Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Found this on realgm
    The Toronto Raptors have interest in trading for Jakob Poeltl.The Raptors traded Poeltl to the San Antonio Spurs in 2019 as part of the Kawhi Leonard. Poeltl re-signed with the Spurs during the 2020 offseason on a three-year, $27 million deal.
    The Raptors are 11-4 over their past 15 games and are now in playoff contention with a need at center.
    Toronto sits at less than $300,000 below the luxury tax line, which could complicate the way they approach improving their roster.
    What would we want from the Raps? What would be realistic? Do we even wnat to trade Jakob?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1st rnd pick incoming

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw the "news" already beeing brought up in the "potential deals for all 30 teams" thread. So nevermind this one...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can be as interested as they want. I don't know that Ujuri's interested into to pay the first-rounder the Spurs should require to move Poeltl this season. They don't need any more random seconds, and they have their own meh prospects to worry about before taking on some from the Raptors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, the raps are one of the few team Spurs have ever traded with multiple times

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess can put on this thread too, but Raptors said to be willing to part with OG for Turner. So Jak + ___ could theoretically equal OG too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait for ST to get whiplash falling over themselves on Jakob's games once he's no longer with us

TBH, I'd do it. For no other reason than it signals a True Tank Job. Let's get this actually started up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is probably a fallback option for Turner. This is more than likely the typical Raptors see if they can get something for nothing crap. They'd probably offer Boucher and Achiuwa.

I guess can put on this thread too, but Raptors said to be willing to part with OG for Turner. So Jak + ___ could theoretically equal OG too
    That would surprise me, but Poeltl+ wouldn't be the equivalent of Turner because of the shooting.

The Raptors lack shooting as is and parting with Anunoby would only exacerbate that. Turning him into Poeltl+ would be untenable next to Siakam and Barnes.
    Last edited by TD 21; 01-14-2022 at 05:25 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't the Raptors still have the worst C rotation in the league?

Forbes and Poeltl for OG and a SRP or Poeltl for Barnes straight up. I don't see much reason to play nice with the Raptors and we will don't know what we have with Zollins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OG is out of range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl is a very good defensive center on an inexpensive contract who shows good hub activity on offense (despite sucking at fts). Why trade him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s keep Barnes out of any of our wet dreams gents…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless we get something great from them like they got from us, no can do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We couldn't pry away og for kawhi. We aren't getting him for poodle

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OG is out of range.
    I suspect you’re right. They’d probably have to make the deal bigger than they’d like, such as including Derrick and Precious on the other side of the equation.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few months back I wrote about Siakam being a potential trade target. That was before he recovered and started playing well.

I hoped they'd make him available and go with OG-Barnes wing duo.

I'd still try with Jakob+Derrick+Lonnie and Chicago pick, can't hurt.

The time to trade Poeltl is now. The next season he'll be on an expiring deal and surely ask for 15 million a year, if not more. His FTs aren't improving and if this roster ever makes it to the playoffs, he'd be a liability. Not to mention everyone else on the roster desperately needs a shooting big. It's easier to trade Jakob than everyone else. His trade value will only go down from here.

My pipe dreams aside, PATFO will get bent over again if the trade happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big difference though when the player being traded has vocally voiced his want to go to a specific city.
    Spurs had almost no leverage when trading kawhi. And made teams not want to give up much for a 1 year rental.

Poeltl on the other hand could easily stay with Raptors until retirement if traded. No drama will follow him and he's a great defensive player on a good contract.
    Entirely different mindset here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re the team calling this time. They’re the team in need. The literally don’t have a center. We have the leverage, because we don’t have a need to do a deal. If we can’t get OG, say bye, and hang up. They’re within $300K of the tax, so Poeltl is probably a better option than Turner, who makes a bag of money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OG?

Nah. Insofar as Toronto is looking at Jakob, it's as a buyer, not a seller. OG would easily be the better return than Poeltl. The best I could see the Spurs getting is Boucher and a first. I have a feeling Masai wouldn't even accept that, and we already know PATFO isn't going to play legit hardball about it, especially if Poeltl tells them he wants to go back.

Of course, with the HEB commercials, they might not be nearly as willing to move Poeltl before the off-season as they should be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me a hater but if the spurs can get a first rounder or any value for Jakob they need to do it. He’s important to the team but in a playoff series all teams have to do is foul/hack and he’d be played off the floor

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Brian Wright's old Orlando cubicle buddy still work in Toronto?

Spurs about to get wrecked if so.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me a hater but if the spurs can get a first rounder or any value for Jakob they need to do it. He’s important to the team but in a playoff series all teams have to do is foul/hack and he’d be played off the floor
    I agree and i think this is the optimal time to act. My hope is that Zollins was signed with this in mind. Will they act though, quien sabe?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big difference though when the player being traded has vocally voiced his want to go to a specific city.
    Spurs had almost no leverage when trading kawhi. And made teams not want to give up much for a 1 year rental.

Poeltl on the other hand could easily stay with Raptors until retirement if traded. No drama will follow him and he's a great defensive player on a good contract.
    Entirely different mindset here.
    im fine with the deal but i highly doubt it

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto can want him all they want but they have nothing to trade for him other than Barnes, who they obviously wouldn't trade for Poetl.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best thing that can happen from this credible rumor is that it spurs other teams to call

Thread Information