Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    but they're not fully functional if they're addicted to something that will literally kill them if they quit cold turkey. Benzos are nothing to mess with imo. Atleast try exercising before bed or something before going that route. Not gonna judge someone who has legit insomnia but I try to go as drug free as possible tbh. I've had weeks where the sleep just isn't coming for whatever reason but my body eventually adjusts naturally and catches up on it later
    The insomnia was the lesser of the two problems. The big problem was extreme daytime sleepiness every single day which made me extremely dysfunctional at work. Like in 2016 back in my Bank of America days I'd literally drive to the office and get there at 7:13 A.M. and be good for a couple hours and then right around when the clock struck 10 A.M. I would absolutely crave a nap like a heroin addict craves heroin. In September, where it's still too hot to sleep outside in Texas, I got called into the manager's office for having a pillow and sleeping bag under my desk. Like really.... are you saying you're discriminating against someone with a legit medical problem? you, Paul. Anyways... later in the year. If the weather was cool enough I'd go into the car and take a nap, wake up about 20 minutes to an hour later, go back into the office, be fine for about an hour, and then crave another nap like a heroin addict without heroin. It'd be ridiculous. I'd be literally a walking zombie even though I had plenty of sleep the previous night plus 1 or 2 naps already in the daytime. I literally couldn't function at work naturally. The clonazepam has been a life saver and has allowed me to make the money I've made, seriously. Without it I'd be a bum living with my mother sleeping about 15 hours a day. I attribute my daytime sleeping disease to college and too much late night partying and sleeping in from 2013-2015 era.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    but they're not fully functional if they're addicted to something that will literally kill them if they quit cold turkey. Benzos are nothing to mess with imo. Atleast try exercising before bed or something before going that route. Not gonna judge someone who has legit insomnia but I try to go as drug free as possible tbh. I've had weeks where the sleep just isn't coming for whatever reason but my body eventually adjusts naturally and catches up on it later
    I don’t like benzos either as they are way too dangerous and habit-forming. I used Ambien on and off for years but stopped a couple years ago because the night terrors were intense between prescription refills

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I don’t like benzos either as they are way too dangerous and habit-forming. I used Ambien on and off for years but stopped a couple years ago because the night terrors were intense between prescription refills
    Knew someone who was an alcoholic at one point (fully recovered and doing well now) and was taking Xanax for 'rebound anxiety' the next day after drinking. Then one day he nearly died just by taking two and mixing a couple of drinks. Luckily he was at a restaurant where somebody literally shook him awake otherwise he may not have survived. Apparently 911 was called. Obviously everyone knows you're not supposed to mix the two but that's pretty scary stuff considering he had a high tolerance of both. Said he barely remembers any of it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    The insomnia was the lesser of the two problems. The big problem was extreme daytime sleepiness every single day which made me extremely dysfunctional at work. Like in 2016 back in my Bank of America days I'd literally drive to the office and get there at 7:13 A.M. and be good for a couple hours and then right around when the clock struck 10 A.M. I would absolutely crave a nap like a heroin addict craves heroin. In September, where it's still too hot to sleep outside in Texas, I got called into the manager's office for having a pillow and sleeping bag under my desk. Like really.... are you saying you're discriminating against someone with a legit medical problem? you, Paul. Anyways... later in the year. If the weather was cool enough I'd go into the car and take a nap, wake up about 20 minutes to an hour later, go back into the office, be fine for about an hour, and then crave another nap like a heroin addict without heroin. It'd be ridiculous. I'd be literally a walking zombie even though I had plenty of sleep the previous night plus 1 or 2 naps already in the daytime. I literally couldn't function at work naturally. The clonazepam has been a life saver and has allowed me to make the money I've made, seriously. Without it I'd be a bum living with my mother sleeping about 15 hours a day. I attribute my daytime sleeping disease to college and too much late night partying and sleeping in from 2013-2015 era.
    What if you just pushed through for a few days? Serious question. I've had several work days where I've literally had 1-2 hours and all I could focus on was how much I wanted to take a nap. I was pretty non-productive, but usually the next few nights I'd get 8-9 hours and catch up. , I remember working offshore back in my Oil and Gas days in weird time zones working night shift. First week I'd sleep like four hours a night until my body would crash for 9-10 hours then reset. Never had to take a pill, tried Melatonin a few times in college and never really worked for me.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    What if you just pushed through for a few days? Serious question. I've had several work days where I've literally had 1-2 hours and all I could focus on was how much I wanted to take a nap. I was pretty non-productive, but usually the next few nights I'd get 8-9 hours and catch up. , I remember working offshore back in my Oil and Gas days in weird time zones working night shift. First week I'd sleep like four hours a night until my body would crash for 9-10 hours then reset. Never had to take a pill, tried Melatonin a few times in college and never really worked for me.
    Yeah the synthetic melatonin is useless. Pushed through for a few days, as in not sleeping at all for 72+ hours? Or as in not taking a nap? Well realistically I didn't take any naps about 80-85% of the time because I was working from the office and not from home and majority of the time I wouldn't have a choice but to stay in the office during the core working hours. But I was miserable on a daily basis and just grateful for Saturday to come because I could take 4-5 intermittent naps on Saturday after sleeping in from 11pm-11am already.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Yeah the synthetic melatonin is useless. Pushed through for a few days, as in not sleeping at all for 72+ hours? Or as in not taking a nap? Well realistically I didn't take any naps about 80-85% of the time because I was working from the office and not from home and majority of the time I wouldn't have a choice but to stay in the office during the core working hours. But I was miserable on a daily basis and just grateful for Saturday to come because I could take 4-5 intermittent naps on Saturday after sleeping in from 11pm-11am already.
    As in not taking any medicine and just letting your body run its natural course. Do you exercise? How many hours of sleep do you get per night? 4-5 naps in one day followed by 12 hours of sleep seems absurd. It only takes me 8-9 hours of sleep in one go to catch up/refresh. from chronic sleep deprivation. Have you had a physical lately? Get your T-levels checked?

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    As in not taking any medicine and just letting your body run its natural course. Do you exercise? How many hours of sleep do you get per night? 4-5 naps in one day followed by 12 hours of sleep seems absurd. It only takes me 8-9 hours of sleep in one go to catch up/refresh. from chronic sleep deprivation. Have you had a physical lately? Get your T-levels checked?
    this was largely 2016-2018. yes all my bloodwork from that era was normal, I just had chronic severe daytime sleepiness what was idiopathic with no other medical issues. Of course I've always exercised a ton

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did Ambien when I worked nights and had to transition on my days off. I know about that night terror . I would sleep walk and once told my wife to get behind the bed, as I saw a sniper on a ridge and was going to the kitchen to get a knife (knife kills were two points). This was at 3am.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Did Ambien when I worked nights and had to transition on my days off. I know about that night terror . I would sleep walk and once told my wife to get behind the bed, as I saw a sniper on a ridge and was going to the kitchen to get a knife (knife kills were two points). This was at 3am.
    lol... video games and drugs and women, bad combination, worse than xanax and everclear tbh. Also never work night shifts, big time protip.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    lol... video games and drugs and women, bad combination, worse than xanax and everclear tbh. Also never work night shifts, big time protip.
    protip

Nights are fine if you can adjust. I stopped taking sleeping pills and just dealt with the transitions. When you work nights you get all the empty stores and no traffic. If you fish, the boat ramps are empty and the bass bite is better.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    protip

Nights are fine if you can adjust. I stopped taking sleeping pills and just dealt with the transitions. When you work nights you get all the empty stores and no traffic. If you fish, the boat ramps are empty and the bass bite is better.
    Yeah I worked nights for a dozen or so years and I loved it. If I was single there'd be no reason to switch to a 9-5. It was even okay when the kids were small. It only started to suck when they got older and started to get involved in more things... I was missing out on family stuff. But running errands and doing I wanted to do was a whole lot better while I was working night shift.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    protip

generally, people who work nights are low wage slaves, making under 20 an hour, impoverished, and renting.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    generally, people who work nights are low wage slaves, making under 20 an hour, impoverished, and renting.
    Can you be any more of an ignorant neophyte? You're dying to skip the learning phase of life and go straight from HS to guru. If you were any more full of you'd be a Thanksgiving turkey.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Can you be any more of an ignorant neophyte? You're dying to skip the learning phase of life and go straight from HS to guru. If you were any more full of you'd be a Thanksgiving turkey.
    Nah, I already went through it. From college to the dark days of 2017-the first half of 2018. I'll be worth north of a million cash this March.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I'm officially over covid.

Let's go Brandon.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm officially over covid.

Let's go Brandon.
    bummer

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Welp... looks like I just got my omicron booster.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I thought those weren't coming out until March? The booster shots out now only go up to Delta.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Long covid now.
    That lasted a couple weeks after the initial week where I was completely sicko. Long covid is over for me & I'm back to normal now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I thought those weren't coming out until March? The booster shots out now only go up to Delta.
    Was a joke... I tested positive for COVID yesterday. In fact everyone in my household of five came down with it within a 24 hour window.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Was a joke... I tested positive for COVID yesterday. In fact everyone in my household of five came down with it within a 24 hour window.
    The worst part is the boredom tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The worst part is the boredom tbh
    I plan to catch up on my sleep tbh.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Good luck. I was awful sick for 1 week and then had "long covid" for 2 more weeks. Just got completely over it this past weekend.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Definitely Xevious need to get azithromycin (z-paks), most important drug to beat covid. Take vitamin C supps on the daily, too. For symptoms you can also take dayquil, nyquil and tylenol. If you can get your hands on hcq then that's something too, I didn't but that's up to you.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Hope it's mild like mine was.

Thread Information