Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets without KD and Joe Harris. Kyrie back in action coming off a 30pt night Wednesday vs the Wiz.

Patty Mills and LMA’s first visit to SA as Nets. Aldridge coming off of his best game of the season: 26pts, 6rebs, 2blk on 11/15 shooting, mid range game was looking smooth.

Juancho should be ready togo. Zach Collins still on assignment in Austin as they play Memphis today. Primo in Austin also.

Vamos!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pure speculation probably but kinda interesting on yesterdays Hoops collective podcast, They talked about Dejounte Murray’s all star candidacy and Brian Windhorst mentioned that there’s chatter around the league about teams thinking Dejounte could become available this summer. There discussion about it is was kinda mehhh but they talked about how there’s two groups of young players on the spurs with DJ/White/Jakob who are on the older side for a rebuilding team and then younger guys in Primo/Vassell/Johnson.

Also pointed out that this probably won’t be Pops last season lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is pure speculation probably but kinda interesting on yesterdays Hoops collective podcast, They talked about Dejounte Murray’s all star candidacy and Brian Windhorst mentioned that there’s chatter around the league about teams thinking Dejounte could become available this summer. There discussion about it is was kinda mehhh but they talked about how there’s two groups of young players on the spurs with DJ/White/Jakob who are on the older side for a rebuilding team and then younger guys in Primo/Vassell/Johnson.

DJ isn’t untouchable but the only reason I see them moving him is for a strong return of atleast 2 draft picks and a young, high upside prospect. Even at that you only do that because you don’t intend on paying him when he is due for an extension, which would be a huge slap in the face given our history of paying loyal guys.

The timeline argument is weak to me. We just invested 3-5 years in DJ/White/Jak to finally realize what we have in them. DJ is the only clear building block out of those 3 players and still has upside. In addition, he is the leader on the court in the locker room, has grit, toughness, growing respect around the league etc. also, the Primo/Vassell/Johnson trio is nothing to write home about when compared to many other team’s young talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

First off Windhorst is a moron.

Secondly, Murray is 25. Not exactly old by any standards at this point.

I could see the idea behind jettisoning White as he is going to be playing at age 28 next year, especially given the depth at that position.

Might the Spurs trade Murray? Sure. Would it take one impressive gigantic haul? Probably. Unless DJM is wanting out of San Antonio (which there are zero indications of that), I dont see the Spurs going out of their way to make a Murray trade happen.

I also think this Spurs team will get better generally as this season moves into its second half, as long as they stay relatively healthy.

The whole timeline and age thing is a weak, lazy take. But given that it came from Windhorst's mouth, not exactly surprising.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Injuries: Zach Collins (Out — On Assignment), Josh Primo (Out — On Assignment), Devontae Cacok (Out — On Assignment) Bryn Forbes (I can’t believe he’s gone )

Nets Injuries: Kevin Durant (Out — Knee), Paul Millsap (Out — Personal), Joe Harris (Out — Ankle), Nic Claxton (Questionable — Hamstring), DeAndre’ Bembry (Day-to-Day — Back)

This is a winnable game without KD and no real big man. Aldridge plays more outside, and with Claxton out and Bembry questionable, Poeltl should be able to control the paint better. Match-up with Kyrie/Harden vs Murray/White is going to be tough. But Patty doesn’t really make big shots at the AT&T Center when he was with the Spurs
    . So there you go. I like our chances. Spurs by 16pts!

Last edited by John B; 01-21-2022 at 10:59 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a game where I’d like D White to show what he has on the defensive end. Watching Keldon and McDougal get caught switching on Harden/Irving isn’t going to be fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First off Windhorst is a moron.

Secondly, Murray is 25. Not exactly old by any standards at this point.

I could see the idea behind jettisoning White as he is going to be playing at age 28 next year, especially given the depth at that position.

Might the Spurs trade Murray? Sure. Would it take one impressive gigantic haul? Probably. Unless DJM is wanting out of San Antonio (which there are zero indications of that), I dont see the Spurs going out of their way to make a Murray trade happen.

I also think this Spurs team will get better generally as this season moves into its second half, as long as they stay relatively healthy.

The whole timeline and age thing is a weak, lazy take. But given that it came from Windhorst's mouth, not exactly surprising.
    Somebody is going to get moved for sure before the trade deadline, but it’s not going to be Murray. Thad for sure, and maybe Lonnie (as you’ve mentioned the depth on that position and he’ll likely walk this Summer if somebody offers him north of MLE), also JHG (especially if Zollins legs are holding up) and maybe Eubanks. DJM is a budding Star and he needs help. I think they will find him that help if not this trade deadline, surely this Summer. But definitely that player is coming. I think this season is the season they look hard on players staying, and those who have to go. Bryn was the first to go. It only just begun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KD & Claxton out = Easy victory for the Spurs tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know the Spurs are gonna have some “Thank you Patty and LaMarcus” videos lined up pregame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know the Spurs are gonna have some “Thank you Patty and LaMarcus” videos lined up pregame.
    Yeah guess they’ll have to do a 2 in one although Patty deserves his own. Hopefully it focuses on Patty lol.

DDR’s homecoming next Friday. Spurs media folks will be busy although not too many hi-lites from that era to chose from.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could get behind these actually.

LaMarcus was one of the biggest free agent grabs in Spurs history. Obviously things could have worked out better, but he still kept our window open for a few years even after Timmy. I still believe that 2017 squad rings if Kawhi doesn't get injured.

As for Mills, a 10-year Spur and a key piece to the 2014 championship? 2nd most made three-pointers in franchise history behind only Manu Ginobili?

Yeah, these guys deserve all the respect from the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can‘t wait to see LA destroy Poeltl in the post. Also can‘t wait to see DJ cook LA in the pick & roll. Will be an interesting game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

thats ridiculous. The Spurs would be stupid to trade a player who wants to be a Spurs lifer after what they experienced with nephew. Second this team is not in a 5 year rebuild. It’s already pretty solid and everybody on the roster got upside. All they need is a Banchero Type of Player and they should be right back in the Playoff hunt. If players are getting traded it’s the older guys like White, Poeltl, McDermott or someone like Walker. Spurs really just need to draft a promising PF in the draft and then make a move to get DJ some help

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeeze Spurs favoured. Spurs -1.5 on the spread, BK +100 on ML .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeeze Spurs favoured. Spurs -1.5 on the spread, BK +100 on ML .
    What’s the latest on Nets bigs? Without Claxton and Bembry (and KD) they really only have Aldridge as big. Now if Poeltl can stay away from Aldridge fakes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What’s the latest on Nets bigs? Without Claxton and Bembry (and KD) they really only have Aldridge as big. Now if Poeltl can stay away from Aldridge fakes.
    Claxton is out per ESPN. Bembry questionable and is a wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Claxton is out per ESPN. Bembry questionable and is a wing.
    My bad. Wishful thinking that Poeltl will have another solid outing playing against smaller players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My bad. Wishful thinking that Poeltl will have another solid outing playing against smaller players
    He should be able to have his way with Blake Griffin. I think James Johnson will
    probably get some burn at the 4/5 also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I listened to it and I know dude has good sources but I don't think the Spurs are trading him. I think he's shown way too much upside combined with being very good as it is. His contract is cheap AF for many years, and I just don't see what the upside to moving him is. You're not going to get back someone who is as good and as young and why trade a young piece whos at all star levels for something worth less? Would make no sense for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Juancho era begins. aka the GOLDEN AGE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing I noticed is the guard offense ran like a recently unclogged toilet last game. I think the locker room vibe was that Forbes didn't really earn his mins and was a clog blocking youth and hindering the rotation. Last game you could sense a sort of slight liberation.

Too bad it didn't reach to Lonnie, arguably the biggest potential benefactor from this trade and the least to capitalize on it at the time lol. Maybe he will soon see the wide open ahead and surge forth. Now or never really though, Lonnie is running out of chances (and my faith)

For now I still believe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have the Fiesta court down tonight. Hope it's the Fiesta whites kit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have the Fiesta court down tonight. Hope it's the Fiesta whites kit.
    Reception for Juancho?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ now with 8 triple doubles on the season after last game.

DJ is the only Spur ever with 8 triple doubles in a season. Wow.

Thread Information