Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    No extra points in OT. Must go for 2.
    No, that takes away the opportunity of winning the game on the second drive if you defended first and allowed a TD.

As I see it, with that rule change, the team that attacks first still has the upper hand of winning. Let's put the example of KC and Bills. Chiefs win the toss, select to get the ball and score a TD. With your proposal, the Chiefs are forced to go for the 2pts conversion. Say they get it. Now the Bills can only tie the game. With the third drive the Chiefs get a FG and still win the game mainly because they won the coin toss.

Now, with my proposal, Chiefs get a TD and the extra point. The Bills on the second drive score a TD and have the opportunity of selecting whether to tie it or risk going for the win, knowing that the Chiefs are most likely going to score on the next drive. It just gives head coaches the chance of having their decisions be more important than the coin toss.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No, that takes away the opportunity of winning the game on the second drive if you defended first and allowed a TD.

As I see it, with that rule change, the team that attacks first still has the upper hand of winning. Let's put the example of KC and Bills. Chiefs win the toss, select to get the ball and score a TD. With your proposal, the Chiefs are forced to go for the 2pts conversion. Say they get it. Now the Bills can only tie the game. With the third drive the Chiefs get a FG and still win the game mainly because they won the coin toss.

Now, with my proposal, Chiefs get a TD and the extra point. The Bills on the second drive score a TD and have the opportunity of selecting whether to tie it or risk going for the win, knowing that the Chiefs are most likely going to score on the next drive. It just gives head coaches the chance of having their decisions be more important than the coin toss.
    Got to come up clutch on that coin toss.

Chiefs couldn't get it done in 2019 and it deep-sixed Mahomes' MVP season. They got it done this year and advance and likely make the Super Bowl.

Trash Allen may have scored a couple late game TDs against lousy KC prevent defense, but he completely choked the game away on the coin toss. That's it and that's all.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Everything. The CBA in football revolves around the very real threat of injuries in football and do everything they can to limit snaps. That's why the 15 minute to 10 minute overtime length change, which was stupid, was passed in 2017. That's why overtimes were taken out of preseason. That's why special teams rules seem to get tweaked every other year. It's even worse in college where people aren't making money and basically playing multiple OT's worth of extra snaps for pride and for other people's entertainment, particularly the vast majority of college players that have no shot to be drafted and make the NFL. In the NFL, the players' union would never go for it, and rightfully so.

Baseball's unlimited extra innings is stupid even if you're a hardcore baseball fan and don't mind staying up until 1AM to watch 15+ inning games, but it doesn't take a toll on the players' health and fatigue the way that extra snaps do in football. Most of the time baseball players are standing and squatting waiting for a ball to come to them or in the dugout. Sure, pitchers' arms get tired, but that's what a bullpen is for. In football you don't have 100 extra players to put on the field in such cases, and if you did the financials just wouldn't work.
    Is that why a full extra game was added on the season?

Just stop. They already play about 5 or 6 minutes of OT any way. Just put 10 minutes on the clock, reward the home team the ball first in the conference playoffs and there you go. Easy and nobody complains but you.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    No extra points in OT. Must go for 2.
    I like it

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Is that why a full extra game was added on the season?

Just stop. They already play about 5 or 6 minutes of OT any way. Just put 10 minutes on the clock, reward the home team the ball first in the conference playoffs and there you go. Easy and nobody complains but you.
    That was stupid and without a bye and made to recover covid losses.

Really the logical solution would be 18 games in 20 weeks, starting the regular season in early-mid August.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Team (on left) attempting 3rd win in the same season

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Arrived today. A sign? $5 on Fanatics. Gotta sport it to the Pub tomorrow.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Arrived today. A sign? $5 on Fanatics. Gotta sport it to the Pub tomorrow.
    Miami bound? lol 2019. This year's game is in California.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    There’s a pretty good interview with Deebo this last week. He says that they play so physical that it’s hard to prepare for them in a week. He explained it better than that. But it made sense. Imo, they’d be an easy favorite with a slight QB upgrade.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    There’s a pretty good interview with Deebo this last week. He says that they play so physical that it’s hard to prepare for them in a week. He explained it better than that. But it made sense. Imo, they’d be an easy favorite with a slight QB upgrade.
    Imo with Rodgers and Brady flaming out so quickly and having already won a bunch of MVP's, I'd switch the MVP award up this year and give it to Kupp or Deebo. Both are the best player on their team and very much deserving.

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    Imo with Rodgers and Brady flaming out so quickly and having already won a bunch of MVP's, I'd switch the MVP award up this year and give it to Kupp or Deebo. Both are the best player on their team and very much deserving.
    Aren't the votes cast before the playoffs start? Or is that in the NBA only?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yes. Andy is re ed

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Back to the Super Bowl

Get Jerry on the line

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They are, which is stupid. I believe that they should be cast and finalized and released to the public in the weekend between the championship weekend and the Super Bowl (i.e. next weekend / Pro Bowl weekend). I don't think one and done's like Rodgers this year or 2007 Dirk Nowitzki deserved MVP.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Back to the Super Bowl

Get Jerry on the line
    Jerry Jones already said he's rooting for the Rams to win it all. He was born and raised in LA.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    They are, which is stupid. I believe that they should be cast and finalized and released to the public in the weekend between the championship weekend and the Super Bowl (i.e. next weekend / Pro Bowl weekend). I don't think one and done's like Rodgers this year or 2007 Dirk Nowitzki deserved MVP.
    MVP is a regular season award, so the best they can do is to cast the votes before the playoffs start.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Chiefs getting away with a lot of contact on those last two passes.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Chiefrefs already decided this game. I guess I’ll take a nap before Rams-Niners.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    MVP is a regular season award, so the best they can do is to cast the votes before the playoffs start.
    That's stupid. It should factor in both RS and playoffs (not Super Bowl). Co equal branches.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Chiefs getting away with a lot of contact on those last two passes.
    Both teams a little handsy in the endzone, but Chiefs still scoring TDs because they can extend plays, Bengals have to throw the go route every time because their o-line can't hold up.

It's nice to see a championship game that isn't a flag fest. Good on you refs

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Chiefrefs already decided this game. I guess I’ll take a nap before Rams-Niners.
    Huh? Dumb comment to make since there hasn't even been a single yellow flag and we're halfway through the 2nd quarter.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    lol "Chiefsrefs"...

Burrow got away with obvious grounding on that last play, but the refs didn't call it allowing Cincinnati to run on the next play and convert.

But I like that they're letting them play.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    KC is just the better team. Cincinnati overachieved this year; if they want to be compe ive long term they MUST nuke offensive line hard in the draft because they have one of if not the worst offensive lines in football. How do you give up 9 sacks in a playoff game to a Tennessee ans anemic pass rush that had 19 ing sacks all regular season?

Thread Information