covid having to live in andy's body
    COViD “ha ha…another victim”
    Andy: “damn, I’m starting to feel like ”
    COVID: “What the pizza ? This body is worthless. I wonder if it’s better to let him live”
    Andy: “Cowboys will easily beat the Packers in Wild Card game”
    COVID: “what the is he talking about”
    Andy: “Wait…oh yeah…the 49’ers”
    COVID : “holy pizza …this is futile…Audi 5000”
    Andy : “Ah…I feel better already. Other than this deep seated depression about my stupid Bed Bath and Beyond Job. Exacerbated by my mom having sex with everyone”
    COVID: “ …Chipotle is serving meatless chorizo…yum”
    Meatless Chorizo : “man…that dude from SpursTalk has ty football takes”
    COVID : “lol…yah…wanna poop on each other?”
    Meatless Chirizo : “what’s wrong with you?”
    COVID : (winks)
    Meatless Chirizo : “ok…let’s poop on each other.”

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Just found out I got my omicron booster too after getting the results from the PCR test I took yesterday. Honestly felt like cedar pollen allergies and only reason I got tested was because I knew cedar pollen had been really low for the last couple of weeks so that couldn't be it. Sinuses still kind of congested but my throat soreness has gone down a lot from peaking a couple of days ago.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    10676264[/URL]]Just found out I got my omicron booster too after getting the results from the PCR test I took yesterday. Honestly felt like cedar pollen allergies and only reason I got tested was because I knew cedar pollen had been really low for the last couple of weeks so that couldn't be it. Sinuses still kind of congested but my throat soreness has gone down a lot from peaking a couple of days ago.
    Get better soon (pretend I said that in Japanese)

Thread Information